Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes- Magnification DVD-A... first time hearing this (for some reason I always thought this was Yes with an orchestra doing greatest hits)... anyway, great mix and fidelity, but the songs aren't really grabbing me. I kind of liked "Don't Go", though (only half way through so far)

This sum-b!tch sounds HUUUGE!!! :banana: :smokin

Stonetemplepilotscore.jpeg

Yes- Magnification DVD-A... first time hearing this (for some reason I always thought this was Yes with an orchestra doing greatest hits)... anyway, great mix and fidelity, but the songs aren't really grabbing me. I kind of liked "Don't Go", though (only half way through so far)

For me, everything you need from Magnification, plus Homeworld (one of my favorite Yes songs) is on the JVC Special Edition DVD-A.
Tail end of the disc is some live stuff from House of Blues.

Seek it out if you don't have it.

Yes - JVC Special Edition DVD-A

I have it and I don't like it.

Not the best audio ever, but not that bad. If you crank the volume and the sub, it sounds pretty danged good, and the performance is spectacular! I particularly enjoy Boz's songs. :smokin

94457_large.jpg

Mandingo III Q8 conversion... loving the music and mix; would make a great Dutton-Vocalion release... my wife asked me to turn it down (quote: "this is horrible music":()

This sounds much better, (mix wise) than the Dukes:

My all-time favorite concert video- I love the mix of solo/group material and the mix just can't be beat for a live title. It's a fun listen with or without the video- I spin a DTS conversion in my car all the time.

Fleetwood Mac - Fleetwood Mac 5.1 Dolby Digital from 2018 box set. Anyone else received theirs yet?

I'm only familiar with a few of the songs on this album, but I am enjoying listening to it very much, Bass guitar on Rhiannon very nice! on some other songs, a bit boomy (could be just me) I do like the surround mix, one oddity for me was the lead guitar in the right rear on Blue Letter only the first listen though so we'll see how things go over time.

mrg9krX.jpg

Not the best audio ever, but not that bad. If you crank the volume and the sub, it sounds pretty danged good, and the performance is spectacular! I particularly enjoy Boz's songs. :smokin

I took the wife to this tour, we saw some great Boz shows in the mid-70s at his pre-disco blue-eyed soul peak.

Had me bouncing in my seat, the lady on the other side of me asked:
"Could you PLEASE not GYRATE so much?" :banana:

On my wish list.

Al Di Meola - Flesh on Flesh - SACD 5.1 (y)

I haven't really thought about Al since my laser disc days....that was my "jazz period"...you might want to try this one..if you don't already have it...I don't own it but have heard it's pretty good...it's multichannel and affordable right now...there is no poll for Flesh on Flesh...but there is one for this one

Back