Lichtmond 3: Days of Eternity (Pure Audio Blu-Ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wavelength

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Played this about 7 - 8 times since I got it this week. Just love it. This is the instrumental version. 50 min. There is 20 min of bonus material that includes visuals and vocals but I didn't spend much time on that. The 5.1 mix is wonderful - discrete and immersive. Also included are 2.0, 7.1, and 9.1 mixes. The fidelity (dts-hd ma format) is great as well.

Lichtmond is a German band comprised of Brothers George and Martin Koppehele born in Munich in the mid sixties. Their roots are Pink Floyd, Tangerine Dream, and Alan Parsons. This particular disc is strictly instrumental. Other versions incorporate visuals and song. I sampled some of those on their web site and wasn't that impressed with those versions. But that could be just me. My preference is to not watch TV while listening to music of any kind. And I didn't find the vocals to be anything special.

I would describe the music as electronic pop/rock with orchestral overtones. There are real instruments as well as synthesizers - sorry I know that a synth is a real instrument but I think you get what I mean. It's a beautiful marriage. Acoustic and electric guitars take the lead at certain points throughout while the electronic sounds, background strings, drums, and bass carry the themes. Some other reviews on QQ of Lichtmond 2 described it as "cheesy" and I wonder if that has something to do with the singing. Lichtmond 3 Pure Audio does not sound cheesy to me at all.

This is definitely one of the best 5.1 mixes in my collection. There are lots of sounds and layers of sounds. You just want to keep listening to see what comes next.

There are some cool desktop images available for free download:
http://lichtmond.com/downloads.php

The main site is:
http://lichtmond.com/index_en.php

It looks as though Amazon Germany is the only distributor which is where I got my copy for $39cdn.
http://www.amazon.de/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000542463

Last edited:
There is lots of content in the LFE channel and it is a strong signal. Initially I had it dialed back too much but now I feel that I have it properly balanced with the other speakers. Now I can hear how important the LFE channel is on this disc and how much it contributes to the overall sound. My only regret is that I wish I had a better (bigger) sub.

My player makes a lot of noise when I play it, the main menu is fine but as soon as I select a soundstream it starts to make this noise that is so loud that I have to turn up the volume significantly. Anyone else having this problem? This is the only disc that does this and I have a lot of them.

Opened a thread about the same disc a while ago. I completely agree with you, Wavelength. The Ambra and Lichtmond discs are among the most stunning and immersive 5.1 mixes I own. The sound quality of all of them is outstanding. I can never get enough of them.

I can see why some people think the vocals/lyrics are cheesy. Well I guess it's down to taste... I love them.

Just got the Ambra - Prism of Life Blu-Ray as well and can't wait until I'm back in Canada to pop it in!!

Hey Jon, I'd love polls about all of these... :)

Opened a thread about the same disc a while ago. I completely agree with you, Wavelength. The Ambra and Lichtmond discs are among the most stunning and immersive 5.1 mixes I own. The sound quality of all of them is outstanding. I can never get enough of them.

I can see why some people think the vocals/lyrics are cheesy. Well I guess it's down to taste... I love them.

Just got the Ambra - Prism of Life Blu-Ray as well and can't wait until I'm back in Canada to pop it in!!

Well that's the thing about the Pure Audio Blu-ray version of Days of Eternity. There are no vocals. (Except for the bonus material.)

This disc continues to amaze me.

So none of the audio tracks included on the Pure Audio disc have the vocals?

There is at least one track with some "ah..........ah" choir-like background vocals. Recollecting now I don't have any memory of there being any other vocals at all. There might be other vocalizations of notes but nothing at all that is singing of words or any other voice in the foreground. And no visuals.

I didn't go through all the bonus material but A German Poem and an English Poem are listed so vocals there presumably. Visuals accompany the bonus tracks.

I will be buying this at some point. 2014 was the best year ever for 5.1 music.

I will be buying this at some point. 2014 was the best year ever for 5.1 music.

I think that 2003 or 2004 were better years.... much more came out...but 2014 is almost up there....

There is at least one track with some "ah..........ah" choir-like background vocals. Recollecting now I don't have any memory of there being any other vocals at all. There might be other vocalizations of notes but nothing at all that is singing of words or any other voice in the foreground. And no visuals.

I didn't go through all the bonus material but A German Poem and an English Poem are listed so vocals there presumably. Visuals accompany the bonus tracks.

Actually held the Pure Audio BR in my hands today at a German store. Interesting! The mix you're referring to is called "Chillout Mix" on it... And it's exclusive to the Pure Audio disc! Then, yeah it has the English and German poem versions, which are also on the regular Blu-Ray. They are basically the full album with vocals and all, and the spoken poems are either in German or English.

Actually held the Pure Audio BR in my hands today at a German store. Interesting! The mix you're referring to is called "Chillout Mix" on it... And it's exclusive to the Pure Audio disc! Then, yeah it has the English and German poem versions, which are also on the regular Blu-Ray. They are basically the full album with vocals and all, and the spoken poems are either in German or English.

Right!...the 5.1 mix, the one I've been listening to, is called the Chill Out Mix. I didn't realize that before. So the 2.0, 7.1, 9.1 are actually different as you point out. Good catch Bright Side.

Played this about 7 - 8 times since I got it this week. Just love it. This is the instrumental version. 50 min. There is 20 min of bonus material that includes visuals and vocals but I didn't spend much time on that. The 5.1 mix is wonderful - discrete and immersive. Also included are 2.0, 7.1, and 9.1 mixes. The fidelity (dts-hd ma format) is great as well.

Lichtmond is a German band comprised of Brothers George and Martin Koppehele born in Munich in the mid sixties. Their roots are Pink Floyd, Tangerine Dream, and Alan Parsons. This particular disc is strictly instrumental. Other versions incorporate visuals and song. I sampled some of those on their web site and wasn't that impressed with those versions. But that could be just me. My preference is to not watch TV while listening to music of any kind. And I didn't find the vocals to be anything special.

I would describe the music as electronic pop/rock with orchestral overtones. There are real instruments as well as synthesizers - sorry I know that a synth is a real instrument but I think you get what I mean. It's a beautiful marriage. Acoustic and electric guitars take the lead at certain points throughout while the electronic sounds, background strings, drums, and bass carry the themes. Some other reviews on QQ of Lichtmond 2 described it as "cheesy" and I wonder if that has something to do with the singing. Lichtmond 3 Pure Audio does not sound cheesy to me at all.

This is definitely one of the best 5.1 mixes in my collection. There are lots of sounds and layers of sounds. You just want to keep listening to see what comes next.

There are some cool desktop images available for free download:
http://lichtmond.com/downloads.php

The main site is:
http://lichtmond.com/index_en.php

It looks as though Amazon Germany is the only distributor which is where I got my copy for $39cdn.
http://www.amazon.de/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000542463

I have Just ordered all 3 Litchmond Blu Rays. Are they brickwalled like Ambra's Prism Of Life? I just got that title and I am appalled at the sound. Louder than Metallica, Dommi Borgir(death metal) and Opeth(death metal); CRAZY.

Is the Blu Ray compressed to death? I just got the POL DVD and it is loud as hell. Terrible mastering. Loudest DVD I have ever heard.

Is the Blu Ray compressed to death? I just got the POL DVD and it is loud as hell. Terrible mastering. Loudest DVD I have ever heard.

The DR values of Lichtmond 1/2/3 5.1 mixes: 9/8/7.

I have Just ordered all 3 Litchmond Blu Rays. Are they brickwalled like Ambra's Prism Of Life? I just got that title and I am appalled at the sound. Louder than Metallica, Dommi Borgir(death metal) and Opeth(death metal); CRAZY.
The Lichtmond that is the topic of this thread is the only one I have. It sounds fantastic to me. I've never heard Prism Of Life.

Back