Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Schumann - Symphonies No. 1 & 3 SACD (Inbal/Philharmonia Orchestra/Pentatone)... I think someone here recommended this one... THANK YOU to whoever did! These Symphonies are fantastic and have some nice (possibly discrete?) activity in the surrounds... definitely a very wide, enveloping sound stage. This music is instantly enjoyable... Schumann seems to have a style of repeating phrases and melodies which makes them more memorable; these melodies get stuck in your head. This is another favorite as I delve deeper into the underworld of hoity toity classical surround. 6 out of the 9 tracks are making my "classical surround" playlist.

Seal- Best 1991-2004....some people are critical of the way Bob Ludwig masters some of the surround titles...but he did a superb job on this one...I love this DVD...I could listen to CRAZY all day long....love...love..love that song..and Kiss From a Rose...another awesome song:)

(y)(y)(y)
And the acoustic album beats the original album, if you ask me. This one is easily in my top 10 high rez 5.1-discs.

A little change of pace for me this morning...Little Feat-Kickin' it at the Barn

Not the greatest surround title for such a stellar band, but it surprises me from time to time.(y)

Would be a smart move if Rhino released the 2 witheld 5.1 mixes of "Dixie Chicken" and "Waiting For Columbus " , but then any early "Feat " albums would be appreciated .

And now a little quad via Jackson.

Jackson Browne-Late For The Sky

A Classic Asylum Quad mix of a very good album.(conversion, though)

20170922_194604.jpg

Not the greatest surround title for such a stellar band, but it surprises me from time to time.(y)

Would be a smart move if Rhino released the 2 witheld 5.1 mixes of "Dixie Chicken" and "Waiting For Columbus " , but then any early "Feat " albums would be appreciated .

I can understand what you saying about the surround.....it's not aggressive...but I think it fits the music...I really like this disc....fidelity is excellent....sounds warm and inviting to me..

Richard Thompson-Providence. DVD DD 5.1

although only DD , this is a well recorded live set . Most of the "Old Kit Bag " songs are lengthened with guitar solos and the surround is not bad at all.

20171016_183311.jpg

Back