Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
461_zpsczoxars1.jpg

:smokin

cotton_zpsakn07k4r.jpg

Great country rock by Paul Cotton from Poco :smokin

Thanks a bunch for the recommendation. Pretty amazing album, especially in DTS 5.1. Every track is awesome with some very tasty melodies and guitar work. A solid 9 from me!

Surprised there's NO poll for this gem!

The Flaming Lips ‎– Zaireeka

This is actually very good. I was expecting it to be a mess but I'm really enjoying it. I can only imagine how track #2 must sound with a subwoofer.

Thanks Jive Bunny for the Master Mix! :)

The Flaming Lips ‎– Zaireeka

This is actually very good. I was expecting it to be a mess but I'm really enjoying it. I can only imagine how track #2 must sound with a subwoofer.

Thanks Jive Bunny for the Master Mix! :)

The extreme high frequencies in track 6 are a bit intense. Don't play that one with your dog or cat in the area. Seriously. Ouch! :mad:@:

:banana:Oh boy this is gonna be one hell of a day:banana:
just listened to Magenta - We Are Legend and now Kompendium - Beneath the Waves

The postman just delivered Ayreon - The Source 4CD DVD:music:sun:music

and not in surround but wish they where: Big Big Train - Grimspound, Lonely Robot - The Big Dream and Gorillaz - Humanz

And tonight I'm off to Cardiff to see Steve Hackett:banana: where I'm on the guest list:mad:@: courtesy of Mr. Nick Beggs;) (and Seeing Hackett again:yikes next Thursday in Bristol.)

quadro_zpsc8bkobt4.jpg

JB HiFi delivered the goods again - fast delivery this time, they still have this in stock - at "normal" retail price.

Thanks for the tip Pointy Eared One. Anyway, listening to the 2 Barclay James Harvest sets from last year which just arrived, and a late bloomer in getting "Sparkle In The Rain" for cheap. Yeah, I liked Simple Minds. :banana:

Talking Heads - More Songs About Buildings And Food (DVD-A MLP 5.1) (y)
This is my first TH album, I'm just starting to discover their discography. Bought it mainly because of high ratings at surround polls and I must say I agree with these ratings. Thinking of to get some more TH DVD-A titles.;)

Archie Shepp ‎– Attica Blues (QS encoded CD)

This is far from a discrete affair, but the music delivers quite a punch and I enjoy the result as it is.

R-2268520-1290884820.jpeg.jpg

Comparing Steven Wilson's mix of Jethro Tull's "Aqualung" tonight (Blu-ray 24x96 vs. DTS 24x96 from DVD)... I think the Blu-ray sounds better... it's slightly louder (but no audible clipping), but more importantly has more "punch" (deeper bass?) and clarity... but unfortunately it also has that annoying glitch in "Cross-Eyed Mary". So I isolated the .05 second section with the glitch and replaced that section of my blu-ray rip with the same section from my DTS rip... perfect match and undetectable (to my ears). Now the Blu-ray (rip) will be my go to... sounds so good CRANKED!!

Back