Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bruce's. Seeger Sessions. DD 5.1

Recorded by Bob Clearmountain in studio live.DVD. Folk meets Rock.

20170419_173529.jpg

Not sure how long it's been but Beck is back, Sea Change DVD-A MLP 88.2k 24b. I continue to appreciate the concept, content and the quality of this disc. The surround is so fine as is the variety and quality of instruments and tweaks.

Listening to my work-in-progress "Ultimate Surround Playlist" and loving it! I've made a playlist of flacs containing all my favorite surround mixes/songs ripped from DVD-A's, SACDs, BD-A's, DVD-Videos, Quad Reels, movies, you name it... I've made it into the "H's" so far (going alphabetically). I've adjusted the levels on all the tracks so there are no jarring volume differences when the tracks are randomly shuffled in foobar. So far tonight I've heard:

Chicago "Happy Man"
Elton John "Burn Down The Mission"
Dire Straits "Ride Across the River"
The Cars "All Mixed Up"
Billy Joel "Scenes From An Italian Restaurant"
Grateful Dead "Uncle John's Band"
Foreigner "Starrider"
Fleetwood Mac "The Chain"
David Bowie "Starman"
Foo Fighters "Times Like These"
Chicago "Old Days"
Bryan Adams "Somebody"
Blackfield "Salt Water"
Chicago "What Else Can I Say"
Blood Sweat & Tears "Spinning Wheel"
Gentle Giant "Playing the Game"
Aerosmith "Adam's Apple" (made it on the list after some "rear channel enhancements" in Audacity)

I'm loving this! I have so many discs that I rarely listen to because there may be only a couple songs I really like; now no-one gets left out!:banana::banana::banana:

Listening to my work-in-progress "Ultimate Surround Playlist" and loving it! I've made a playlist of flacs containing all my favorite surround mixes/songs ripped from DVD-A's, SACDs, BD-A's, DVD-Videos, Quad Reels, movies, you name it... I've made it into the "H's" so far (going alphabetically). I've adjusted the levels on all the tracks so there are no jarring volume differences when the tracks are randomly shuffled in foobar. So far tonight I've heard:

Chicago "Happy Man"
Elton John "Burn Down The Mission"
Dire Straits "Ride Across the River"
The Cars "All Mixed Up"
Billy Joel "Scenes From An Italian Restaurant"
Grateful Dead "Uncle John's Band"
Foreigner "Starrider"
Fleetwood Mac "The Chain"
David Bowie "Starman"
Foo Fighters "Times Like These"
Chicago "Old Days"
Bryan Adams "Somebody"
Blackfield "Salt Water"
Chicago "What Else Can I Say"
Blood Sweat & Tears "Spinning Wheel
Gentle Giant "Playing the Game"
Aerosmith "Adam's Apple" (made it on the list after some "rear channel enhancements" in Audacity

I'm loving this! I have so many discs that I rarely listen to because there may be only a couple songs I really like; now no-
one gets left out!:banana::banana::banana:

"The Chain" F.M. and "Starman" by Bowie are both BANG ON my two favourites by each of those respective Iconic Artists.

(y)(y)

We are indeed lucky to have them in Surround-and very good surround, btw.

Richard Thompson-Live In Providence. DD 5.1

Excellent fret work by one of the top guitar maestros . The surround aint too bad, sometimes --a kinda close to" front stage" type of surround mix with some vocals etc coming in at the rears.

Lots of extended workouts from his "Old Kit Bag" disc , and he even gives us a bit of "Isrealites" fr Desmond Dekker, on the 3rd from last tune . :sun

If you liked "Old Kit.....you'll love this DVD .

Of course he does a lot of his classics as well.

20170421_192912.jpg

And "Old Kit Bag " DVDA 5.1 super mix.

20170412_174225.jpg

Was in a Zep state of mind last nite,

so from How The West Was Won-DVDA

What Is And What Should Never Be.....listen to the last 1:20 mins.!!! Page provides a surround treat.:smokin

20170421_192558.jpg

Listening to my brand new Multichannel SACD of "Frantic" by Bryan Ferry.
I still cannot believe I got one of these SACDs for such a great price!

:)

Also on last nites menu was some Alan Parsons.

Alan Parsons-A Valid Path. DualDisc DTS 5.1

Has David Gilmour on the opener, and.......John Cleese on the closing track. Excellent music and Surround by Alan.

(also Orson Welles as Well)

also a bit of "On Air" dtscd----the instrumentals are my faves.

20170421_192435.jpg20170421_192444.jpg

Also on last nites menu was some Alan Parsons.

Alan Parsons-A Valid Path. DualDisc DTS 5.1

Has David Gilmour on the opener, and.......John Cleese on the closing track. Excellent music and Surround by Alan.

(also Orson Welles as Well)

also a bit of "On Air" dtscd----the instrumentals are my faves.

View attachment 29132View attachment 29133

I've been trying to acquire both discs recently, but especially "A Valid Path". :)

Looking for A Valid Path too :)

eros_zpsr9qddodq.jpg

This one is not very exciting in terms of surround-mix - but a little Audacity-treatment with +6dB to the rears - made it a lot more interesting!

But since it was pretty loud - in reality I lowered the fronts+center with -6db.

Billy Paul - War Of The Gods (Q8)

The bass on that baby is so yummy! Love it!

Back