The COMBI Button - Stereo + Multichannel DSD for a few bucks more

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Native DSD.Com is rolling out a new feature called the COMBI button that lets you buy both the Stereo & Multichannel DSD editions of an album for "just a few bucks more" than the cost of the Stereo DSD download alone.

Interesting idea. I wonder if other music download sites with Stereo and Multichannel downloads will follow?

Our newest feature at NativeDSD offers our buyers a very special deal. You can choose to purchase both the Stereo and Multichannel versions of a DSD Album as a COMBI, for just a couple of extra bucks! It's our answer to your requests for special pricing that would offer both versions of an album in DSD at a packaged discount price. We agree, the time for a COMBI deal has come.

How does it work?
You select COMBI as if it is a new set of channels and both versions (Stereo and Multichannel DSD) get added to the cart. Albums that have this option installed have a little text below it (see picture). The first label to make this function available on all titles is Channel Classics, with more labels to follow soon.

The Combi Button.png

http://www.nativedsd.com

Native DSD continues to expand the COMBI deal program. It now includes more record labels on their site including Cobra Records, Eudora Records, LAWO Classics, LSO Live (London Symphony Orchestra) and Sketti Sandwich Productions (David Elias) - along with the original labels (Channel Classics Records and Channel of China).

I would draw your attention to the two David Elias albums - The Window and Crossing - that now have COMBI pricing. Both albums feature acoustic guitarist and singer David Elias, one of our QQ Guest Thread stars. Excellent music and native DSD recordings that are now out of print on Hybrid Multichannel SACD disc.

With the COMBI deal, you can get The Window by David Elias in Multichannel DSD for $19.79 and the Stereo DSD for $18.84 - a total price of $38.63. Or you could order both the Stereo and Multichannel tracks as The Window/COMBI deal for $23.55 - a savings of $15. Nice!

Seems doubtful that Acou$tic $ound$ would follow this business model.

Seems doubtful that Acou$tic $ound$ would follow this business model.

I'm wondering how the other music download sites will respond.

Will they also offer a combination Stereo + Multichannel pricing program? It would make a lot of sense.
I haven't heard any news along those lines yet.

Back