Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah.. it SUCKS.. don't know when you started to get MCH releases, but even someone like me , who started in 2008, there are still a LOT od discs that I missed the "window of opportunity"!!! but I was lucky enough to find a few on places like jpc.de (both Al Dimeola SACDs for 13 EUR each and Pat Metheny's Imaginary Day for 18 Eur.. WOW!!!), hmv.co.jp (both Foreigner DVD-As for 25 EUR each and Billy Cobham's Spectrum DVD-A for 30 EUR), etc.
Many titles were already ridiculously expensive...!!!

Although, I picked up a few DVD-A’s (Dire Straits, The Eagles, Faith Hill, Fleetwood Mac, Queen) in the beginning starting in 2001, it wasn’t until around 2007 that I started to acquire more surround titles. I passed on some (like the first few Depeche Mode and Genesis titles as an example) that I kinda wished I had now. Hopefully, the Foreigner and other titles will see a re-release. :)

ooh now i just knew there was a Silverline DVD-A which credited Ken Caillat with mixing the 5.1..
well its a co-credit with one Claus Trelby to be exact..
and here it is! (now don't all go mad at once ya hear! :D )

Listening to now (in surround) -- so YOU don't have to.! ;) :ugham:

Bird3..

IpidP2H.jpeg

Jf4pF8V.jpeg

This isn't too crazy- https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/152919887190

I think if you keep playing the waiting game a cheaper one will probably pop up. I paid like $25 for mine a few years ago.

4 is the better mix IMO and usually the harder one to get.

I saw that along with some others and Foreigner 4. A few months ago, I would’ve jumped but the past few months have been a financial burden and the near future doesn’t look that much better. So, unless I really, really want a title and can’t live without it, I need to be conservative in my spending.

ooh now i just knew there was a Silverline DVD-A which credited Ken Caillat with mixing the 5.1..

Bird3..

IpidP2H.jpeg

Jf4pF8V.jpeg

I almost choked when I read this "stunning 6 channel surround sound"...Silverline and stunning should never be used in the same sentence:ugham:

Bird3..

IpidP2H.jpeg

Jf4pF8V.jpeg

So, never heard of them....but a quick observation...

Guy on the left looks like the dude on the cover of MAD magazine...or a cross between MAD guy and Sylvester Stallone.
Guy in the middle looks like Sean Penn
Guy on the right looks like Syd Barrett

:violin That would be a pretty damn weird band I guess.

Tropical Campfires - Mike Nesmith (Dolby Surround CD) perfect for a Sunday morning with a cuppa coffee and a muffin :p :smokin the surround effect thru Dolby PLII Music is really nice :banana:

Adam, I'm trying to track this album down in Dolby Surround but so far only came up with this AmazonUS listing [1994 release] which omits the Dolby Surround sticker. When was your copy released? https://www.amazon.com/Tropical-Cam...&keywords=Michael+Nesmith:+Tropical+Campire's

this one is marked 1992, Ralph. Pacific Arts PAAD-5000, barcode = 075051500021 (ISBN 1-56111-224-0)
0rnEjYX.jpeg

Hey Ralph, according to the Wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropical_Campfires
All versions of this album were released encoded in the Dolby Digital Pro-Logic surround sound format. It can be decoded into surround sound using any Pro-Logic multichannel receiver. Looks like this is on my TO ORDER LIST! :music

Hey Ralph, according to the Wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tropical_Campfires
All versions of this album were released encoded in the Dolby Digital Pro-Logic surround sound format. It can be decoded into surround sound using any Pro-Logic multichannel receiver. Looks like this is on my TO ORDER LIST! :music

Thanks Ed for the clarification. Also on my to buy list.

So, never heard of them....but a quick observation...

Guy on the left looks like the dude on the cover of MAD magazine...or a cross between MAD guy and Sylvester Stallone.
Guy in the middle looks like Sean Penn
Guy on the right looks like Syd Barrett

:violin That would be a pretty damn weird band I guess.

Alfred E. Neuman...how I remember seeing that face on the cover...that one eye being lower than the other really freaked me out:yikes

Great minds think alike (Fools never Differ) Just finished listening to Opeth - Pale Communion 5.1 Blu-ray, love the track Faith in Others.

Now listening to Mike Oldfield - Return to Ommadawn 5.1 DTS DVDV

Great minds think alike (Fools never Differ) Just finished listening to Opeth - Pale Communion 5.1 Blu-ray, love the track Faith in Others.

Now listening to Mike Oldfield - Return to Ommadawn 5.1 DTS DVDV

Faith in Others is a favourite of mine too - great song.

Tropical Campfires - Mike Nesmith (Dolby Surround CD)

perfect for a Sunday morning with a cuppa coffee and a muffin :p :smokin

the surround effect thru Dolby PLII Music is really nice :banana:

Oh say Frederico ,You don't have his other dolby cd ... do you ?

Kinda curious what that sounds like as well. :D

The Quadio box set is definitely on my list .

But in the meantime I make do with these 2 copies.

FWIW ...I think Chicago -CTA , 2 , and VII are their top notch quads :smokin ..Still got the quad discs , too.

Chicago -2 blu-ray and Chicago IX Greatest blu-ray QUADRADISC Edition .

(Geez...Columbia Quadradiscs ???? Who'd a thought this could have occurred. ?....just amazingly unpredictable )

20180210_183002.jpg20180210_183324.jpg

Talking Heads-Remain In Light from the brick.......Speaking In Tongues also from the brick

Last edited:
Sibelius Symphonies Nos 1-7 + Kullervo + The Oceanides + Pohjola's Daughter, Sir Colin Davis / LSO.
album number: LSO0675
This single Blu-ray pure audio disc contains 5 hours and 32 minutes of music. The Blu-ray sounds fabulous. The album also contains the same selections on 5 SACD discs.

Back