mint qsd-1 - never used. i bought it....wonder if its coming

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

w.a.reid

500 Club - QQ All-Star
271677599525 ebay item number

mint qsd-1

is the seller anyone here ? colin nitroy? anyone?

seller sold some serious gear recently - i bought the qsd-1.

i aint heard a werd.

im hoping its just the silent treatment.

i got my sv40x after wondering about it on this forum. im hoping to replicate that scenario.

w.a.r.

Nice score! I am pulling for you. The seller hasn't a lot of feedback, but it seems all good. Prolly just a guy who is trying to make a few honest bux. Just out of curiosity, have you discovered the Yahoo auctions in Japan? If you go to Buyee.jp and sign up, you can bid on Japanese stuff in english. That is how I got my QSD-1. Shipping from Japan is expensive, but it is as fast as going across the country. I just put my bid prices according to what I can afford including shipping.

cheers to all

yep...unfortunately very familiar with ebay resolution center. i cant listen to money. i want that flippin decoder. ive had 10. i think i have 2. i was going to have qrxrestore give them the once over. but a mint one....never used?? hey....i want that one quite badly.

seller has listed some more items - doesnt respond to my ebay messages - or my emails to his personal email - provided by ebay - and the phone number he has listed....i texted....its an iphone. nothing.

me be worry

w.a.r.

Nice score! I am pulling for you. The seller hasn't a lot of feedback, but it seems all good. Prolly just a guy who is trying to make a few honest bux. Just out of curiosity, have you discovered the Yahoo auctions in Japan? If you go to Buyee.jp and sign up, you can bid on Japanese stuff in english. That is how I got my QSD-1. Shipping from Japan is expensive, but it is as fast as going across the country. I just put my bid prices according to what I can afford including shipping.

hey thanks for that. im going to give it a looksie.

war

A quick Japanese lesson. In Japan, they don't use "quadraphonic", they sah "4ch". I also search for CD4 and Sansui qsd. This should find you most of the stuff. Also, a lot of Sony SQ LP's are not listed as 4ch, but by title or number only. They are annoying in that they think London Phase4 stereo is 4ch, ARGHHH!

A quick Japanese lesson. In Japan, they don't use "quadraphonic", they sah "4ch". I also search for CD4 and Sansui qsd. This should find you most of the stuff. Also, a lot of Sony SQ LP's are not listed as 4ch, but by title or number only. They are annoying in that they think London Phase4 stereo is 4ch, ARGHHH!

right on...i will be thorough.

speaking of phase4......

i will new thread it.

w.a.r.

completely freaked out and used ebay contact information to text the seller - no response.

called ebay - they said the account was suspicious and had been flagged.

i entered negative feedback warning future buyers that theyre wasting their time.

as i hit enter.....seller replied. family issues. said qsd-1 was just shipped and i got a tracking number.

so.....i had seller send me a FEEDBACK REVISION REQUEST - and i revised.

sounds like its coming.

i would upload some pix of it when it does show up.....but its just a box - not that flashy.

however....when i am finished with the rooms im building and redoing i will show you all the end result....a Sansui quad room and theater.

the plan is 4 bozak 302a speakers with modified tweets...but not bi amped.....straight across the bottom of the viewing wall. above that....the gear. and i am messing around with 4 soundspheres on the ceiling.

id like to use the sspheres and the bozaks with speaker selection A+B and balance them out until they form 1 sound source.

quick hijack

how do i have tone controls with different settings for the 2 sets of speakers? i think i am headed towards 2 amps or 2 preamps....1 for the soundspheres and 1 for the bozaks. i think.

sounds like a new thread to me....but i might as well get the rooms finished first.

good day to you all

william a reid

How about just adding equalisers? JVC did make a fairly common 4 channel one and you can upgrade to better if you are willing to buy a pair of stereo eq's, perhaps with room analysis capabilities. I really hope it all works out for you with this seller. In the 10+ years I have been doing ePay, I have had only a couple small, affordable problems. I have received everything in some state except for an old bit of advertising.

well - fuck people.

it aint coming - and look at all his sales.....those people arent getting anything. after no communication....i thought i would help others out by entering a scathing word of warning as a negative feedback to all the bidders he currently had -

"hmmm - just spoke with ebay - in a nutshell they sed that they have more than one eye on your account - im sorry - if you have shipped the decoder....you should say so.

if u need the negative feedback removed...send me a revision request.

if this was a scam...i hope to save some others their valuable time.

william"

within minutes i got this reply

"William,

Don't know what eBay is talking about. eBay has been more of a buyers marketplace lately anyway. Ive been scammed out of more vintage gear over the years. I've been selling for over 10 years on it (different name) I shipped it out this morning. Please understand that I've been away from my computer and home for a while as we've had some family related things to attend to (ive been out of town). Please remove any negative feedback. Tracking number is at work and I'll have it by end of day tomorrow for you. Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused. Cheers! "

well - theres communication all of a sudden AFTER i leave negative feedback. so i reply

"thats funny - i just spent half an hour with ebay - they wouldnt say crap except that theyre watching the account as suspicious. i just simply wanted to know if you were you...and not a terrorist. yes...ive Ffunded terrorism thru ebay - and have had every scam there is out there on me. been down that route too many times.

i know youre busy.....which is why i have had zero response from you at all - but gee whiz - you trying to freak a person out or what?

will you give me a tracking number AND a FEEDBACK REVISION REQUEST. I JUST FREAKING HIT ENTER on the negative feedback.
WILLIAM REID"

he replied moments later -

"Ha. Suspicious. Thats typical. Since I've never sold under this account. All the funds that were received through you or anyone are held until 3 days after you receive your item and leave positive feedback. Trust me. The family situation did not help at all in this matter. As far as I'm concerned this will be the last time I will be using eBay to sell. Again, tracking number is at work and ill have it to you tomorrow. Not sure how to send a revision request so ill have to wait to send that to you. when I do please revise. again sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for understanding.
Sincerely,
Turd"

in my negative feedback i called the seller a TURD

with my worries somewhat subsided - and i have a kind heart...and a fools brain - i removed the negative feedback.

i week later he had a sansui g8000 and a sansui g901db listed - i want both of these machines....but im catching on despite my greed - he simply is not receiving any feedback for his sales - except for 2 albums...he probably shipped.

however....when trying to figure out who these buyers are i went through completed recent sales....and their bidding activity.

low and behold - ebay doesnt make this simple - but i cant help but notice that a bidder with zero feedback bids ONLY with this seller and within the last hour....to run the bidding up. thats called "shill bidding". you can do it yourself with a new and seperate account - kind of complicated....or you can have a buddy do it. either way...suspicious. so i turned him in for shill bidding.

(some of this i will move over to another more ebay related post i jumped in.)

so i called ebay to report the shill bidding - and then i moved over to resolution center - where they told me -

open a case - seller has 3 BUSINESS days to respond.
after 3 days - if no response - i get to call ebay again and escalate the case to make an ebay decision - 3 more business days.
once they decide in my favor....3 business days to receive refund. approximately 3 days after christmas.

i asked for leniency - close this case now! and credit my account...i have some mad shopping to do before christmas. they said to get fucked.

so i called my credit card - they credited my account OVER THE PHONE - BOOM $611 back to me.

now the qsd-1 will show up.

oh...and by the way - i had a good feeling i was being scammed...so i bid and won his g8000.

i am actually getting "please pay for your item" requests from ebay.

what turds....but they are following a protocol i subscribed and agreed to - so thats on me. but what i could not impress upon Kathy...every filipino that answers for ebay is named kathy - happens to be wifes name...cute - anyways...what i couldnt impress her with was that ebay is HELPING protect this seller...while keeping me locked out of funds that i want to spend. again i got the "tough shit" attitude. so i hung up and called credit card. they did what i wanted...immediate refund.

im the type of asshole that is about to call ebay...actually try and speed up the refund process again - and when they tell me NO - i will say....ok, how do we handle the chargeback i just created with my creditcard?

i will provide their answer.

wm a reid

How about just adding equalisers? JVC did make a fairly common 4 channel one and you can upgrade to better if you are willing to buy a pair of stereo eq's, perhaps with room analysis capabilities. I really hope it all works out for you with this seller. In the 10+ years I have been doing ePay, I have had only a couple small, affordable problems. I have received everything in some state except for an old bit of advertising.

yep - ive got 2 of those jvc quad equalizers.

there is a sansui one that puts out a pink noise to test the room and make proper eq adjustments...id need 2 or 4 of those - front/rear on both speaker sets A+B

am considering the sansui quad amp - theres one on ebay now - looks messy - and seller does not have the know-how to realize he is testing the thing with only one channel - good grief.

william

"im the type of asshole that is about to call ebay...actually try and speed up the refund process again - and when they tell me NO - i will say....ok, how do we handle the chargeback i just created with my creditcard?

i will provide their answer.

wm a reid[/QUOTE]"

meh.....another Kathy said that ebay doesnt like it...but theres nothing they can do about it.

so....from now on i will pay with paypal....but instead of using paypal credit or my bank account to source the funds...i will always use the little $1000 creditcard i have attached to the paypal account...only because they made me go get a creditcard to attach to the account. then i always have the immediate chargeback temporary credit i may want to use with some other turd seller. no. i dont learn lessons.

w.a.r.

When I saw this go up for auction, I thought "new, never used" sounded too good to be true. Nice touch putting the unit in a plastic bag for the picture. Let us know if it ever shows up (or this story gets any stranger..).

I was really pulling for you William. Unfortunately there are a few turds out there and you seem to be shooting craps.:mad:@: This is really getting to be a real soap opera. I always pay with Paypal, for the protection. I didn't know we had options anymore. When I started buying on ePay I would use money orders or concealed cash. I am lucky it never came back to bite me. Cash in foreign currencies could prove cheaper for me sometimes and benefit the seller too. Nowadays Paypal is your only protection, unless your credit card also has protection. Hope this gets better real fast!

Fact, or casual racism?

im no racist.

question should be "fact or coinkydink?"

answer is....i dont know. either ebay requires customer service reps in the Philippines to chose from a list of American sounding names...and kathy seems popular....or theres a lot of kathy filipino women werking for ebay. or i get the same female over and over - that would be a coinkydink.

happy new year

ok - first off - mint qsd-1 never showed up. tied up $615 - but i got it all back.

i also "won" a sansui g8 receiver from the guy - never bothered paying. nothing became of that.

spoke with ebay and paypal recently about a lot of things.

first off - they are splitting up - not sure exactly why - but i do know that they have different return policies - and that if you start a claim on ebay....you can never open a claim with paypal - which is foolish. i have 3 life insurance policies on me - if i die tomorrow they all 3 will pay. i should have dual protection by using paypal thru ebay - i take it a step further....i use a third party credit card to fund ebay transactions so if i need to i can usually dispute a claim and get an immediate temporary funds reimbursement so that i can continue to use the card until things get sorted out - however....when ebay finds out you did a chargeback to paypal to get immediate funds availability....they close the "item not received" case or whatever type resolution center case there may be.

my street is old - the houses are not numbered logically. a property houses away and across the street is numbered 219.....it is assumed by both fedex and UPS that my house - 220 - is across the street - but it is not.

check this out - i had to get cozy with that homeowner because this happened...and continues to -

i dont get my ups package - tracks as delivered to front door

i inform seller

i inform ups

seller opens claim with ups

seller refunds me

i buy another

2 weeks later neighbor brings me my package. now i have 2 of the same item.

i inform seller as to what to do - seller sez to keep it because he got his money back from ups.

this also happened

K&N cold air intake - $375

ordered from site - shipped and tracked as delivered - but its not on my front porch - i went to suspect neighbors home....not on his front porch either.

i called paypal - told them i ordered a package....it tracks as delivered....but its not at my home or visible on surrounding porches - paypal credited my money WHILE ON THE PHONE - they said that purchases over $350 MUST be signed for at delivery. seller did not pay for this so there is no seller protection. some time later the package was at my front door - almost 3 weeks later - i dont know if a neighbor - or the seller or fedex brought it to me. i put it in the basement to see about it later. forgot. thats been a year now.

paypal now makes shipper use signature delivery confirmation for items over $750.

paypal now offers a 180 day no questions asked dispute resolution service for buyers. thats bad news for sellers.

ebay is also moving to a no questions asked return policy.

both ebay and paypal require buyer to pay for return shipping - but you do get original shipping fees returned. SELLER pays/eats those original return shipping fees !

only on ebay - if you decide not to return an item and pay return shipping - then you ESCALATE the item return request to ebay - more than likely the buyer wins favor in the resolution center and must return the item....but ebay MIGHT send via email a prepaid shipping label - where seller eats all shipping fees both directions and loses the sale of course and ebay records the transaction as a seller blemish - too many of those and that increases the seller fees....so they will often allow a buyer to return an item rather than risk the resolution center.

so ebay and paypal are really putting the screw to vintage electronics sellers - in 180 days a lot of buyers remorse can happen....or gear go bad. if buyer wants to pay return shipping....its a hassle free return.

hassle free....unless you are the seller of - lets say - a pioneer sx1250 for $1200.

im sorry......but 180 days later i do not have your $1200......and i dont want the receiver....thats why i sold it.

the things i sell on ebay must be light weight....just in case. and i guess i dont worry about hitting the buttons on ebay....it seems like there are more ways to rip off the seller than vice versa.

cheer to all

w.a.r.

yep - i was just signing in to show the same thing.

funny how the 2 sansui receivers this seller has listed are back too....i won one of them already....never paid.

hmmmm.....another seller in barto PA - kenneth robert. (484) 366-4272

how do i know??? because i hit buy it now on his $28 thousand dollar mustang and hit the "seller contact information request" buttons.

funny - seller wrote back within 5 minutes wanting to know when the $500 deposit was coming.

i also have $1000 bids on his other sansui items.

just got off the phone with ebay

"we are on top of this like..." flies on shit.

YAWN

sure they are - the original account is still up CNITPSU (translates) collin nitroy PA university...the person does exist....

and i just turned in this seller. im sure this account will stay up.

question is - do i make contact with seller? perhaps its just a buddy of the previous seller...and he doesnt know about his buddies lack of shipping prowess.

or leave negative feedback warning future bidders?

or just wait it out?

i'll prolly be drunk in an hour....i will try his cellphone.

w.a.r.

i have some PMs to answer - and i will

Back