Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks as if everyone been on a Rush kick lately, so listened to this,

Rush-Snakes And Arrows DD 5.1 (weird that.....we used to call that game snakes and ladders, don't know where Rush came up with that ?)

The "Archer Van " photo :

20171019_151900.jpg

and the Atlantic Records MVI cover,

20171019_151956.jpg

I STILL don't get the "mashups"...and trust me, I've been trying for YEARS now...but my "Moral Majority" sez it's a MORTAL SIN (I really don't pay attention to it, though)..now..the songs are REALLY SOMETHING!!!!(pun not intended)

I approach it as being different. Not, better or worse. In this way, I can enjoy the LOVE mash-up as well as the original songs. :)

Speaking of Mash, isn’t it time for the Monster Mash? ?

Seal- Best 1991-2004....some people are critical of the way Bob Ludwig masters some of the surround titles...but he did a superb job on this one...I love this DVD...I could listen to CRAZY all day long....love...love..love that song..and Kiss From a Rose...another awesome song:)

Djabe & Steve Hackett - Life Is A Journey (DVD) very enjoyable. Music goes from pretty jazzy to pretty rocky. Sound quality and surround mix very good. I think Barabás Tamás is an excellent surround mix engineer, as is proven by the other Djabe releases as well. Highly recommended.

Seal- Best 1991-2004....some people are critical of the way Bob Ludwig masters some of the surround titles...but he did a superb job on this one...I love this DVD...I could listen to CRAZY all day long....love...love..love that song..and Kiss From a Rose...another awesome song:)

I especially love the acoustic surround versions of these two songs... very discrete surround activity.

I just bought the current BluRay. Xanadu and Cygnus X-1 are the stars for me.

It's already very good. I'm hoping SW can tweak out a bit more transparency in the more complex sections. He's really good at that :)

I can't wait to hear this group's take on the new SW mix. I may have to suck it up and buy...my ears are hopeful, my already-depleted wallet is not. :mad:@::mad:@:

Rush "A Farewell To Kings" DVD-A- Xanadu sounds so good in surround... I wonder how much Steven Wilson can improve on this mix? Can't wait to find out!

Porcupine Tree - Fear Of A Blank Planet DVD-A... FINALLY cracking this one open... had it for 2 years and never listened. This is EXCELLENT! I wish Alex Lifeson's guitar solos sounded this good on Rush's later albums... crisp and clear... loving this music and mix(y)

So far, liking it better than Deadwing, but less than In Absentia...

I haven't heard those songs for a LONG TIME...geeze....Rock & Roll Hoo chee koo:spot...love the guitar in that song(y)

haha! hoo chee koo to you too! :D

its a real gem imho, very much of its time but it has this timeless feel somehow.. the artist pulls out all the stops to show off his virtuosity, its kinda all over the shop stylistically as a result.. but its got such energy and momentum even the slower numbers are still fun in a weird way!

hope beyond hope this gets a modern day surround reissue someday soon.. its long overdue a 2nd coming or a 3rd coming.. or whichever coming is coming so long as its coming soon hoo chee koo! :p

its a real gem imho, very much of its time but it has this timeless feel somehow.. the artist pulls out all the stops to show off his virtuosity, its kinda all over the shop stylistically as a result.. but its got such energy and momentum even the slower numbers are still fun in a weird way!

hope beyond hope this gets a modern day surround reissue someday soon.. its long overdue a 2nd coming or a 3rd coming.. or whichever coming is coming so long as its coming soon hoo chee koo! :p

I still remember these lyrics..."the way they wiggle that thing, it really knocks me out....I'm getting high all the time, hope ya'll are too....come on a little closer, gonna do it to you"

Adam, maybe if you 'whisper' in Michael Dutton's ear he'll consider releasing All American Boy as a QUAD SACD.

Can't hurt to try. :)

Adam, maybe if you 'whisper' in Michael Dutton's ear he'll consider releasing All American Boy as a QUAD SACD.

Can't hurt to try. :)

seems doubtful DV'd get the rights Ralphie, Cherry Red did a boxset in the past year of his solo albums from 73-80 including the 2 albums that saw Quad release.. the airport giveth the airport taketh away.. :(

oh well..

"un-com-pli-ca-ted! woo! get down! un-com-pli-ca-ted... owwwww!!! rock on! rock on! rock onnnn!!!"

:banana:

seems doubtful DV'd get the rights Ralphie, Cherry Red did a boxset in the past year of his solo albums from 73-80 including the 2 albums that saw Quad release.. the airport giveth the airport taketh away.. :(

oh well..

"un-com-pli-ca-ted! woo! get down! un-com-pli-ca-ted... owwwww!!! rock on! rock on! rock onnnn!!!"

:banana:

What a missed opportunity, Adam.

But isn't QUADBLOCKED more of an American phenomenon than a British one? Seems the licensing agreements are different in the UK than they are in the good ole [and getting older] U S of A.:yikes

What a missed opportunity, Adam.

But isn't QUADBLOCKED more of an American phenomenon than a British one? Seems the licensing agreements are different in the UK than they are in the good ole [and getting older] U S of A.:yikes

could be.. after DV did that Return To Forever SACD, just maybe anything is possible where they are concerned who knows?!
maybe I'll have an All American Boy SACD under my tree this Christmas! :p

Back