Steven Wilson Donna Summer and any Disco in the works?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Dear Steven.

I've gathered that you are very fond of Donna's (RIP) stuff from the 70's.... I think it would make an AWESOME MCH mix with all those elements in the mix...
I'm almost positive you've thought about it, and , although the market doesn't seem to be too receptive for MCH Disco, I still think you should pull some strings and make it happen(maybe you have already)..if they let you and the Multis are still alive....

...Love to Love you Baby, Mc Arthur park....a bunch of them...maybe a compilation?

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

I hate to say it but that would be awesome!! I have always been amazed that some of the really lush disco titles never made it to quad. Donna Summer is one of my faves!!

I third this request!

Looks like a lot of Donna Summer's earlier albums haven't been reissued in a while, so now might be the time! :)

I third this request!

Looks like a lot of Donna Summer's earlier albums haven't been reissued in a while, so now might be the time! :)

Recent reissues of Donna's 80's & 90's albums (things like the self-titled Quincy Jones' produced LP, the Warner's CD of which is long out of print and goes for a bomb) are selling well apparently, so the arguably stronger 70's material should have some demand too. Great suggestion Kap! (y)

Saturday Night Fever was re-mixed for 5.1 and was due to have been a DVD-A...
to be honest i would prefer mixed and released in 5.1 JC - Superstar.
it has plenty of room to apply own imagination for talented mixer and unlike SNF, way much richer musically.

Oh I could weep! :howl

"I wanna put on my my my my my boogie shoes!" :banana:

Specifically, that song can't be mixed in 5.1, as the entire T.K. vault was destroyed in a fire.
If you notice, there are a bunch of T.K. remix coming and going in the last 20 years... but all are using the stereo master as a source, and dressing up the existing sound. No true remix from multis.

I hate to say it but that would be awesome!! I have always been amazed that some of the really lush disco titles never made it to quad. Donna Summer is one of my faves!!

IIRC the first (crazy) guy that synced two 24-track machines in order to record a whopping 48-track was D.C. LaRue with "Cathedral".
Of course i can only second the Donna Summer proposal... probably the best album that can benefit from a 5.1 mix is "Bad girls", and of course LTLYB too... but in a different way! :)

Hmmmm...silence....it speaks volumes!!!!

Either Steven is too busy with his new album (most plausible explanation)

OR

..there is some Donna Summer remixing in the plans (or already done)...

I'll be an optimist and go for the latter ;)

I've always read that companies will hold off on releasing a title while they wait for synergistic moments of heightened publicity. Well, Giorgio Moroder has gotten so much publicity of late thanks to his appearance on Daft Punk's last album that he was able to get a record deal for a new album in 2015. It would be the perfect opportunity for a hi-res release of a Donna Summer album he produced...

Dear Steven.

I've gathered that you are very fond of Donna's (RIP) stuff from the 70's.... I think it would make an AWESOME MCH mix with all those elements in the mix...
I'm almost positive you've thought about it, and , although the market doesn't seem to be too receptive for MCH Disco, I still think you should pull some strings and make it happen(maybe you have already)..if they let you and the Multis are still alive....

...Love to Love you Baby, Mc Arthur park....a bunch of them...maybe a compilation?

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

Would *love* to do the classic seventies Summer/Moroder/Bellote albums! Maybe Love To Love You Baby through to Bad Girls (the double concept album Once Upon a Time be pretty amazing in 5.1 especially) Would there be a market for them? Who knows, but they would definitely fall into the category of labour of love for me.

Would *love* to do the classic seventies Summer/Moroder/Bellote albums! Maybe Love To Love You Baby through to Bad Girls (the double concept album Once Upon a Time be pretty amazing in 5.1 especially) Would there be a market for them? Who knows, but they would definitely fall into the category of labour of love for me.

I guess this year would have been the ideal year to release a reissue (with remixes, of course) of "Love to Love You Baby" since that album is celebrating its 40th anniversary, but I'd love to get that album in surround (or any of the others you mentioned) at any time, so let's hope it eventually does come to fruition! :)

I'd buy them all. Especially "Once Upon A Time" and "Bad Girls". I would love to hear what you would do with those. And don't forget "I Feel Love". Universal are you listening???

Back