Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't ever remember seeing it here in the UK, but it looks like Region 2 only from the amazon listing :(

Gonna give this "super surround mix " Steely Dan LIVE disc a spin soon. "Black Friday" really kicks ass rockin' !!!! :D But the WHOLE disc is a surround treat and performance .(y)

Steely Dan-Sensuous Surround Party 2 Against Nature Live in NY DVD-DTS

-a must own if you like surround Dan btw. An Elliot Scheiner/Roger Nichols mix. :D

View attachment 31242

Steve Hackett: Genesis Revisited at the RAH on BD-V in 4.1

E182A7B5-F2F8-4C10-9323-387DA488E25D.jpg

Edgar Winter Group - They Only Come Out At Night

PDZcZdG.jpg

..the best $4 I've spent all year :p

what a mix.. Frankenstein tightens my bolts and blows my mind every time! :nuke

Still Alive & Well (Johnny Winter RIP) was about 10 times as much but doesn't sound 10 times better! :ugham:

maybe DV will give these the VIP treatment on SACD, ITNTDF..!? wouldn't that be luvverly..!

The Allman Brothers Band - Live At Fillmore East (DTS) ... 22+ minutes of "Whipping Post" in glorious Quad!! This is one of the great live surround albums. I love being surrounded by discrete guitars.(y)

Yep..that's one of my favorites(y)..I'm listening to it right now...great song list...Josie...fm...black Friday...Babylon sisters...kid Charlemagne...PEG...I mean this disc is really what Steely Dan was...performance was stellar and that killer song list...if anybody doesn't have this they NEED it...I use it as an audio disc as the picture quality is not great..

Yeah, I know your not a fan of live surround , Clint .

But this mix and performance must be superb.....if you love it . That's just makes it a top accreditation for all concerned .

:D(y)

It's really too bad ABC Records didn't Quad remix any of their 3 or 4 James Gang discs back when they had the opportunity .

But oh well , in the meantime I'll give this Quad wonder a spin later today.

Joe Walsh-Smoker You Drink, Player You Get . QS QUAD and a (conversion )

20171117_180213.jpg

Yeah, I know your not a fan of live surround , Clint .

But this mix and performance must be superb.....if you love it . That's just makes it a top accreditation for all concerned .

:D(y)

Well...this isn't a true "live" concert...it was in a controlled environment at Sony Music Stage in New York...so even though you have an audience you don't have to contend with the usual crowd noise and poor acoustics of the standard live venue..and that is why I don't like live concerts...of course the surround is excellent because it was done by the "maestro"...but it's the content and performance that sealed the deal on this one...and why I love it so much...I had the DVD-A Two Against Nature and I just didn't like it...and this version gives you some of the songs from the DVD-A plus some awesome songs like..JOSIE...FM...BLACK FRIDAY...BABYLON SISTERS..KID CHARLEMAGNE..PEG...PRETZEL LOGIC.......

Since we are sitting around the cyber campfire and talking about concerts....there are a few with audiences that I love...at this stage I'm sure all the regular members know about the Eagles Farewell Tour Blu Ray....but in case you are new to the hobby or just an infrequent visitor...there are 2 excellent one's that are inexpensive and excellent...if you like the music...the Eagles is a must....you can get it HERE...and if you like Jeff Beck...this one has a great small club atmosphere and excellent performance...available HERE

Another one I like and a boatload of hits on one disc is this Elton John concert available here

Since we are sitting around the cyber campfire and talking about concerts....there are a few with audiences that I love...at this stage I'm sure all the regular members know about the Eagles Farewell Tour Blu Ray....but in case you are new to the hobby or just an infrequent visitor...there are 2 excellent one's that are inexpensive and excellent...if you like the music...the Eagles is a must....you can get it HERE...and if you like Jeff Beck...this one has a great small club atmosphere and excellent performance...available HERE

Another one I like and a boatload of hits on one disc is this Elton John concert available here

I have all of those, and they are top notch.

It's really too bad ABC Records didn't Quad remix any of their 3 or 4 James Gang discs back when they had the opportunity .

But oh well , in the meantime I'll give this Quad wonder a spin later today.

Joe Walsh-Smoker You Drink, Player You Get . QS QUAD and a (conversion )

View attachment 31252

oh, man,I got this Q8 conversion which sounds HEAVENLY without EQ (!!!),,,this one ROCKS!!!!

Same, I have those and they're hard to beat, especially the Eagles. Roy Orbison's Black and White Night (the first edition with the ES mix) is another good one and still my all time favourite concert to watch/listen to: Jethro Tull at Montreux 2003.

Same, I have those and they're hard to beat, especially the Eagles. Roy Orbison's Black and White Night (the first edition with the ES mix) is another good one and still my all time favourite concert to watch/listen to: Jethro Tull at Montreux 2003.

That's funny you mentioned Black and White because I was going to include it but I haven't checked out the other version...not much difference other than some bonus material...same master was used....

That's funny you mentioned Black and White because I was going to include it but I haven't checked out the other version...not much difference other than some bonus material...same master was used....

I have both, the discrete ES mix is gone on the new version put out by Roy’s boys. There are some add ons and different angles with the new version, and lots of folks prefer it over the original. I’m not one of those. The crowd is now on stage with the large ensemble of singers/players in the new version, that should tell you a lot about what you’ll find (or not) in the surrounds.:rolleyes:

Back