Steven Wilson Donna Summer and any Disco in the works?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Remember The Future! :banana:

Oops, that was Nektar.. :eek:

ok, let's have that in 5.1 AND La Donna's I Remember Yesterday..!

Surround sound was MADE for I Feel Love..!! :wave

A little off topic...but seeing this thread I couldn't resist...if you like Disco there is a blu ray audio disc that you need...it's not surround...but the sound quality is excellent for something recorded in the late 70's...and it has a HUGE amount of content..over 3 hours...this site usually has discounts so if you wait you can probably get a price reduction...HERE IT IS...I was shocked at how much I liked this disc...it was my first time hearing Grace Jones and.... in this setting and with the direction of Disco King Tom Moulton...she sounds excellent...

Would there be a market for them? Who knows, but they would definitely fall into the category of labour of love for me.

c'mon Steven, there are way more repertoire in the past which become iconic than that Donna Summer.
perhaps there are could be couple thousands hardcore fans of her worldwide but i don't think she would come
even close to quantity of fan base of the acts like Procol Harum or Black Sabbath.
another thought, why do you mostly oriented toward full back catalogs?
there some bands which had only one or few astonishing albums which still popular and loved even today,
after decades of their initial release.

c'mon Steven, there are way more repertoire in the past which become iconic than that Donna Summer.
perhaps there are could be couple thousands hardcore fans of her worldwide but i don't think she would come
even close to quantity of fan base of the acts like Procol Harum or Black Sabbath.

OK, well in that case I must be living in an alternate reality in which Donna Summer hasn't sold over 140 million records and isn't one of the biggest-selling artists of all time, and Procol Harum have a bigger fanbase. Maybe I should also forget my interest in doing the Michael Jackson catalogue and do something really iconic instead, like the Foghat back catalogue? (-;

PS - Would love to do the Sabbath catalogue.

OK, well in that case I must be living in an alternate reality in which Donna Summer hasn't sold over 140 million records and isn't one of the biggest-selling artists of all time, and Procol Harum have a bigger fanbase. Maybe I should also forget my interest in doing the Michael Jackson catalogue and do something really iconic instead, like the Foghat back catalogue? (-;

Steven..you were wearing that cologne "Eau d'sarcasme" today weren't you???? It's one of my favorite ones, and I wear it only on special occasions...

(you know that we all cherish your replies here...keep truckin' on!!!! BTW-any newson the CTwins??? )

Sabbath and Foghat (yep i said it) would be awesome....

If you could EVER get your hands on the Michael Jackson tapes for any of the albums that would be a dream come true! But getting back to the Donna Summer - Has there been any talk of doing something like that or is it just one of those things you would really like to do?

Actually, the first person to do that was Alec Costadino's ( and it was actually 47 tracks because one track was a time-code to synch both 24 track machines). It was his productions under the alias 'Love and Kisses' that pushed the boundaries of all possibilities of 48 track mixing, euro-disco lush beauty, and compositions that can only be compared to great classical composers like Rachmaninoff.

Giorgio Moroder's productions for Donna Summer are timeless. In fact, I would love to hear his 70s solo albums in 5.1.. Now that would be a dream!

IIRC the first (crazy) guy that synced two 24-track machines in order to record a whopping 48-track was D.C. LaRue with "Cathedral".
Of course i can only second the Donna Summer proposal... probably the best album that can benefit from a 5.1 mix is "Bad girls", and of course LTLYB too... but in a different way! :)

Actually, the first person to do that was Alec Costadino's ( and it was actually 47 tracks because one track was a time-code to synch both 24 track machines). It was his productions under the alias 'Love and Kisses' that pushed the boundaries of all possibilities of 48 track mixing, euro-disco lush beauty, and compositions that can only be compared to great classical composers like Rachmaninoff.

Yeah, I still got "Love and Kisses" 1st LP and it has everything AND the kitchen sink thrown in...but , somehow , I always thought it was "bouncedowns"....hmmm, interesting...

Giorgio Moroder's productions for Donna Summer are timeless. In fact, I would love to hear his 70s solo albums in 5.1.. Now that would be a dream!

... and I thought it was Jeff Wayne with his "War Of The Worlds" that locked together two 24-track machines for the first time! I remember (well think I do!) reading something about it in Studio Sound circa 1977/78. But that was a long time ago....... :mad:@:

Back