Beach Boys - Pet Sounds on Blu Ray Audio

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Usually they update information when evidence is provided - I submitted a correction for the Bon Jovi , with a link to the picture.

Not sure why they haven't updated it... (and Black Sabbath 13 for that matter...)

I submitted a correction too for Bon Jovi (with no picture though)
And good point on Black Sabbath 13, a stereo only disc that's still labeled as having DTS-HD MA 5.1
Someone's not minding the store over there… ;)

Usually they update information when evidence is provided - I submitted a correction for the Bon Jovi , with a link to the picture.

Not sure why they haven't updated it... (and Black Sabbath 13 for that matter...)

I use that site a lot and it's very helpful in knowing what discs are available in hi rez...and providing links to some sources is also pretty cool...

I have the boxed set and DVD-A. I seem to remember that subsequent releases of the stereo mix were able to restore some elements that were absent from the multis. Is this correct?

On the high res stereo these corrections were not used. This means that on the UK/Euro CD & DVD package, there are effectively four mixes - or versions - of the album.

This may be easier to read. So is the surround mix on the Blu-ray the same as what was on the dvd-audio, or is it a new mix as previously advertised?

Attachments

• rightsideup.jpg
    rightsideup.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 446
This may be easier to read. So is the surround mix on the Blu-ray the same as what was on the dvd-audio, or is it a new mix as previously advertised?

Since the liner notes are dated July 2002, I'd say it's probably the same 5.1 mix as used on the DVD Audio disc.

While we're waiting for this HFPA Blu-Ray to come out, I highly recommend that everyone head to their local movie theater to check out the new film "Love & Mercy" about Brian Wilson.

Paul Dano is particularly impressive as the younger Wilson, and the music? Well, that speaks for itself. :)

Also, I knew beforehand what a horrible father and just downright asshole Murray Wilson was, but I had no idea that Mike Love was such an asshole too (or maybe that's just dramatic reinterpretation…) Same goes for that Dr, brilliantly played by Paul Giamatti

While we're waiting for this HFPA Blu-Ray to come out, I highly recommend that everyone head to their local movie theater to check out the new film "Love & Mercy" about Brian Wilson.

Paul Dano is particularly impressive as the younger Wilson, and the music? Well, that speaks for itself. :)

Also, I knew beforehand what a horrible father and just downright asshole Murray Wilson was, but I had no idea that Mike Love was such an asshole too (or maybe that's just dramatic reinterpretation…) Same goes for that Dr, brilliantly played by Paul Giamatti

Yeah that movie looks real interesting , but me thinks it is well known within the music industry what an A- hole Mike Love is. So the movie was good RT?

Yeah that movie looks real interesting , but me thinks it is well known within the music industry what an A- hole Mike Love is. So the movie was good RT?

Yes, very good. It's made particularly impressive by Paul Dano and Paul Giamatti's performances.
I'm looking forward to getting the film on Blu-Ray when it's out so I can watch and listen to it in my home. From what I could tell in the theater, there was some creative surround mixing going on during parts of the film, especially when the sound was trying to convey the 'voices and sounds' in Brian's head.
Now the music didn't sound very discrete, but I wouldn't expect it to. After all, we're talking about an era of music when mono was king… ;)

Slight digression... I recommend the book "Whale Music" by Paul Quarrington... inspired by the life of Brian Wilson and full of humour and strong emotions. Quarrington was a musician as well as an author and so has the extra insights - like his hero playing a Yamaha DX-666 which he would have to wrestle into submission before he could play it. Stevie Wonder owned the only other one. :D

I'm getting a real attitude about the lack of information regarding release date of the Pet Sounds Blu-Ray Audio....
It amazes me in a time of the internet...that there isn't "some" leakage of valid information about this....

What are the chances that this simply fell through and won't happen at all? :mad:

I'm getting a real attitude about the lack of information regarding release date of the Pet Sounds Blu-Ray Audio....
It amazes me in a time of the internet...that there isn't "some" leakage of valid information about this....

What are the chances that this simply fell through and won't happen at all? :mad:

GOS,

Have you at least got on DVDA or dvd/cd??

They've probably cancelled it, the silly arseholes! :flame

Come on fizzy, GOS wants to enjoy Pet Sounds in surround, not endure that fudged up load of old cobblers! ;)

Although I do like blu-ray and wouldn't mind a copy, I must be in the minority here, I do like Mark Linnet's surround mix.It is an amazing job to take "mono" and make it "stereo"and then (Silverline pay attention here....) turn it into 5 .1 surround !

Back