Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big Phat BAND XXL. Super fidelity big band sound, best very loud. Some might want to cut the bass by a few dB. Personally it feels good, as I've heard this type of accentuated low end at many live events.

IMG_0172.JPG

Echoes from Live in Pompeii in the 1972 box.Really like the music and the mix and the visuals!:)

Listened and watched it last night. I really enjoyed everything about it. :upthumb It's been a while since I've seen Pompeii...actually several decades :yikes LOL! I noticed a lot of new visuals CGI have (had) been added since I last saw it. Loved the images probably from NASA or ESA. Cool stuff! I also enjoyed the separate Quad mix of Echoes. Even if it isn't the most polished mix, it suits the music with its raw funkiness.

I highly encourage the remaining members of the band, Alan Parsons, James Guthrie, Andy Jackson, (or whoever else was/is involved) to release any other Quad or 5.1 mixes in Hirez as soon as possible.

:51banana:Absolutely love Pink Floyd in Surround!!! :51banana:

Now listening to DSOTM :beer2

Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band "XXL" DualDisc- Definitely a reference disc... noticing, though, that on the dualdisc the best audio quality available is "5.1 mlp 48k". Is this the same as the stand-alone DVD-A?

Gordon Goodwin's Big Phat Band "XXL" DualDisc- Definitely a reference disc... noticing, though, that on the dualdisc the best audio quality available is "5.1 mlp 48k". Is this the same as the stand-alone DVD-A?

Nah Snood have DVD-A it is 24.96 got them all - give me a PM maybe :banana::banana:

If you can REALLY hear a difference between 24/48 and 24/96, I'll give you a medal. My pre/pro up samples 48 to 96, anyway but there is almost [if ANY] no discernible difference between the two. Also, 24/192 vs. 24/96 has been questioned as well. A lot of engineers think 24/96 is good enough for hi res music but there will always be those who disagree (so what else is new).

But I do have an issue with those who think DTS 24/96 is the same as MLP DVD~A 96/24. The DTS codec on a DVD or an RBCD is 16 bit/48 and 16/44.1 respectively........period!

If you can REALLY hear a difference between 24/48 and 24/96, I'll give you a medal. My pre/pro up samples 48 to 96, anyway but there is almost [if ANY] no discernible difference between the two. Also, 24/192 vs. 24/96 has been questioned as well. A lot of engineers think 24/96 is good enough for hi res music but there will always be those who disagree (so what else is new).

But I do have an issue with those who think DTS 24/96 is the same as MLP DVD~A 96/24. The DTS codec on a DVD or an RBCD is 16 bit/48 and 16/44.1 respectively........period!

I'm sure I can't tell the difference, but I'm always bummed when I buy a disc and it's not the best one available (sounds fantastic, though!)

Black Sabbath -Paranoid

No pic today, sorry.

Had to whip this on this morn, as I woke up from some bizarre little dream that I was at a Sabbath Concert in some big stadium listening to them perform War Child .

I did actually see/hear them perform though, back in the fall of 71 at The Winnipeg Concert Hall !!! And note for note they played amazing and were a treat to watch . I remember the bassist with hair down to his ass, bowing back and forth in a mesmerizing performance throughout the set.

And LOUD !!! Freakin loud---in a Concert Hall of all things , me in the first balcony , after the show they came out the front door and gave us all a nod . It was late and we were all trying to find a ride-buses stopped running .

Approximately 3-4 hours later my hearing returned to normal. :smokin

Black Sabbath -Paranoid

No pic today, sorry.

Had to whip this on this morn, as I woke up from some bizarre little dream that I was at a Sabbath Concert in some big stadium listening to them perform War Child .

I did actually see/hear them perform though, back in the fall of 71 at The Winnipeg Concert Hall !!! And note for note they played amazing and were a treat to watch . I remember the bassist with hair down to his ass, bowing back and forth in a mesmerizing performance throughout the set.

And LOUD !!! Freakin loud---in a Concert Hall of all things , me in the first balcony , after the show they came out the front door and gave us all a nod . It was late and we were all trying to find a ride-buses stopped running .

Approximately 3-4 hours later my hearing returned to normal. :smokin

You are killing me with that story. That is awesome. Yeah, Geezer is an amazing, amazing bass player. Always loved watching him.

Back