Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a set with DVD-V/DVD-A.Listened a little to them,and it's the same discrete mix on both.The DVD-A sounds a lot better of course.I have the HD-DVD too,but I'm not able to play it at the moment,but I think it's the same mix.

I'll try to do a proper comparison of both the old and new Blu-Rays of Roy Orbison very soon, but in the meantime, I'm listening to another new release I just purchased "Steve Hackett: The Total Experience - Live in Liverpool"

:)

Anthony Phillips The Geese and the Ghost DVD-A MLP 48k 24b: So good and such attention to detail, a rewarding listen.

Roy Orbison- Black & White Night (The Elliot Scheiner Mix)- Wow!!! This mix is a revelation; Beautifully discrete and balanced. Really love it... thank you to the QQer's who helped me find this!

Gotta love this place, thanks to this I had an eye on this and yesterday a seller had it for $15 on discogs, snatched it right away, despite the shipment is almost as much as the disc itself. Thank you guys!

Good for you!! Tell us what you think of it!

On my system - it's in the top 5 of my most sweet sounding discs.

Rita!

Rita_zpsn2b2xzvu.jpg

With "Stage" mix perspective chosen :smokin

Jackie Leven, Shining Brother Shining Sister. This is fantastic music on a Dual Disc, Advanced Resolution, 5.1, 24/48. Now i must admit, barely is it surround, full front, center, right/left, the two rears are some what ambient but little discrete images come through now and then, fantastic music, sometimes sounds like Boz Scaggs and sometimes like Mumford and Sons. Lots of intersting lyrics and notes on liner notes. Two Live videos and computer extras. Big bang for your buck, but the music has to be good, and it is.
51rCBe4KujL._SY180_.jpg

Listening to selections from "Wind & Wuthering" (by Genesis) from the DTS 96/24 DVD-V disc.
(I normally don't play the Genesis DVDs, preferring the SACDs, but since I wanted to watch the new interview, I made an exception…) ;)

Alan Parsons Project - LPCM 5.1 of Tales Of Mystery... about as good as I hoped for.

Blackfield V

Pretty nice overall. I admit, it doesn't totally win me over. Maybe I just need to turn it up...like really loud.

OK, I'm pretty shocked how "meh" I feel about the songs. But, just when I didn't care for too many of them.....I hear "Lonely Soul"
Wow, I love that one. Funny thing is, it's about as far from sounding like Blackfield than anything I've heard. I dig it, sounds awesome and a cool vibe to it. :):)

Listening to selections from "Wind & Wuthering" (by Genesis) from the DTS 96/24 DVD-V disc.
(I normally don't play the Genesis DVDs, preferring the SACDs, but since I wanted to watch the new interview, I made an exception…) ;)

Please tell me you listened to 'In That Quiet Earth' if just checking out selections. For my tastes, it's one of the last truly bad-ass proggy/fusiony tracks that they did on their way to evolving into more pop sensibilities.

By the way, do you ever sleep or work? You seem to always be on here when I check in. :D

Back