Blood, Sweat & Tears and Guess Who 4.0 Quad SACDs - Official Audio Fidelity Announcement

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
,my "Best of the Guess Who" and "Best of Bread " AF quads have shipped from Import Cd. They were almost ten dollars cheaper through them then Amazon. Even tho I hate to wait longer I like saving money. The savings on these two will almost pay for a third.

,my "Best of the Guess Who" and "Best of Bread " AF quads have shipped from Import Cd. They were almost ten dollars cheaper through them then Amazon. Even tho I hate to wait longer I like saving money. The savings on these two will almost pay for a third.
ImportCDs consistently has very good prices. But because they are US, shipping to Canada is high. But I've found a great workaround - ImportCDs is a Amazon.ca marketplace seller so I get their price and shipping is only $3.49. For example I just bought Hand Cannot Erase blu-ray for a total of $19.92cdn. When you convert this to US dollars it is $15.78 which is actually cheaper than the US price including Shipping and Handling - $16.12.

ImportCDs consistently has very good prices. But because they are US, shipping to Canada is high. But I've found a great workaround - ImportCDs is a Amazon.ca marketplace seller so I get their price and shipping is only $3.49. For example I just bought Hand Cannot Erase blu-ray for a total of $19.92cdn. When you convert this to US dollars it is $15.78 which is actually cheaper than the US price including Shipping and Handling - $16.12.

ImportCD's also sell on Ebay...another example is acoustic sounds...their shipping is very high(even in the US)unless you reach the free shipping threshold..BUT..they also sell on amazon and charge the standard shipping fee($3.99)..last time I tried to buy 1 sacd on acoustic the shipping was $10.50!

Well, import CDs has screwed me. Pre-ordered both of these, and they waited until the Guess Who one was out to ship......without holding a BS&T disc for me! Which is now out of stock everywhere! Why bother to pre-order? Fuck import CDs, I'll never order from them again.

Well, import CDs has screwed me. Pre-ordered both of these, and they waited until the Guess Who one was out to ship......without holding a BS&T disc for me! Which is now out of stock everywhere! Why bother to pre-order? Fuck import CDs, I'll never order from them again.

Me too! (Good thing I already had one) :)

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent order. Unfortunately, the items listed below are out of stock and are not available at this time. We apologize for your disappointment. Since this item(s) was canceled from your order, your credit card was not charged for it.

We encourage you to consider another item from our product selection and to shop with us again. If you have any questions about your order, please send an e-mail to our customer service department at: [email protected]

Qty Item # Description Price
1 1431566X BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS - BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS 21.26

Wow, that's odd. I placed my pre-order back in early December....already received my BS&T and just got an email 2 days ago that my Guess Who has shipped. So, is it literally what day you ordered whether you get bumped our not??

I got my BST disc from ImportCDs.

I ordered on 7 Dec and it shipped on 4 Feb...

It sucks that people who preordered aren't getting their discs from ImportCD's, but if it's because the disc has sold out, that can only be a good thing going forward.

Brian Moura probably has some inside insight on this, but the way it usually works with these reissue labels is that once they sign a contract to do a disc not only do they have to commit to having a certain number of discs pressed, they have to be pressed by the label they're licensing the title from and they have to pay all the fees (licensing, replication, etc.) for each disc up front, regardless if they end up selling them or not.

So let's say AF sold out their first run of the BS&T II discs - it could be they're waiting to see what the stock requests from various retailers is like before they order a second pressing. They would want to be able to guarantee the sale of as much of it as possible, rather than have to blow it out at a loss down the road in order to get it out the door before their licensing period expires.

V.Sorry to hear.. :( (but appreciate you mentioning it on the forum as I was going to cancel Bread/Guess Who/Winelight @Amazon and go with this lot instead, sounds like they're bigger schmucks than Amazon, which I didn't think was possible...

Well if you're gonna buy 3 you could get free shipping on the Acou$tic $ound$ website and have them in 3 days very nicely packaged.

Well if you're gonna buy 3 you could get free shipping on the Acou$tic $ound$ website and have them in 3 days very nicely packaged.

I wonder why Acou$tic $ound$ are alway$ the la$t $ite to have $tock... :confused:

I wonder why Acou$tic $ound$ are alway$ the la$t $ite to have $tock... :confused:

Not sure how you mean the last to have stock...I think you mean why do they still have items in stock later...the answer is they charge high prices to ship..unless you spent $89 and then the shipping is free...a single SACD costs $10.50 to ship...within the US...I wait until I have enough titles to meet the free shipping threshold...they do ship them quickly and are well packaged...

Not sure how you mean the last to have stock...I think you mean why do they still have items in stock later...the answer is they charge high prices to ship..unless you spent $89 and then the shipping is free...a single SACD costs $10.50 to ship...within the US...I wait until I have enough titles to meet the free shipping threshold...they do ship they quickly and are well packaged...
There have been a few titles that only seem to be available there.. this and also the Lori Lieberman disc as an example.

I stopped buying from them when they added a minimum purchase amount for international orders - back in about 2005.

Also - FYI - I'd possibly use Bullmoose, but I can't even load their webpage from a NZ IP address....

I had the same message from ImportCDs for the BS&T, all the others I ordered have shipped. But it does show that these discs are selling very well, which has to be a good thing for all of us.

The only problem with ordering through Acoustic Sounds or Audio Fidelity is that we pay import duty in the UK on items above about £25 and that includes the postage, so expensive discs and high postage hits us.

I've discovered that one of my favourite independent shop & websites in the UK, SpinCDs, may have some, so I've reordered through them, so its a wait and see. See http://www.spincds.com/small-source-of-comfort-44027

There have been a few titles that only seem to be available there.. this and also the Lori Lieberman disc as an example.

I stopped buying from them when they added a minimum purchase amount for international orders - back in about 2005.

Also - FYI - I'd possibly use Bullmoose, but I can't even load their webpage from a NZ IP address....

Same here from the Netherlands

The Bullmoose website won't load in the UK either.

Back