Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Evanescence Synthesis. Somewhat disappointed. The instrumentation has good dynamics. Lee has a tremendous voice. You can tell she has great feeling for the music. Unfortunately her vocal track is nearly ruined by compression. Too loud and extremely flat in comparison with the instrumentation. Best track is My Imortal.

2D9FB6A3-6746-4FF1-825A-F0C3C003B63C.jpeg

Roger Waters - Amused To Death BD-A... this is a great listen... if "The Wall" was released in surround with a similar mix by Guthrie, I'd be perfectly happy:)

Pink Floyd - "Echoes"... what a treat. I feel sad for all the people in the world who have never heard Pink Floyd in surround sound (and for those who have, but just don't "get it"!)

Home for the holidays with my family and surround system!

Now listening: AIX All Stars: Surround by Christmas DVD-A 96/24 5.1

Mike, I was thinking the same thing as Sean's reply, I would have thought Rush-AFTK would be your first listen.
Let us know what you think.
Glad your home again,even though I am Canadian, thanks for your service you do.

Thanks guys! I hope to spin Rush really soon! I'm a glutton for punishment, so I'm in a college class right now. I have a paper due tomorrow, but also Mum's wedding, so I'm trying to finish it tonight. I don't want to listen to AFtK while I'm stressed-out. I'd rather celebrate when this paper is done!

REM Out of Time: 3 RBCDs/1 BD~A/V with 8 music videos in 5.1. 25th Anniversary hardbound edition!

What a SET........beautifully packaged and the LIVE RBCD of their performance at Mountain Stage is incredible. I've had no time to compare it to the already incredible MLP DVD~A 5.1 but for $31 delivered from the UK [I preordered it back in November] I consider it quite the bargain.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED [but the price has increased].

Addenda: Cannot believe what AmazonUS is charging for this same UK edition: https://www.amazon.com/Out-Time-25t...words=rem+out+of+time+25th+anniversary+deluxe

Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - The Live Anthology (BDA) I like the flow of this one. It sounds as if it's one big show, but is recorded on many different occasions in different years.

Best find in a while: Lou Reed at Montreux 2000 mixed by 2 of Queens audio Engineers, Justin Shirley-Smith and David Richards. Justin started his career at Mountain Studios in 1984 as assistant to David Richards - and then progressed to recording engineer for many artists including Chris Rea, David Bowie, Freddie Mercury, Queen, Robert Plant, Roger Taylor and Tin Machine. This included working on the original Queen album sessions for ‘The Miracle’, ‘Innuendo’ and ‘Made In Heaven’ albums - plus solo sessions such as ‘Strange Frontier’, ‘Shove It’, ‘Mad Bad and Dangerous To Know’ and ‘Barcelona’. From 1991, Justin has been working in UK almost exclusively for Brian May and Queen as their senior engineer/co-producer on Brian’s solo work and numerous Queen projects.

As a surround mix it is powerful, outstanding and riveting. There was nothing I could put on afterwards to come close to the sonic heaven I enjoyed. I am going to read now. Hope you can hear that drum kit spread across the rears. A 10+++

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got this after Your excellent review - and I agree, this concert on blu ray sounds great, both fidelty and surround mix. Great show.

Edit: Those drums are awesome sounding!

Back