Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave Mason the 1974 Dave Mason album, I believe was a Quad conversion, plays as Quad and sounds Quad but I don't remember no details and I gots no info on it, but it sounds great.

View attachment 29712

nice! one of my favourites from the last couple of years of Quad discovery from SQ LPs (all 3 Dave Mason Quads are great but this is the highlight for me musically and mixwise its superb) :upthumb

5.1 locked in the boxset. I've heard the mix and it's ok, but was mastered very, very loud. IMO, I wouldn't pay a bundle of the OOP set.
IMO, it's also not Muse's strongest album. I'd say that is Absolution or Black Holes & Revelations. YMMV, of course.

OK, gotcha. I like Muse a lot...they are outstanding live. I see lots on discogs for "around" US $35-65...mostly out of country, so shipping would be significant I suppose. Some used, some sealed.

OK, gotcha. I like Muse a lot...they are outstanding live. I see lots on discogs for "around" US $35-65...mostly out of country, so shipping would be significant I suppose. Some used, some sealed.

you have to be careful and make sure its the right box set of The Resistance, Gene. only a limited number had the 5.1 DVD-V (DTS), the more common incarnation of the box (which I'm pretty sure from outward appearances looks v.similar?) does not include the 5.1 mix of the album.

edit: this is the one you want..

https://www.discogs.com/Muse-The-Resistance/release/4318500

These are the first 5000 of this boxset to be produced, and were pre-ordered by fans before the release of the album.
This box set is numbered and includes a 5.1 surround sound audio DVD. The latter unnumbered box sets are referred to as "deluxe" and do not contain the 5.1 DVD.

*This limited issue DVD also contains the full length version of "Unnatural Selection" which has and extra guitar solo after the intro of the song.

Warner released some copies over the 5000 mark to replace copies that were lost and damaged in the post.

Careful with that trigger, I'm afraid that the bundle with the 5.1 is still bloody expensive and can be easily confused with other versions with DVD, but sans the MC mix (comes with a 'making of' only).

Huh?? What box set...what 5.1? I didn't know about this one...

Believe it or not I just this moment purchased a new copy of the boxset on EBAY for $33.98 shipped, only have the 5.1 file I got from a friend and whenever looked for it it was always more than I wanted to pay, now the file and burned disc will be my backup (y)
This may not be their best but it is the only one I have ever heard (...and the only one in 5.1? I think) and for me it sounds just fine and dandy!

Careful with that trigger, I'm afraid that the bundle with the 5.1 is still bloody expensive and can be easily confused with other versions with DVD, but sans the MC mix (comes with a 'making of' only).

Yep all true, though EBAY has been good to me no mishaps over the years (fingers crossed) all the numbers and descriptions on the one I bought lineup so I hope it is the right one for the price, all the rest ran from $61 to $169.

Should know Monday.

Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral (FLAC 5.1)

Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral.jpg

Starting off this morning with a long one "ELP - Welcome Back, My Friends, to the Show That Never Ends"

Ahh well this afternoon after listening to Magenta - We Are Legend I put on ELP - Brain Salad Surgery then Tarkus both ELP have an eclectic bunch of songs symphonic-ish, quirky and comic (e.g. Benny the Bouncer and Jeremy Bender) the BSS surround mix is OK but I prefer the Tarkus, a really smashing sound on that one.

Wow I thought everybody had forgotten that band! They were a band from the next town, so they knew various friends in other well known bands, met Jenny Hann and if my memory serves me after all those interveening years even I was taller! I hadn't realised they had a Quad album, but only ever released on 8-track by the looks of it.

And now little obscure music but good none the less Babe Ruth - Babe Ruth Quad 8 to DVDA-V conversion, always liked this album wish there were more Babe Ruths in surround..

Ahh well this afternoon after listening to Magenta - We Are Legend I put on ELP - Brain Salad Surgery then Tarkus both ELP have an eclectic bunch of songs symphonic-ish, quirky and comic (e.g. Benny the Bouncer and Jeremy Bender) the BSS surround mix is OK but I prefer the Tarkus, a really smashing sound on that one.

All excellent choices, it never hurts to ELP and of course Magenta is lovley colour. Oh and as a quirky side note for you since I noticed you were in Wales did you know there once was a District of Delyn in Wales and my name is Delyn, coincidence? Yeah I think so too, at any rate they apparently abolished it in 1996 at only 22 yrs old, fortunately I am still going strong!

Wow I thought everybody had forgotten that band! They were a band from the next town, so they knew various friends in other well known bands, met Jenny Hann and if my memory serves me after all those interveening years even I was taller! I hadn't realised they had a Quad album, but only ever released on 8-track by the looks of it.

Great band for sure one of the first hard rockin' bands with a female lead vocalist in Hann I was aware of, predated Heart's Dreamboat Annie by a year I believe. Good Stuff!

Anthony Phillips "Slow Dance" DVD-V So, I've listened to Part 1, I've put my ear against my rear speakers, and I've listened to and looked at the isolated rear channels in Audacity. I still can't tell if there's anything in the rear channels that isn't also in the fronts... which is too bad, because the music, while very mellow, is beautiful and has so many elements that could have been used for a great surround experience. Sadly, my days of automatically pre-ordering Anthony's discs have come to an end.

Finally purchased and received this title. I honestly don't know what took me so long to buy it. And, first time listener! I love it...quirky, new sounding King Crimson. Sweet...

Three of a Perfect Pair.

Back