Blood, Sweat & Tears and Guess Who 4.0 Quad SACDs - Official Audio Fidelity Announcement

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There have been a few titles that only seem to be available there.. this and also the Lori Lieberman disc as an example.

I stopped buying from them when they added a minimum purchase amount for international orders - back in about 2005.

Also - FYI - I'd possibly use Bullmoose, but I can't even load their webpage from a NZ IP address....

I understand how you feel...but let's be honest...you live FAR away from these distributors...I used to do the whole "boycott" thing on principle..but I caved in when I really wanted something...as I get older I realize that tomorrow is promised to no one...you might not have a chance to do something "tomorrow"...so I try to do it now..even if it hurts my consumer "pride" sometimes...but that's just me...I usually try to save as much as I can on every hi rez release...but this time I wanted the Bread and the Guess Who discs early..so I paid more for them from acoustic sounds..

I had the same experience with ImportCDs and the BS&T disc. I pre-ordered it on December 10th, obviously a day or so too late. I'm done with them too.

I would advise anyone who had a problem with this order to simply send them an email and explain what happened...I had a problem with their website once and emailed them and they fixed the problem..OR you can be pissed off and stop buying from them and only cost yourself money in the long run...but if that floats your consumer boat...feel free to do that:)..I'm guessing they had a computer inventory problem..I had a split order with them involving the BST and Guess Who discs...put them both on the same order(to save 10%)and they shipped BST when it was available and shipped Guess Who when it became available.....all these place "screw up" sometimes...none are perfect...

[/QUOTE]Only joking! ;) I know they are a good company for you guys in the States, with a good rep. (y)[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's where I recently got a used copy of Alan Parson's Valid Path DualDisc for a whopping US $13.96 including shipping, it had a broken hinge but other than that a nice deal. Sorry, some how managed to bugger up the quote thing again.

Yep, that's where I recently got a used copy of Alan Parson's Valid Path DualDisc for a whopping US $13.96 including shipping, it had a broken hinge but other than that a nice deal. Sorry, some how managed to bugger up the quote thing again.

Wow! :yikes A great price for a great disc! (y)

Sounds great, thanks! I'll look into their Int'l shipping policy etc when I get a mo 2moro :)

I try and pick my spots on acoustic sounds...I usually have 1 or 2 discs on their site that I want and wait until I get the 3rd one to make a move...the other thing I do is take advantage of the 10% sales..when the Doors SACD's came out I bought all of them at once when a sale was going on and I only paid $26.40 each for them...that was in July of 2013..and the price of those titles have gone up...acoustic sounds is a good place to buy from...once you solve the shipping problem...

This time I wanted the Bread and the Guess Who discs early..so I paid more for them from Acoustic Sounds.

I don't know how many copies of the Audio Fidelity SACDs that Import CDs ordered. I see that Best of Bread, Best of Guess Who, Winelight and Blood Sweat & Tears are all In Stock at Acoustic Sounds. Looks like the Blood, Sweat and Tears SACD is Out of Stock at Elusive Disc and Music Direct as well.

So far, I've had nothing but good luck with Import CDs. I was able to get the ES 5.1 Christmas SACD and BS&T 1 arriving before Christmas. From same order was shipped the Quadraphonic BS&T 2 a month ago. Friday was shipped the Quadraphonic "Best of Guess Who," all from an order placed on 12-7-14 when they had the sale.

Just ordered now from them the Quadraphonic "Best of Bread." Sounds like the first run of many of these titles are selling well, which is Great for this series. I recommend hanging in there, or finding a place that has titles in stock now.

I'm in the S.O.L. basket from them (ImportCDs), Guess Who shipped on Saturday and I've seen no BS&T, despite being pre-ordered together in early December. So, I guess it's pay through the nose time now to go find the BS&T disc.

I'm in the S.O.L. basket from them (ImportCDs), Guess Who shipped on Saturday and I've seen no BS&T, despite being pre-ordered together in early December. So, I guess it's pay through the nose time now to go find the BS&T disc.

Yes, well, I was planning on paying the $29.99 price plus shipping if Import CDs did not come through at say audiofidelity.net or look around, but not wait too long. You know how it goes, and on certain past titles I still belong in the "S.O.L. Club." Free Membership! ;)

Last December I also bought from Import CDs a Bob Marley BR and now not even a page exists anymore. Gone. There still is a page for BS&T 2 with "Inventory: Ships in 5-10 Days" FWIW, but I've usually bought right away from somewhere while I still could. There is a "Notify Me When In Stock" I recommend folks use. But we've all been there, buy now or regret later - at least on important titles you know you want to collect.

I think I'm learning a lesson from all this....while I should be getting my copies of the very ones you guys have lost out on....I'm gonna think twice about waiting when I know I really want something. Only live once...so I'm told.

I think I'm learning a lesson from all this....while I should be getting my copies of the very ones you guys have lost out on....I'm gonna think twice about waiting when I know I really want something. Only live once...so I'm told.

So true.. I let The Scorpions SACD slip thru the net once and that was it, boom, never saw it for that price again :(

As Stevie Winwood would say: "While you see a chance, take it.." :D

So let's say AF sold out their first run of the BS&T II discs - it could be they're waiting to see what the stock requests from various retailers is like before they order a second pressing. They would want to be able to guarantee the sale of as much of it as possible, rather than have to blow it out at a loss down the road in order to get it out the door before their licensing period expires.

I checked and Audio Fidelity has already ordered a second pressing of the Blood, Sweat & Tears Multichannel SACD.

Not sure how long it will take for the new copies to reach the web sites. Best bet will be to grab a copy from the sites that still have it In Stock. If that doesn't work, more will be on the way.

Just a heads up: ImportCDs still shows BS&T as shipping in 5-10 days. Well, that's BS. I got my cancellation notice this morning. I placed that order on January 12th. That's 9 weeks ago. Best of the Guess Who was on that order too but I'm told it was shipped last week.

I'm quite unhappy as well as many others here regarding Import CDs and the unavailability of the Blood Sweat and Tears SACD. Last week I decided to order a second copy from Bull Moose before my order with Import CDs was cancelled. Now I am very impatiently awaiting BS&T from Bull Moose (shipped 8 days ago) and Bread, Grover Washington, and Guess Who from Import CDs (shipped yesterday).

I really don't know who's at fault here, but I think at this point Amazon would have been my best choice for getting these discs in a reasonable amount of time.

I cancelled my importCDs order, and that didn't seem to stop them from cancelling it again a few days later due to the lack of stock. I went ahead and pre-ordered the EWF one from amazon, I certainly won't make the mistake of ordering from importCDs ever again.

Back