Bread and Grover Washington Multichannel SACDs - Official Audio Fidelity Announcement

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't say much right now, but HOLY CRAP!! You guys will be happy.

:spot

Pretty nice, eh? The only question now is which is the better Analog Master Tape to DSD Transfer in 4.0 Multichannel Quad - Best of Guess Who or Best of Bread.
They are both amazing! :)

It's very important that the "Winelight" SACD sells well! Why? I now notice on the Audio Fidelity website that this title is part of the new ETrain initiative with Elliot Scheiner.
https://audiofidelity.net/product/grover-washington-jr-winelight

The better this title sells, the more likely there will be more Elliot Scheiner mixes released through Audio Fidelity, especially never before released surround mixes, old and new!

Let's speak with our wallets right now! :)

It's very important that the "Winelight" SACD sells well! Why? I now notice on the Audio Fidelity website that this title is part of the new ETrain initiative with Elliot Scheiner.

The better this title sells, the more likely there will be more Elliot Scheiner mixes released through Audio Fidelity, especially never before released surround mixes, old and new!

Good point...I'm pretty sure my wallet has been talking a lot lately. It has a mind of its own. :yikes

I'll be on that TRAIN!

It's an excellent Jazz album - the Bill Withers hit song "Just The Two of Us" (with Grover Wahsington Jr. on Saxophone) in 5.1 Multichannel is a nice cherry on top. So that's not a hard decision to make when considering it for an addition to your Multichannel SACD library.

Seems to be doing well - on the Multichannel SACD sales chart at Acoustic Sounds it's running ahead of Jeff Beck - Blow by Blow, George Benson - Breezin' and The Eagles - Hotel California.

Winelight Sales - Jan 25 2015.jpg

Sorry but no can do. I have limited funds so I have to weigh every surround purchase that I make. I might end up getting this one but if I do it will because I really, really want it.

Sorry but no can do. I have limited funds so I have to weigh every surround purchase that I make. I might end up getting this one but if I do it will because I really, really want it.

Both (Best of Bread and Winelight) are worth considering on Multichannel SACD. I would lean towards Best of Bread on Multichannel SACD if I had to buy only one.

Bread was a definite purchase for me, but I wasn't sure about GW. Based on the comments here, I went ahead and ordered it, too. I'm not a huge jazz fan, but I certainly remember "Just the Two of Us" when it first came out and enjoyed it then. I'm sure I'll enjoy it even more in 5.1 :) .

Jon

I've only ordered a couple SACD from importCD, so not sure about all the terminology they use. But, I notice that The Best of Bread SACD, says UNAVAILABLE.

For those of you who shop there often, what exactly does that mean? Is it because it's a pre-release, or truly, are there no discs?

I've only ordered a couple SACD from importCD, so not sure about all the terminology they use. But, I notice that The Best of Bread SACD, says UNAVAILABLE.

For those of you who shop there often, what exactly does that mean? Is it because it's a pre-release, or truly, are there no discs?

Because it's not available yet...that's how they word it..HERE it says March but that is subject to change...acoustic sounds has Feb 17th...

Both (Best of Bread and Winelight) are worth considering on Multichannel SACD. I would lean towards Best of Bread on Multichannel SACD if I had to buy only one.
I'm leaning towards The Guess Who at the moment. This is the best of the 3 new surround releases.

Hello,

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

Bread "Best of Bread"
Estimated arrival date: March 10, 2015

LOL! Not sure why they say no additional charge....I mean...I ordered it....apparently it will be shipped on the 8th or 9th....I'll receive on the 10th.
Regardless....I can't wait!

Just listening to Winelight on DVD-Audio - and it sounds amazing... can't wait to get the SACD to compare it...

Is the SACD really better sounding????

Just listening to Winelight on DVD-Audio - and it sounds amazing... can't wait to get the SACD to compare it...

Is the SACD really better sounding????

The DVD-A is superb...don't misunderstand and expect some "revelation"...it's not that...and maybe you won't detect any difference..BUT Jon and I both notice a very subtle difference in the sound...I'll be anxious to hear what you do think...

LizardKing brought up OD's blog in another thread (on Michael Martin Murphey's "Swans Against the Sun"), and when visiting the blog, I was pretty disgusted to find that a week ago a Q4 transfer of "The Best of Bread" was posted for FREE download.

Now normally I am all for digital Quad conversions as there are many of us (myself included) who do not have the means to play old Quad titles as they were released.
However, I'm shocked that they would have the unmitigated gall to put up a title for free download when it has just been remastered and released from a quality label.
It's an insult to AF to do something like that, and I'll be sure to let them know it is...

Back