Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And gave this GENESIS disc a spin.

Genesis-Duke cd/dvd dts 96/24. I like what they do with the last 2 tunes .

20170617_172316.jpg

IMO, JOSHUA JUDGES RUTH is one of the FINEST treasures in DTS Entertainment's RBCD 5.1 releases. It sounds like a bona fide DVD~A on my system with every parameter of that format's strengths evident in SPADES including a PLUPERFECT discrete surround mix as fine as any I've heard.

And the music is absolutely FIRST RATE!

BTW, one Amazon vendor is currently selling this disc brand new for over $6,500.00 :yikes https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-lis...r?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1497813714&sr=8-4

A MUCH more canny purchasing option for under $50, brand new: http://www.5point1.com/search.cgi?k...ruth&Click+to+Search.x=9&Click+to+Search.y=10

Steve Hackett - The Night Siren... Ok, I've heard 3 Hackett albums in my life, all of them today, and this was is by far the best musically. Fidelity is a little dull, but definitely listenable. Good Mix. (The other 2 albums were Spectral Mornings and Please Don't Touch... both better mixes and fidelity, but not as great musically (for me)... standout tracks were "Every Day" and "Carry On Up The Vicarage"). Everything is standing out on "Night Siren"!

Steve Hackett - The Night Siren... Ok, I've heard 3 Hackett albums in my life, all of them today, and this was is by far the best musically. Fidelity is a little dull, but definitely listenable. Good Mix. (The other 2 albums were Spectral Mornings and Please Don't Touch... both better mixes and fidelity, but not as great musically (for me)... standout tracks were "Every Day" and "Carry On Up The Vicarage"). Everything is standing out on "Night Siren"!

Well now I gotta get me this disc I suppose . :rolleyes:

IMO, JOSHUA JUDGES RUTH is one of the FINEST treasures in DTS Entertainment's RBCD 5.1 releases. It sounds like a bona fide DVD~A on my system with every parameter of that format's strengths evident in SPADES including a PLUPERFECT discrete surround mix as fine as any I've heard.

And the music is absolutely FIRST RATE!

BTW, one Amazon vendor is currently selling this disc brand new for over $6,500.00 :yikes https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-lis...r?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1497813714&sr=8-4

A MUCH more canny purchasing option for under $50, brand new: http://www.5point1.com/search.cgi?k...ruth&Click+to+Search.x=9&Click+to+Search.y=10

Although I don't have this particular title per se , I miss that label very much . I have quite a few DTS CD'S and like the vast majority of what was issued.
I so wish another small (or large) record label would pick up where they left off and start issuing DTS CD once again . It's gotta be cheaper ? As production goes anyways .

Let it rain DTS CD'S once more !

Gong - Rejoice! I'm Dead...DVD-Audio

This is an under the radar release that some here may not be familiar with or were unaware of it's recent availability.

In a word...excellent. Think of it as a poppier King Crimson....

Its very discreet and makes great use of the rear channels..

Anyone else think that Terry Kath's vocals on 'Wishing You Were Here' sounds conspicuously like Alan Parsons Project (or vice versa) or even Floyd just a little bit?

Steve Hackett "The Night Siren" 5.1 - I love it when progressive rock ROCKS! I must confess, I've been listening to a 5.1 rip of this that someone shared... but it's so good, I ordered the CD/BD-A combo! (about $15 amazon USA).

Good call, man. Very worthy release. I found it local. Very happy listener.

Some cool surround stuff too... "In The Skeleton Gallery" has a very cool panning effect where a large group marching (skeletons?) comes from behind the left rear channel and marches clockwise around the room into the disctance behind the right rear:smokin Just the perfect amount of surround gimmicks on this release (I love it!)

Back