Bread and Grover Washington Multichannel SACDs - Official Audio Fidelity Announcement

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got what you said but seems you're not :)
mastering engineer and mixing engineer is not the same, albeit sometimes one can be both.
ES does lots of mixes but afterward they send for mastering to another person to master the sound.
is there said "mixed and mastered by BL" or just "mastered"?

I didn't mention anything about mixing, and neither did the post I quoted. I really am aware of the difference between mixing and mastering.

(n)

Hey, I love THE BEACH BOYS....BEACH BOYS & GIRLS for all!!! :)(y)
for sure you do :smokin
but doesn't mean that their time still on.
frankly lately plenty of surround titles but nothing really to buy beside SW, Nosound and few other.

It may very well be an age difference here. I grew up listening to THE BEACH BOYS and THE BEATLES from my MOM playing them over & over. Next were groups like CHICAGO, MOODY BLUES, THE WHO, TEN YEARS AFTER, PROCOL HARUM and BREAD, just to name a few. Yeah, my Mother had good taste in music and some of the bands she played that I did not care for, I love now. Personally, I have a very open mind to a lot of bands from the past and have been rediscovering and sometimes discovering artists from the 60's and 70's. Also, I like a lot of the 80's music because the mid to late 70's, all the way through the late 80's were the best time in my life that I wish I could re-live again. :)

i don't mind to re-visit and re-evaluate but life continues and how one can be stuck in time?
i'm not the youngest guy here too but really like to hear something new, fresh.
first purchased DVDAs/SACDs because was new, sometimes better quality sound.
then started to buy mainly to support formats.
it was mistake. industry learned the lesson and now tries to sell obscure, forgotten,
played to death in past titles, at overinflated price.

b.t.w. i should accent in the post above, Steven and Giancarlo from new generation
of artist the only ones, who CONSTANTLY keep pushing surround, when few other just sporadically.
is there anyone else to be added to their camp?

I'd have gone with Best of the Doors or some of the Doobie Bros. and maybe do Bread in a couple of years after everything else was out. So, what's next, The Best of The New Seekers?

Whereas I'd not want the Doors, nor the Doobie Bros., but am keen on the Bread one. Different strokes, I suppose!

Gates had great songs- they sell and were very good. What everybody is missing is the side 2 material, I call it the Mike Botts side, which is excellent. That is the side I look forward to hearing, in this release. This will be a good addition and they are establishing a solid early classic rock catalog. They need to go after more uptempo if they can get it, Doobies would be solid seller.

I agree. I'd like the see the many Doobie Brothers Quad titles and the Best of The Doors. I will be getting this one and Vol. 2 if it's released.

I really like the first BREAD album. It's really rockin'!(y)

Whereas I'd not want the Doors, nor the Doobie Bros., but am keen on the Bread one. Different strokes, I suppose!

One of my New Year's resolutions is to not knock what everyone else is listening to. There are many artists still that I will not listen to, used to listen to but not much anymore, and ones I'll never stop listening to. No one will agree on everything. btw, Happy New Year!:)

One of my New Year's resolutions is to not knock what everyone else is listening to. There are many artists still that I will not listen to, used to listen to but not much anymore, and ones I'll never stop listening to. No one will agree on everything. btw, Happy New Year!:)

You are a good man...I've tried to do this myself...not an easy task for me...I'm the alpha male type...I don't like to follow..I prefer to lead..and I'm very vocal about my likes and dislikes...I hate (c)rap music and most country stuff(but I bend a little on some of the more mellow..less red-neck type)..BUT I don't blast people who like it..wasn't always that way though...it was a learning process for me to stifle my alpha ways and keep quiet on the subject...in the last couple of years I have really opened myself up to more forms of music...partially because of hi rez discs and because of forum participation...that's what I love about forums...you are exposed to different music..and it's been working for me...

You are a good man...I've tried to do this myself...not an easy task for me...I'm the alpha male type...I don't like to follow..I prefer to lead..and I'm very vocal about my likes and dislikes...

I like to be vocal about my likes/dislikes too but on QQ sometimes I tend to laugh at and let be known what another person thinks is good. For instance, many who wanted the new Pink Floyd album. I purchased the mp3 version and was surprised that it wasn't too bad but I still will not purchase the surround version and probably won't hear it again.:)

Further on the topic of likes/dislikes...my experience over the last 10 - 15 years is that high resolution and surround sound make music sound more like music. That's why I have opened up to genres that previously I avoided.

I am assuming that this is a quad version, but who knows? I have heard the quad version of The Best of Bread and its great. Either way, its great that we are continuing to get these surround Audio Fidelity discs. Happy New Year everyone!

I really wish they'd crank out some Eagles albums, especially Desperado & their debut album which were announced but never appeared. Would also love to hear 'Border' and 'Nights' in something a little more hi-res than a Q8.

How about some more Columbia titles?

'They Only Come out at Night', 'Pearl', 'Sly Stones' GH, Santana's GH,

Or how about dig into the archives?

'White Trash', 'Eli & the 13th Confession', 'There's a Riot Goin' On', 'Boston', or dare I ask for an actual, properly finished 'Bat out of Hell' ?

I really wish they'd crank out some Eagles albums, especially Desperado & their debut album which were announced but never appeared. Would also love to hear 'Border' and 'Nights' in something a little more hi-res than a Q8.

Or how about dig into the archives?

'White Trash', 'Eli & the 13th Confession', 'There's a Riot Goin' On', 'Boston', or dare I ask for an actual, properly finished 'Bat out of Hell' ?

I would have to agree that while I'll likely pick up a copy of this I'd prefer some titles that were not released during the quadraphonic era. I currently have Best of Bread on Q8, Quad reel, 3 copies on CD-4 vinyl, a dts conversion and a dvd-audio conversion of the quad reel. So, do I really need another copy on SACD? Likely not, but I'll probably buy it. I agree that I'd be far more excited about something like Eagles Desperado or the Eagles debut album or some of the other titles you list that were never released in quad or surround. Still, I'm appreciative of the fact that in this day and age that AF is doing anything in surround or quad.

They Only Come Out At Night would be fantastic. This was always my SQ show-off piece when someone came over. The previously released stereo SACD sounds awful. Really bright. I prefer the 3 3/4 IPS reel to that.

I would have to agree that while I'll likely pick up a copy of this I'd prefer some titles that were not released during the quadraphonic era. I currently have Best of Bread on Q8, Quad reel, 3 copies on CD-4 vinyl, a dts conversion and a dvd-audio conversion of the quad reel. So, do I really need another copy on SACD?

A resounding, yes! You need to collect them all before you regret it and pass on to that great gig in the sky. :)

Back