Suggestions for Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want Santana and Jeff Beck please.

A corrected PARANOID would also be sublime. The original pressing has out of time vocals in rears on the first two tracks. Apart from that I love it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another vote for the Edgar Winter & Rick Derringer titles.

Also Switched On Bach by W. Carlos, Piano Man & Turnstiles by Billy Joel, Santana first album...

Any Seals and Croft
Elvis " Aloha From Hawaii"
Jefferson Starship " Red Octopus"
Paul Simon " Graceland"
Paul Simon " Still Crazy After All These Years"
"Tommy" Various Artist on the Ode label.
Steely Dan "Pretzel Logic"
I am so looking forward to the Guess Who "Greatest Hits" release. it should be superb.

Last edited:
It's been such a long time for that quadraphonic mix of Boston's first album to see the light of day!!!

Many quads I would like to see released but outside of the unreleased quads the absolute biggie for me is Canned Heat, Future Blues. I think it was one of their biggest hits and I think it would sell well, that is if the master sounds any good. There also should be a thread for titles to avoid. There are many.
Phil.

I'd like the Grass Roots 16 Greatest Hits. I had that on a really clean sounding QS record back in the day. Should have kept it. And I had the GRT blue Q8 too.

Maybe Best of Seals & Crofts is on its way too?? lol! I can dream....

I'd be even more happy with Summer Breeze & Diamond Girl....

I prefer original albums to best of compilations.

Unreleased Quads would be their most anticipated release, if they can get the rights and tapes as Rhino seemed to be pursuing....Allman's "Brothers and Sisters" I hope to see prior to sweet death.
Otherwise, for mass appeal of the previously released quads........ Chicago/Best Of, War/Best Of, Bread/Best Of, bound to get more sales than one off picking a single album out of their repertoire. Paul Simon or S&G would be sellers.
Personal wishes: the early Steely Dan's, Lennon "Imagine", Court and Spark, Focus "Moving Waves", Jackson's "Late for the Sky" (I live in hope that The Pretender was mixed to quad....). Jefferson Airplane/Starship. I'd say Loggins & Massena and others too, but very good conversions exist that would be hard to improve upon! John

War and probably Focus would belong to the Universal group... so maybe not via AF

Mobile Fidelity has some Santana coming out on Hybrid Stereo SACD (Abraxas, Santana). Probably using their upcoming 4X DSD Upsampling system. So those two (at least) are off the boards for consideration for Audio Fidelity.

this not only applies to OOP stuff but seems new releases isn't too far from that price tag.
Rick Wakeman appears on amazon pre-order list at shocking 46 bucks each disk.
it looks like most richest and successful artist openly most greedy ones. i guess it's a quest for
him to join the Pink Floyd/Jethro Tull greed club. i would love to buy both DVDAs as really liked
most of his solo works but if that price tag will not drop down, i pass and frankly someday just
will download pirated versions.
thanks God, SW, Nosound and few other still sell at affordable price their albums.

$46 per disc is pretty high for reissues. The big question is how well will they sell.

If they don't sell well, Universal and the other labels/bands will go back to licensing these titles to the reissue labels (Audio Fidelity, Mobile Fidelity, Acoustic Sounds, etc.)
If they do, more high priced reissues will come out from the major labels directlt. It's all up to the music fan and consumer. Vote with your purchases - or not.

Forgot to recommend Chuck Manigone in my earlier post. I remember playing two of his CD4 Quad disc quite often, " Chase The Clouds Away" and "Bellavia." They would make great additions.

Forgot to recommend Chuck Manigone in my earlier post. I remember playing two of his CD4 Quad disc quite often, " Chase The Clouds Away" and "Bellavia." They would make great additions.

Ah, I'd love those two in 4.0 Multichannel SACD!

I mentioned it because I wonder if they even tried, or wanted, to do that. It doesn't seem that permissions would be any obstacle, at least when you consider that it was done in the first place, and Blow By Blow was issued in surround around 12-13 years ago and recently reissued. Maybe they just don't want to get involved with quad reissues, which would be a shame, because there's room on the disc for it going to waste.

There are also questions of finding the Quad mix tapes. If they are found, what condition are they in? Are they usable? How do they sound? Etc etc....

I'm surprised the Best of Guess Who tapes showed up so quickly (ahead of even the Stereo tapes) and sound great. Best of Bread was tougher - finding the right tapes, etc. So one can only guess what the story might be on "Wired".

My point is we've been lucky so far on the 40+ year old Quad tapes for SACD reissues.

Back