Rick Wakeman - Six Wives and Arthur

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably the guy that has written the article is just unaware of the previously released quad mixes... personally if these are the old quad mixes i'm fully ok, these mixes do smokes!!!!!

Probably the guy that has written the article is just unaware of the previously released quad mixes... personally if these are the old quad mixes i'm fully ok, these mixes do smokes!!!!!
i'm quite in doubt Rick himself is aware of existence of quad mixes few of his albums. at least i remember to seen on his webpage
the list of discography with pretty detailed info about every pressing, supplied by cat.# and there was absent any info about quadraphonic issues :)

Really?? That would be fantastic!! (y)

There are things going on behind the scenes, it all has to be kept under wraps for now (for all sorts of reasons) but IF just a fraction of it comes to fruition it's gonna blow our f¥[}ing minds guys just sit tight and all will be revealed!! :wave

There are things going on behind the scenes, it all has to be kept under wraps for now (for all sorts of reasons) but IF just a fraction of it comes to fruition it's gonna blow our f¥[}ing minds guys just sit tight and all will be revealed!! :wave
oh well Adam, i have no objections against some sort of mystery, regarding what and when are in plans to be re-issued
in surprising wraps such as HiRes, surround.
but if release already have been announced and even been offered for preorder, damn! please put on it proper detailed description
and let the buyers know, what in the heck they are buying.
i like plenty of Wakeman works but not looking to fork out something like $70-80 for stuff, i don't have an use for.
that's really pisses me off for years now.

oh well Adam, i have no objections against some sort of mystery, regarding what and when are in plans to be re-issued
in surprising wraps such as HiRes, surround.
but if release already have been announced and even been offered for preorder, damn! please put on it proper detailed description
and let the buyers know, what in the heck they are buying.
i like plenty of Wakeman works but not looking to fork out something like $70-80 for stuff, i don't have an use for.
that's really pisses me off for years now.

please be sure, it's not mystery just for the sake of it, you have my word on that, it is simply a necessity (for a host of reasons I can't and wont go into now).

fair enough, the lack of accurate tech spec info at this early stage is mildly frustrating (y) However i'd be very surprised if nobody officially clarifies these are in fact DVD-A well before release :)

Over at superdeluxeedition a certain Neil Wilkes responded

Neil Wilkes says:
December 11, 2014 at 09:31
Quick nit-pickers note:
These are DVD-Audio/Video hybrid discs, not straight DVD-Video so that the Quads are there in 24/96 lossless along with the stereos.
They are also included as DTS & AC3 versions for backwards compatibility
Neil is all over the place with a lot of surround releases these days which is great, as it garuantees high quality!

And it is confirmed that it is the original quads?
From superdeluxeeditions
The keyboard player and composer’s 1973 debut The Six Wives Of Henry VIII and The Myths and Legends of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table (1975) will be be re-released as CD+DVD deluxe sets and there will also be new vinyl pressings.

The Six Wives of Henry VIII will include a few single edits as bonus material, along with the original Quadrophonic Mix on the DVD.

The Myths and Legends of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table also includes a Quad Mix on the DVD along with a BBC TV special from April 1975.
http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/rick-wakeman-deluxe-reissues/#more-108731 The tracklisting mentions the original quad catalogue number of King Arthur. Not 100% confirmation, but my assumption is the original quads are included.

Back