Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Archie Shepp ‎– Attica Blues (QS encoded CD)

This is far from a discrete affair, but the music delivers quite a punch and I enjoy the result as it is.

View attachment 29182

not threadcrapping (postcrapping?) and I'm sure musically it's a gem.. but personally given up on these Impulse QS records, the surround experience is not worth the outlay (to me).. ditto on the Ovation LPs, won't be getting any more of those either.. it's a shame there's so little worthwhile quad on the format since QS decodes so well thru the Surround Master :)

Bryan Ferry, Frantic, hybrid multichannel SACD. Finally something new and discrete after the failure of Lotus.

it's great surround isn't it! I was checking out the 6 individual track/stem things of this one the other day (some people have a life, or take up knitting..) and there's some really cool stuff going on in there, lots of effects that were buried or non-existent in the Stereo and very creative/clever use of the centre channel.

Listening to now.. Joe Walsh's Players You Smoke The Drunker You Get (or whatever it's called).. speaking of underwhelming QS records, this one's got a great, active mix! :banana:

PS. Is there a Mod in the house?
Help!!
I can't post on the Lori Lieberman thread (says I don't have permission??) and there's so much I want to say there!!
Thanks! :upthumb

not threadcrapping (postcrapping?) and I'm sure musically it's a gem.. but personally given up on these Impulse QS records, the surround experience is not worth the outlay (to me).. ditto on the Ovation LPs, won't be getting any more of those either.. it's a shame there's so little worthwhile quad on the format since QS decodes so well thru the Surround Master :)

I have to agree with you here. There a few of the Impulse and Ovation albums that are available on tape as well so those are the ones to hunt down. Alas, I don't believe that this Shepp album was released on QR. I'd love to be wrong about this though.

220px-Xtcsl2.jpg

Has Todd commented on this set?

I enjoy the Blu-Ray and the car CD versions...

Listening to now.. Joe Walsh's Players You Smoke The Drunker You Get (or whatever it's called).. speaking of underwhelming QS records, this one's got a great, active mix! :banana:

I love Joe Walsh's laid back, slightly tongue in cheek, slightly insane attitude and that's a great album! :upthumb

Has Todd commented on this set?

I enjoy the Blu-Ray and the car CD versions...

Todd Rundgren? Not that I've heard.

Now listening:
63638_large.jpg

114113_large.jpg

Not much surround really, but great fidelity and performance. Mostly mild crowd-noise and reverb in the back, unfortunately. Great concert. :smokin

Back