Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nickelback
yMwMw51.jpg

8AMUCGC.jpg

Listened to Foreigner 4 DVD-A earlier...love the bonus version of Waiting for a Girl Like You

Just finished Ten Years After-A Space In Time 1973 Quad Mix DVD....Alvin Lee was such a talent...if he would have had a talented songwriter he would have been a mega star..if you AREN'T a DTS HATER....you can still buy this title which comes with an LP and the DVD..it offers minimalist packaging(they slip the DVD inside the LP) HERE

I bought this disc for just this song....it's one of my all time favorites..

[video=youtube;ZyaFeDlJJAk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyaFeDlJJAk[/video]

Last edited:
My newly acquired (new, unopened) copy of Roxy Music - Avalon (SACD)

Yeah, I've heard it before...but somehow....since I now own a hard/copy...it sounds better. Hee! The case and disc look perfect. :) I guess $89 is OK to spend at this point...considering the smile I have on my face. :):):):)

I'm so proud of you...you have come a LONG way in the spending department:cool:

Songs From The Wood. I was named after Ian Anderson, so I know Tull quite well, but SFTW is the album I know and like the most. Now even better. Hunting Girl!

Thanks to a very generous fellow QQ member, I've heard "I'd Love to Change the World" in quad. It's a personal top-10 all time favorite.

I didn't realize the whole album was available on DVD! I pulled the trigger on one of those Discogs offers.

Any other late 60's/early 70's quad out there, of a similar vein?

I have multi's from David Crosby and Graham Nash. "Hippie Rock" is what I think of, but there's probably a better name.

Thanks,
Steve

Listened to Foreigner 4 DVD-A earlier...love the bonus version of Waiting for a Girl Like You

Just finished Ten Years After-A Space In Time 1973 Quad Mix DVD....Alvin Lee was such a talent...if he would had a talented songwriter he would have been a mega star..if you AREN'T a DTS HATER....you can still buy this title which comes with an LP and the DVD..it offers minimalist packaging(they slip the DVD inside the LP) HERE

I bought this disc for just this song....it's one of my all time favorites..

[video=youtube;ZyaFeDlJJAk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyaFeDlJJAk[/video]

Thanks to a very generous fellow QQ member, I've heard "I'd Love to Change the World" in quad. It's a personal top-10 all time favorite.

I didn't realize the whole album was available on DVD! I pulled the trigger on one of those Discogs offers.

I have multi's from David Crosby and Graham Nash. "Hippie Rock" is what I think of, but there's probably a better name.

Thanks,
Steve

Check with fizzywigs41...I'm sure he could direct you to some of those quads:banana:

Thanks,
Steve

Why yes, yes there are. :sun

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?22991-QUAD-amp-RE-QUADS-LISTINGS

But corrections are : only Mike Oldfield -Tubular Bells is quad the other Oldfield's are not extrapolations , and "B.K.S.-Supersession"

is an entirely new 5.1 mix.

Jeff Beck - Blow by Blow - SACD 4.0 - Analog Productions 2016
Fixed it for you.;)

I just threw this on and temporarily disconnected my front speakers, just to glory in how much drum and bass are mixed in the rears.

Oh dang! It's so modern-sounding that I thought 5.1! I didn't have the screen on and my receiver sees 6 channels. 2 are probably silenced for compatibility or something like that.

Wow! The song called "Detonation" from To The Bone is wild....I love it....very experimental in nature and sort of a flowing jam...some funk....and other crazy sounds. Turn that one up for sure. :)

Back