57th Annual Grammy Nominations - Surround Sound

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elmer

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Here you go...

71. Best Surround Sound Album

Beppe: Remote Galaxy

Morten Lindberg, surround mix engineer; Morten Lindberg, surround mastering engineer; Morten Lindberg, surround producer (Vladimir Ashkenazy & Philharmonia Orchestra)

Label: 2L (Lindberg Lyd)

Beyoncé

Elliot Scheiner, surround mix engineer; Tom Coyne, surround mastering engineer; Beyoncé Knowles, surround producer (Beyoncé)

Label: Columbia Records

Chamberland: The Berlin Remixes

David Miles Huber, surround mix engineer; David Miles Huber, surround mastering engineer; David Miles Huber, surround producer (David Miles Huber)

Label: 51Bpm.Com LLC

The Division Bell (20th Anniversary Deluxe Box Set)

Damon Iddins & Andy Jackson, surround mix engineers; Damon Iddins & Andy Jackson, surround mastering engineers (Pink Floyd)

Label: Parlophone

Epics Of Love

Hans-Jörg Maucksch, surround mix engineer; Hans-Jörg Maucksch, surround mastering engineer; Günter Pauler, surround producer (Song Zuying, Yu Long & China Philharmonic Orchestra)

Label: Stockfisch-Records

Mahler: Symphony No. 2 'Resurrection'

Michael Bishop, surround mix engineer; Michael Bishop, surround mastering engineer; Elaine Martone, surround producer (Benjamin Zander & Philharmonia Orchestra)

Label: Linn

Let the games begin...

Congratulations to Andy Jackson. That is for sure.

What's hard to believe that releases like Moondance, The Yes Album, Marley Legend, Hypnotic Eye, Drums and Wires, Reckless, Songs from the Big Chair, the Jethro Tulls, and others were not even nominated! What's up with that??

I am not saying that either one of these titles is better or worse than "The Division Bell". I am just saying that these titles and other should have made the finals. The Grammy s continue to be off in a world of their own.

So, LETS GO ANDY!! Good luck and I hope you win.

Congratulations to Andy Jackson. That is for sure.

What's hard to believe that releases like Moondance, The Yes Album, Marley Legend, Hypnotic Eye, Drums and Wires, Reckless, Songs from the Big Chair, the Jethro Tulls, and others were not even nominated! What's up with that??

I am not saying that either one of these titles is better or worse than "The Division Bell". I am just saying that these titles and other should have made the finals. The Grammy s continue to be off in a world of their own.

So, LETS GO ANDY!! Good luck and I hope you win.

I'm glad to see Andy included and I hope he wins....there is Elliot Scheiner AGAIN...not my type of music but the man is so versatile...just saying..

What is this?? :confused:

Beyoncé

Elliot Scheiner, surround mix engineer; Tom Coyne, surround mastering engineer; Beyoncé Knowles, surround producer (Beyoncé)

Label: Columbia Records

Eliott was just as surprised as anyone to be asked to do the mix. According to a very reliable source, his first mix was rejected by Beyonce's camp for being too aggressive - too much going on in the rears (no pun intended).

Eliott was just as surprised as anyone to be asked to do the mix. According to a very reliable source, his first mix was rejected by Beyonce's camp for being too aggressive - too much going on in the rears (no pun intended).

LOL - too much junk in the trunk huh? Well, I suppose so. :banana:

Surprised Elliot even took on this task............the payout had to be huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge

and to be dissed on his first mix by Jay Z (Beyonce's camp)??? Multi Grammy winner overruled by someone who recites preschool lyrics with curse words.

BTW - Snood is not anti RAP - love me some Cypress Hill first 2 albums...............especially the first!!!

Man what a waste of time remixing songs like this when he could have been remixing AJA or whatever.............

Please don't ban Snood :friday:

Surprised Elliot even took on this task............the payout had to be huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge

and to be dissed on his first mix by Jay Z (Beyonce's camp)??? Multi Grammy winner overruled by someone who recites preschool lyrics with curse words.

BTW - Snood is not anti RAP - love me some Cypress Hill first 2 albums...............especially the first!!!

Man what a waste of time remixing songs like this when he could have been remixing AJA or whatever.............

FWIW, I really like this disc - and the hip hop/rap element is pretty subdued. Modern R&B, great production and some very talented people involved - and yes I mean Beyonce et al.

FWIW, I really like this disc - and the hip hop/rap element is pretty subdued. Modern R&B, great production and some very talented people involved - and yes I mean Beyonce et al.

It's Worth a Lot - Koo Koo Koo - Snood was'nt saying this release was Hip Hop/Rap - but instead the first mix was nixed by Beyonce's camp - most likely being JayZ

Snood love me some R&B biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig time - Motown, Commodores, EWF list goes on & on............

If Snood got this on the suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupper Cheap - SNood might be inclined to drink a ton of rum & cokes, black out and give it a try. Nah only kidding...........would still be lucid, but would be lit.

Thing is.............Snood was not a big Elton John fan until some person here on QQ whom me will not name (fredblue)* forced me , yes forced me - how u ask?? well by suggesting that Snood check out the SACD releases........Snood has been in therapy ever since cuz me love the EJ releases.............Fredblue please forgive Snood - yes Snood will sit in corner and perm my hair again.............whatever you command.

*by use of the name FredBlue, this does not specifically identify anyone in real life or on the QQ forums. Any similarities are purely by coincidence. :p

Elliot Scheiner did that Beyoncé 5.1..?!? :yikes I didn't think it was too bad after one quick play through, certainly surround stuff going on but now I know it's by the maestro I need to play it again! :D

Thanks for the info elmer (y)

It's Worth a Lot - Koo Koo Koo - Snood was'nt saying this release was Hip Hop/Rap - but instead the first mix was nixed by Beyonce's camp - most likely being JayZ

Snood love me some R&B biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig time - Motown, Commodores, EWF list goes on & on............

If Snood got this on the suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupper Cheap - SNood might be inclined to drink a ton of rum & cokes, black out and give it a try. Nah only kidding...........would still be lucid, but would be lit.

Thing is.............Snood was not a big Elton John fan until some person here on QQ whom me will not name (fredblue)* forced me , yes forced me - how u ask?? well by suggesting that Snood check out the SACD releases........Snood has been in therapy ever since cuz me love the EJ releases.............Fredblue please forgive Snood - yes Snood will sit in corner and perm my hair again.............whatever you command.

*by use of the name FredBlue, this does not specifically identify anyone in real life or on the QQ forums. Any similarities are purely by coincidence. :p

Oh Snood! :eek: You are a great character! :D

Thrilled you're enjoying the EJ 5.1, some more great stuff I can recommend from UMe coming in the New Year :)

Elliot Scheiner did that Beyoncé 5.1..?!? :yikes I didn't think it was too bad after one quick play through, certainly surround stuff going on but now I know it's by the maestro I need to play it again! :D

Thanks for the info elmer (y)

If you saw the previous post from Elmer(#7)his first mix was rejected for being "too aggressive"...which translated means it was probably the right one and he got a dose of "micromanagement" from the Diva's "posse"...it kills me that you hire a professional and then don't take his advice...one of my pet peeves with these performers...just stick to what you know(playing or singing)and leave the mix to the professionals...and then if people don't like the mix ES gets the blame...IMO there is no such thing as too aggressive in surround mixes...

It's ok to not like rap music...I don't like it...I want singing not talking:ugham:

Here you go...

71. Best Surround Sound Album

Beppe: Remote Galaxy

Morten Lindberg, surround mix engineer; Morten Lindberg, surround mastering engineer; Morten Lindberg, surround producer (Vladimir Ashkenazy & Philharmonia Orchestra)

Label: 2L (Lindberg Lyd)
Done.

Back