I just won a QRX-999 on ebay, now what?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyCuff

600 Club - QQ All-Star
Supposedly functional, although I know not to really expect that since it is original. At $710 I probably paid too much, but I have to think a 999 goes for more than a 9001. 131419501983 was the eBay item number. It was an impulse buy, and I am having a bit of buyers remorse, but as an investment it will likely appreciate, right? Somebody, tell me I did the right thing!

I will eventually send off for overhaul, in Oregon, I suppose...

I would not buy Quad for investment but if you want to play Quad go for it

Supposedly functional, although I know not to really expect that since it is original. At $710 I probably paid too much, but I have to think a 999 goes for more than a 9001. 131419501983 was the eBay item number. It was an impulse buy, and I am having a bit of buyers remorse, but as an investment it will likely appreciate, right? Somebody, tell me I did the right thing!

I will eventually send off for overhaul, in Oregon, I suppose...

Hi. MyCuff
I think you have done the right thing the Sansui QRX 9001 & 999 are one of the Best Quad Vintage Receiver Amps * Period* , they defiantly are getting more expensive each year goes by. Looking as a investment yes but if you get it fully restored and you hear the performance it gives. you will not sell perhaps ?
I bought a QRX 8001 on EBay a couple of years ago and sent it direct to Jim Showker ( [email protected] ) he is a member of QQ, and he fully restored it and I am 110% happy with what he had done, it sounds terrific.
I do like the cosmetic difference of the QRX 999.

QRX-999 .jpg

paying too much only comes into play if you can no longer afford to eat - and for a qrx999....i'd go hungry.

qrxrestore - for shore

w.a.r.

guys speaking about paying too much, I live in cleveland and there is a place here called pay it again sam in lakewood ohio just goggle or yahoo search

and they have a quad marantz 4400 as I thought this was too much $1 thousand 600 hundred but what they also do they repair old vintage items, but $16 was way to much. what do you all think

huggy

I love it when eBay buyers say they "won" an item. You only win it if it's free. Anyway I hope you enjoy the receiver. No idea if it was a good buy. But if you like it, it's a good buy.

I love it when eBay buyers say they "won" an item. You only win it if it's free. Anyway I hope you enjoy the receiver. No idea if it was a good buy. But if you like it, it's a good buy.

yeah....if i keep winning...im going to need a job !

Some might say that that receiver would be worth it just as an object of art and beauty to have around even if it didn't work.

Now, I would never be able to leave it like that since I know how to fix them, which, sanity wise, is not always a good thing.

:D

Doug

Back