Suggestions for Audio Fidelity Multichannel SACD Releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with your point of being lucky so far - and I'd like to hear what the story is regarding Wired. Right now, it certainly looks like a missed opportunity.

Missed opportunity if the tapes can be found, are in good condition, sound good, etc. Chances are high that at least one of those things - with Wired and many of the other Quad titles from that era - is not the case.

Right, but my point was to put an existing quad mix onto that very same disc.

That's how they would release it. As a Multichannel SACD. One of the advantages of the format - Stereo CD, Stereo SACD and Multichannel SACD all on one disc. No need for a separate release.

I want any and all surround releases in this order of priority.

Titles that have:

1. been mixed but not released (e.g. Thriller, Tusk, etc...); - Thanks AF for Supersession & Child is Father - BTW
2. been previously released in Quad, but not on Quad Reel;
3. been previously released on SACD/DVD-A, but are OOP and exorbitant in price - thanks AF for re-issuing Winelight!!!
4. been previously released in Quad on quad reel

I want any and all surround releases in this order of priority.

Titles that have:

1. been mixed but not released (e.g. Thriller, Tusk, etc...); - Thanks AF for Supersession & Child is Father - BTW
2. been previously released in Quad, but not on Quad Reel;
3. been previously released on SACD/DVD-A, but are OOP and exorbitant in price - thanks AF for re-issuing Winelight!!!
4. been previously released in Quad on quad reel

If the titles turn out like Best of Guess Who in Multichannel SACD, I'll gladly take Multichannel SACDs from Analog 4.0 Quad Tapes! :)

Let's hope AF's efforts are supported enough. It still bends my skull that I have CHILD IS FATHER the way Al wanted it to be heard in MC...who thought that would ever happen, and in this downloading age? Nice to buy a disc and really enjoy an old friend in a new way.

ED :)

1.) A Doobie Brother box set, with the first four Quad albums, and then adding the subsequent "Michael McDonald era" albums , remixed to 5.1 by ES.

2.) A Carley Simon box set of the Quad albums, plus the subsequent album that had "You belong to me" on it, remixed to 5.1 by ES.

3.) Quad mix of Greatst Hits Sly and the Family Stone.

4.) Quad mix of Greatest Hit Vol 2 The Guess Who.

5.) The missing Elton John surround Albums.

6.) The missing ES Steely Dan surround albums.

1.) A Doobie Brother box set, with the first four Quad albums, and then adding the subsequent "Michael McDonald era" albums , remixed to 5.1 by ES.

2.) A Carley Simon box set of the Quad albums, plus the subsequent album that had "You belong to me" on it, remixed to 5.1 by ES.

3.) Quad mix of Greatst Hits Sly and the Family Stone.

4.) Quad mix of Greatest Hit Vol 2 The Guess Who.

5.) The missing Elton John surround Albums.

6.) The missing ES Steely Dan surround albums.

Great choices - here's hoping that they all become available...

Great choices - here's hoping that they all become available...

Since 4 of the Carly Simon albums have been licensed by Mobile Fidelity for Stereo SACD release, I think # 2 is doubtful.
http://www.elusivedisc.com/Carly-Si...d-Limited-Edition-SACD/productinfo/MOBSA2166/
http://www.elusivedisc.com/Carly-Si...d-Limited-Edition-SACD/productinfo/MOBSA2167/
http://www.elusivedisc.com/Carly-Simon-Hotcakes-Numbered-Limited-Edition-SACD/productinfo/MOBSA2168/
http://www.elusivedisc.com/Carly-Si...d-Limited-Edition-SACD/productinfo/MOBSA2165/

Sly & the Family Stone's Greatest Hits is an interesting one for Multichannel SACD. Who knows?

I would not be surprised to see the Sly appear as a AF 4.0 SACD.

It fits the pattern. Original Quad, greatest hits album, not previously released by MFSL or another audiophile label (I think), and it's from the same archive source as the BS&T 2.

Kinda fits. And no, I have no prior knowledge or inside information - sorry. :(

My guess for what might be coming next from the title in this thread would be best of bread vol 2 that never got a quad release.

My guess for what might be coming next from the title in this thread would be best of bread vol 2 that never got a quad release.
Yeah - That fits in with Jon's teaser comment...

Yeah - That fits in with Jon's teaser comment...

No. I don't know of a Bread GH v2. It would be welcome, but I would be very surprised to see it surface. We don't really know how far it got back in the '70s, other than a catalog number appearing some places.

If AF is doing 'Best of's..... Colours of the day (best) Judy Collins; Frank Sinatra - GH vol 2 were both quads... Archies..... Sly Stone....
Johnny Mathis box; Barry Manilow box; Elvis box - all from their quads of course..

Johnny Mathis! That would be awesome...

If AF is doing 'Best of's..... Colours of the day (best) Judy Collins; Frank Sinatra - GH vol 2 were both quads... Archies..... Sly Stone....
Johnny Mathis box; Barry Manilow box; Elvis box - all from their quads of course..

Back