Bread and Grover Washington Multichannel SACDs - Official Audio Fidelity Announcement

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because they were not released in quad or even mixed for surround as far as I know.
hey Bob, i do remember to seen several years ago somewhere here at QQ link to Billboard with promo for new Quad releases.
among others there was Supertramp "Crime Of The Century" and ZZ Top "Fandango".
well, i'm not greatest fan of ZZ Top, but even so, their unreleased Quad pretty sure could be much better not only choice but seller as well.
best Supertramp's album in surround would be just super offer.
instead this something, no one remember or even heard ever.
but anyway, everyone to their own.
to be honest, at dawn of HiRez Surround the selection was much wider and better.
now labels offering mainly something previously issued on DVDAs or stuff, which absolutely not in demand.

The last Opeth ,Pale Communion,was released as BluRay Audio.
thanks, i didn't know it. should check out.
i do have their previous, beginning i guess from 2006, but all DTS and really not greatest sounding stuff even for such kind of music.

thanks, i didn't know it. should check out.
i do have their previous, beginning i guess from 2006, but all DTS and really not greatest sounding stuff even for such kind of music.
Note that the phase was "inverted" on the front left and LFE channel in the original issue disc. Roadrunner issued a replacement but it still has the LFE inverted :mad::
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...-5-1-(Blu-ray)&p=225711&viewfull=1#post225711

The mix is good as its done by St. Steven...

I am all for AF, but this title does not get a lot of enthusiasm out of me. I mean, it's fine, it's quad and all. But it's not something I would be looking forward to hearing (again).

That song "Diary." Every time I hear it I want to tell the narrator to grow a set of balls! LOL Regardless, I appreciate whatever gets issued in multichannel music whether or not I buy it just as long as the titles keep coming.

There are some hate-worthy Bread songs but this is still a must buy. There are some good ones too. The challenge will be in listening to them one after the other.

Something new to multichannel would be nice.

Phil Collins please.
uh! personally absolutely hate his implementation of his whining into Genesis music and never liked solo stuff, but must admit,
doesn't matter what my thinking is, it would be very strong seller with potential to add to surround camp significant amount of new folks.
but on another hands, since he don't have surround titles in his portfolio, AF will never go into trouble to do new remix, as this gonna to
shrink the profit margin, even if they would be able to get bargain on licensing.

great :) because i did suspected you're attempting to tease me
anyway, there were brilliant conversion from this CD-4 to DVDA.

LMAO! I never thought a simple thread about BREAD in multi channel would bring out such posts. AGain....regardless of all the chatter - this "could" be a great thing. Bring it on..bring it on....

great :) because i did suspected you're attempting to tease me
anyway, there were brilliant conversion from this CD-4 to DVDA.
Well, yeah I am teasing whoever (even myself) a bit. I mean I put the headphones on and started listing to the songs and the first thing that hit me was this ain't nothing like I've been listening to for the last 10 years. So yeah, can I, you, or whoever dig it?

not really. with due all respect, they just started and there not yet confidence if that's will have continuity. so we can only hope they will not abandon.
SW keeps this since "Stupid Dream" 1999 up to present days. on top of his own work, he pulled into HiRez/Surround bunch of other artists. so that's makes
very obvious Steven will not drop out off this camp.
Giancarlo has lesser profile (in fact in full range only since 2005) but already showed his own dedication to HiRez/Surround by having fourth album in row
with this format.
closest are Opeth, perhaps because SW influence, but sadly they do not offer even lone album in HiRez.
that's all i can recall.

Hi Otto, no problem. I know it is not really a competition, but Andy Jackson has 4 surround mixes on his name, On an Island, The Division Bell, The Endless River and Signal to Noise.

Rob Reed has his solo album, the Kompendium album and 4 Magenta albums released in surround. Both not much but it looks like they are to stay in the surround camp.

Hi Otto, no problem. I know it is not really a competition, but Andy Jackson has 4 surround mixes on his name, On an Island, The Division Bell, The Endless River and Signal to Noise.

Rob Reed has his solo album, the Kompendium album and 4 Magenta albums released in surround. Both not much but it looks like they are to stay in the surround camp.

I know we're getting a little OT here, but which of Rob Reeds's surround albums are DVD-A? I know "Sanctuary" and the Kompendium album are on DVD-A, but are all the Magenta albums DVD-V?

Back