"The Sound of Music" Soundtrack to get U.S. SACD Release?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundboy

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
The big news here IMHO is not the release of The Sound if Music specifically, but the fact that Legacy is releasing an SACD domestically regardless of the title.
Hope this is a sign of things to come.

Multiple online sources are reporting a planned domestic SACD release of the soundtrack to "The Sound of Music" in March 2015. This is to coincide with the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the release of the classic film.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...dition-available-march-10-2015-300023197.html

http://theseconddisc.com/2015/01/21...ssic-soundtrack-also-comes-to-sacd-and-vinyl/

The SACD will be released through Sony's Legacy Recordings.

Very interesting. Amazon US shows the disc for $9.98 - very low cost for a Hybrid Stereo SACD. Unless this is a separate Stereo CD version.

Well there is a CD version also, so that's probably what it is.

Could be. Or it could be an SACD-only release. The news release is pretty unclear on which it is.

From what I gathered from the links I posted, the SACD (being released in conjunction with Analog Spark/Razor & Tie) is a release in additional to whatever they've planned for the CD version. The Amazon link is to a pre-order for the CD version.

Of course, I could be totally wrong.

From what I gathered from the links I posted, the SACD (being released in conjunction with Analog Spark/Razor & Tie) is a release in additional to whatever they've planned for the CD version. The Amazon link is to a pre-order for the CD version.

Of course, I could be totally wrong.

Sony Legacy says they will issue the CD with the Bonus Tracks and Razor & Tie will release the Stereo SACD & Vinyl LP. So it's Razor & Tie that's jumping into SACDs here per Sony.

Sony Legacy says they will issue the CD with the Bonus Tracks and Razor & Tie will release the Stereo SACD & Vinyl LP. So it's Razor & Tie that's jumping into SACDs here per Sony.

Hopefully Razor & Tie abandons dvd-audio and does SACD for all their future high-def releases, including ELP.

Mine shipped the other day...not from them though..

I just put in an order for it with the 10% off code at importcds and EWF was ordered too since the other one I bought from elsewhere seems to have been lost in the mail.

First picture on the web of this one.

Attachments

• new_sacds_May6th_pic2_35.jpg
    new_sacds_May6th_pic2_35.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 193
How is the Sound Quality of this SACD? Are there any dramatic improvements over other types of previous releases? Thanks.

I don't have any previous releases. I just bought this as a curiosity item.

Back