Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love this album, never heard it in quad.

I was lucky enough to find a 5.1 SACD of Toys last year. Quite fine!

Toys SACD is a better disc than the quad counterpart fwiw. I never had the stereo disc but I find that SACD to be full of music (likely superior studio takes) that are not present on the quad album.
That being said all 3 of their quads are worth owning for the stellar mixes by Jay Messina . Rocks is my fave quad mix , but Wings is my favourite Aerosmith album.

Listened to three excellent surround discs last nite . Highly recommend these 3 greats.

Pete Namlook/Klaus Schulze-Dark Side of Moog vol 11 DTS CD (on MIG Records) -first track is incredible .

Steve Miller-Fly Like An Eagle DTS CD-the use of surround/quad is superb for all the synthesizer tracks on this disc.

Steely Dan-Gaucho DTS CD-4 tunes really stand out for the mix and music , Babylon Sisters, Hey Nineteen, Gaucho, and Time Out Of Mind.

20171111_194850.jpg

Pure Prairie League - Two Lane Highway / If The Shoe Fits (SACD) Never knew this band. Country & Western with an edge, pretty good. Good fidelity, good surround mix (quad)
Return To Forever - Musicmagic (SACD) Excellent music, Excellent fidelity and surround mix (quad), highly recommended.
I would propose Michael J. Dutton to become MBE (at least!)

Any possibility of ...ehem ..sharing them?

No! :yikes

Its rotten and beastly and ghastly and illegal and sordid and wrong! :violin
I'll email you later :)

meantime, I'm enjoying this old chestnut in (((( surround sound ))))

(it feels like we'll never get any of these Simon or Garfunkel, or indeed Simon & Garfunkel, Quads reissued anytime soon.. so just as well we've got our old records and tapes..phew! :p )

FJZAnDw.jpg

very nice sounding cart.. and I've loved the mix from the first time I heard it..

"I believe when I fall in love, I believe it will be forever..."

:music

Awww come on ......
It's too bad that (maybe) you are NOT aware of this USA progam ("Laugh-In"which featured a LOT of up and coming artists...IMDB is your friend) artists,,,one of their "recurring sketches was the "Garfarkel Family",,,to which the NEIGHBOUR (English spelling just out of consideration) said..."MIGHTY FINE LOOKIN' CHILDREN YOU GOT THERE" (and, of course they ALL looked like the neighbor...)....aww come omn we all are a BIG family here.... PM me either here or that place that sounds like ..."Friendface".... un abrazo!

You bet your sweet bippy :)

Awww come on ......
It's too bad that (maybe) you are NOT aware of this USA progam ("Laugh-In"which featured a LOT of up and coming artists...IMDB is your friend) artists,,,one of their "recurring sketches was the "Garfarkel Family",,,to which the NEIGHBOUR (English spelling just out of consideration) said..."MIGHTY FINE LOOKIN' CHILDREN YOU GOT THERE" (and, of course they ALL looked like the neighbor...)....aww come omn we all are a BIG family here.... PM me either here or that place that sounds like ..."Friendface".... un abrazo!

No! :yikes

Its rotten and beastly and ghastly and illegal and sordid and wrong! :violin
I'll email you later :)

meantime, I'm enjoying this old chestnut in (((( surround sound ))))

(it feels like we'll never get any of these Simon or Garfunkel, or indeed Simon & Garfunkel, Quads reissued anytime soon.. so just as well we've got our old records and tapes..phew! :p )

FJZAnDw.jpg

very nice sounding cart.. and I've loved the mix from the first time I heard it..

"I believe when I fall in love, I believe it will be forever..."

:music

Petition, Petition, Petition. Ask and you shall receive [a quote from the King James version of the Bible].

Angel Clare and Breakaway are right up D~V's alley, Adam.:banana:

BTW, do you have the CD~4 or Q8 of Papa John Creach? :violin

Petition, Petition, Petition. Ask and you shall receive [a quote from the King James version of the Bible].

Angel Clare and Breakaway are right up D~V's alley, Adam.:banana:

BTW, do you have the CD~4 or Q8 of Papa John Creach? :violin

hey Ralph, I don't have the Papa John Creach Quad in either format unfortunately.. I've searched for it for a while now.. ah well, maybe one day, its on the list (along with a ton of other 5.1 & Quad things I can't find either! nobody wants that old Quad stuff? oy! i beg to differ! :p )

Richard Strauss - "An Alpine Symphony" SACD (Haitink/London Symphony Orchestra)... very wide sound stage; full use of the surrounds (bordering on discrete but not); EXCELLENT majestic, thundering, dynamic cinema-like music. I wish I had a surround version of "Also Sprach Zarathustra" with this good of a surround mix. Can't wait for my Dutton Vocalion SACD with Strauss' "The Hero" to arrive!

Man, this sounds good:)

Edit: By the way, can anyone suggest a good surround version of "Also Sprach Zarathustra"?

yeah, yeah , yeah..I KNOW I'm, on this Fiona Apple groove...
and this is NOT a "Surround" mix,. but , dang it sounds GREAT through the THX +Music faux Surround!...isolated elements in the rears and everything!

yes,the "Extraordinary Machine" Dual disc..
(I'm, a hypnic jerk!!!!)

Some SERIOUS DEEP BASS here...brilliant lyrics...can't get enough of "Oh well" or "Red red red"...or "Please please please" or ....well , ALL OF IT...there are NO DUDS in this album!!!!
..her other three albums are really good but this one is her definitive masterpiece...

yeah, yeah , yeah..I KNOW I'm, on this Fiona Apple groove...
and this is NOT a "Surround" mix,. but , dang it sounds GREAT through the THX +Music faux Surround!...isolated elements in the rears and everything!

yes,the "Extraordinary Machine" Dual disc..
(I'm, a hypnic jerk!!!!)

Some SERIOUS DEEP BASS here...brilliant lyrics...can't get enough of "Oh well" or "Red red red"...or "Please please please" or ....well , ALL OF IT...there are NO DUDS in this album!!!!
..her other three albums are really good but this one is her definitive masterpiece...

IF Fiona has some isolated stuff in her rears...I mean her apples...er...well....I might have to bite. :cool:

Richard Strauss - "An Alpine Symphony" SACD (Haitink/London Symphony Orchestra)... very wide sound stage; full use of the surrounds (bordering on discrete but not); EXCELLENT majestic, thundering, dynamic cinema-like music. I wish I had a surround version of "Also Sprach Zarathustra" with this good of a surround mix. Can't wait for my Dutton Vocalion SACD with Strauss' "The Hero" to arrive!

Man, this sounds good:)

Edit: By the way, can anyone suggest a good surround version of "Also Sprach Zarathustra"?

Deodato Prelude has a neat arrangement of it

It's one of the albums on the Vocalion two-fer SACD

Back