Blood, Sweat & Tears and Guess Who 4.0 Quad SACDs - Official Audio Fidelity Announcement

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BS&T.jpg

BS&T/SACD multi channel
Light years better than the original

Would Audio Fidelity consider doing B,S&T's Greatest Hits? (Hear me out on this one). I realize that many of the songs on this album appear on Greatest Hits. However, would it be possible to put out the GH package with the even-more-discrete mixes that come from one of the unreleased versions of the Quad album? One of the unreleased mixes feature the long version of You made me so very Happy as well as the calliope/breakdown ending on Spinning Wheel. Those mixes were supposed to appear on II, but for whatever reason didn't on the Quad version.

I realize it's a bit of revisionist history, but it would balance things out. II was supposed to have long versions but didn't. GH should have the single mixes - it would just be nice to get these longer 4-channel mixes on an authentic release.

Last edited:
Although they're sort of lesser albums, it might be prudent then to ask the archive if there ever was an attempt made to make B,S&T 3 and B,S&T 4 Quad. I'd bet money they were as they both went Gold. Time has shown us that if songs appear in a Greatest Hits package, in almost every instance the album they were culled from was mixed, too!

Food for thought. It would be kind of cool to have a healthy portion of BS&T's output available in Quad, as well as remastered stereo too!

Mirror Image is a lackluster effort in my opinion, but their last one; New City had a few really rockin' tunes (Ride Captain, Ride; Got to get you into my Life) and features a static, but near flawless Quad mix.

In the meantime, don't forget the Multichannel SACDs now available from Audio Fidelity. :)

I've been keeping pace and enjoying the series. The only title I missed out on was BS&T S/T.
In the interest of continuing to support artists with new releases, I won't be trying to score it OOP, unless I find a good deal.
If anybody has an extra or if AF finds a box in a janitor closet I'd appreciate a head's up!

I've been keeping pace and enjoying the series. The only title I missed out on was BS&T S/T.
In the interest of continuing to support artists with new releases, I won't be trying to score it OOP, unless I find a good deal.
If anybody has an extra or if AF finds a box in a janitor closet I'd appreciate a head's up!

This is a pretty good price for it here: http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00PRL168M/ (Around $33 with shipping to the US, haven't found it much better than that right now)

I have learned my lesson ever since I firmly believed that the Audio Fidelity SACD of Blood, Sweat & Tears would contain the original Quad mixes to only be bitterly disappointed when a Stereo only release was announced.
Wow. I have to say I wasn't that upset by BS&T GH turning out as stereo-only, but I'm very upset that the Quad mixes are not on either of these upcoming releases.
Uh... Are you sure you guys aren't think of the Mobile Fidelity SACD? I have the Audio Fidelity SACD, and it includes the quad as transferred by Gus Skinas (a couple glitches).

Back