Blood, Sweat & Tears and Guess Who 4.0 Quad SACDs - Official Audio Fidelity Announcement

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered the most recent BS&T, Guess Who and Bread discs today from ImportCDs, good prices. Just got a shipping confirm for the Bread. Hopefully the other two will also eventually ship. Reminds me of the Division Bell debacle but I ended up getting that one. So I'm cautiously optimistic.

So how long did you guys have to wait for The Guess Who? Still waiting for my copy (ordered 2 weeks ago).

So here's my story. I placed my order of Blood Sweat/Tears and Best of Guess Who on December 6th, 2014. BST shipped on Feb 6th and I received 3 days later. Guess Who just shipped March 7th, 2015 and I received notification that I should receive today, March 11th. All from Import CDs

Same thing here with CD imports. Guess Who on the way but B,S&T cancelled. So I ordered B,S&T from Bull Moose Sunday night (8th) and it came today, 11th. The number on my copy is 0891.
Phil.

So here's my story. I placed my order of Blood Sweat/Tears and Best of Guess Who on December 6th, 2014. BST shipped on Feb 6th and I received 3 days later. Guess Who just shipped March 7th, 2015 and I received notification that I should receive today, March 11th. All from Import CDs

I went to my recordshop today and he told me that there's a 50 % chance it won't be shipped at all :( .

my guess who and bread arrived today. not bad, shipped saturday got it weds.

I ordered BS&T Self Titled, Best Of The Guess Who, and Quadrophenia Blu-Ray from Acoustic Sounds on 3/9/15 and it arrived today. Free shipping. I'm quite pleased with Acoustic Sounds. BS&T 0704. BOTGW 0670.

Funny about the Best of Bread, I know most all of these songs from my youth (AM radio) but had forgotten. I've never owned any of their work in any format and am now looking forward to this one.

Import CDs are in over their head. They are cheaper by far but you pay in other ways. I ordered BS&T & Best of the Guess Who on 12th of January with a promised ship date in early February. Guess Who shipped on the 7th of March. So 9 weeks since order & just over 1 week since shipping. And it was due for delivery yesterday. Still don't have it. I ordered Rick Wakeman & Best of Bread last week (3/4). The disks were shipped 2 days later!!! 3/6 & 7. I got the Wakeman disk today. So there is hope. But this company is still showing BS&T with a 5-10 day back to stock waiting period. Yet yesterday they sent me a cancellation letter for this order. They told me the disk will most likely be retired. But not to worry because they won't charge my card. How nice. Problem is: they did charge my card on January 12th. So they had some refunding to do.I emailed & called them yesterday. I got the refund but I should not be doing that. That is their job. If they can't manage their customer accounts I doubt they can manage their stock very well at all. Enough of this BS.

Last edited:
Having been let down on the BS&T SACD from ImportCDs I ordered from a Uk independent SpinCDs but no luck, so I went to amazon.co.uk and I've one coming from Germany and only £21. Amazon uk now only listing 4 with resellers! So they are out there but getting ever scarcer.

hi guya as I was reading the posts there are 3 quadraphnic 8 tracks that I have, tom jones the body and soul of engelbert humperdink king of hearts and john lennon walls and bridges,

I would like to see those reissued on the original quad mix, since I do not have my quad 8 track player no more,these titles would be a excellent release.

huggy

I had no trouble with import CDS. I ordered Guess who, BST and tears for fears as soon as they were available and received all three in a timely manner.The price was rock bottom too....Funny though that bread is not available from them on their website but i can order from them off Amazon.

I ordered BS&T from spincds :cool: after importcds didn't get enough copies and cancelled :violin . I didn't hear anything from spincds, so a thought they couldn't get any :( . So I ordered from Grooves in Germany who posted it, and it got lost in the post, :nuke, but just had an email from spincds in Newcastle and a copy is on its way to me :bounce17 :spot

I ordered BS&T from spincds :cool: after importcds didn't get enough copies and cancelled :violin . I didn't hear anything from spincds, so a thought they couldn't get any :( . So I ordered from Grooves in Germany who posted it, and it got lost in the post, :nuke, but just had an email from spincds in Newcastle and a copy is on its way to me :bounce17 :spot

It arrived and is No 3102.

I wonder if the Elliot Scheiner connection helped bring about the Guess Who SACD..? He is credited with Engineering tracks 1-3 on the Best Of ("These Eyes", "Laughing", "Undun"). Hmm.. :)

I wonder if the Elliot Scheiner connection helped bring about the Guess Who SACD..? He is credited with Engineering tracks 1-3 on the Best Of ("These Eyes", "Laughing", "Undun"). Hmm.. :)

My guess is that he is helping in various ways...perhaps indirectly by guiding those at AF with his knowledge of the right people to contact about the right tapes...maybe the multichannel maven can elaborate...it would seem logical to utilize his various connections in the business and in some cases his intimate knowledge of the material...since he worked on some of these projects....from all the public sources we have(interviews..etc) he seems like the type that would be willing to do such things...he is 68 years old and I bet he wants to do as much as he can...while he can...

No, Elliot Scheiner was not involved in the Best of the Guess Who Multichannel SACD release.

Back