Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man, I do too!
"To France" might be my favorite Mike Oldfield 'song' (as opposed to 'composition') and part of that is because of Maggie Reilly's voice.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you, some magic was created here :music

Maggie Reilly is something special!

And of course mr Oldfield is a genious :)

Edit: Maybe I'm wrong (hearing this), but the way she switches between the english and the american way to pronounce "France" - it just makes me happy :banana:

Bryan Adams, Reckless, BD-A, 5.1 HD Master Audio at 65db. I want to listen/watch next the most awesome No Quarter, Unledded, but let's see where the whiskey takes me.

Oop's took a detour, listening to Clapton Slowhand SACD mch, I really just wanted to hear The Core, don't like Cocaine and Wonderful Tonight, played too much in my brain. The difference in fidelity is huge going from a BD-A 5.1 to a SACD mch, the SACD being the loser. But it's all good.

Oop's took a detour, listening to Clapton Slowhand SACD mch, I really just wanted to hear The Core, don't like Cocaine and Wonderful Tonight, played too much in my brain. The difference in fidelity is huge going from a BD-A 5.1 to a SACD mch, the SACD being the loser. But it's all good.

Bluray 5.1??

Ok, I'll be signing off now, been a long week, but I am mellow and going to fade the next hour with Jimmy Page, Robert Plant Unledded, No Quarter. I will bet money, one of the best rock videos and DTS 5.1's you will ever hear/watch. I cried the first time. My good friend Lute turned me onto this gem. Stunning for your soul, guaranteed.

Ok, I'll be signing off now, been a long week, but I am mellow and going to fade the next hour with Jimmy Page, Robert Plant Unledded, No Quarter. I will bet money, one of the best rock videos and DTS 5.1's you will ever hear/watch. I cried the first time. My good friend Lute turned me onto this gem. Stunning for your soul, guaranteed.

I purchased Unledded right when it was released (all those years ago) and I remember just being stunned at the sheer talent....not too many times I watch/listen to something and just stare and shake my head. Unledded was a revelation for me back then...and it still carries that emotion. Why can't they release this in blu-ray? PRobably the same reason we never see Fleetwood Mac - The Dance on Blu-ray. Another disc that simply astonished me when I first saw it.

I purchased Unledded right when it was released (all those years ago) and I remember just being stunned at the sheer talent....not too many times I watch/listen to something and just stare and shake my head. Unledded was a revelation for me back then...and it still carries that emotion. Why can't they release this in blu-ray? PRobably the same reason we never see Fleetwood Mac - The Dance on Blu-ray. Another disc that simply astonished me when I first saw it.

If the reason you are referring to is the fact that both of these concerts were shot on Standard-Def video, and Blu-Ray would offer no upgrade whatsoever to the picture quality, then you are right. Only the audio would be significantly better if either one of these concerts ever made it to Blu-Ray.
As for me, I'm still waiting on a Blu-Ray release of the Genesis reunion concert "When In Rome"… :rolleyes:

IATW is my all time favorite song. I did not know that Anthology was in surround so I pulled it out to listen to it. I realized I now own four different copies of IATW in surround. Besides the Anthology, I have the Love soundtrack, the Magical Mystery Tour Blu ray and a copy of the MMT CD that someone made for me. So I played them back to back to back to back and for me the Love disc is the clear winner due to the way the breakup in the middle travels around the stage. In all four versions I can clearly hear John singing 'Smoke pot smoke pot everybody smoke pot'. I did notice one amazing thing. The video on the MMT BR is different from the video on the Anthology disc. Not a whole lot different but still different. I wish I could play both at once to list the differences. Why would they remix the video?

What impressed me on the Anthology DVD was the way IATW ended as opposed to the dvda version. It's a very lively surround type speaker to speaker active suround mix for the last minute. Hadn't heard it for a while so I thought a comparison was in order, and boy was I surprised.
We are indeed lucky to have full versions of "Walrus".(y)

There are many other tunes on this dvd that contain full version songs in surround, highly recommended. :D

I personally love the way this disc sounds. Maybe just a "smidgen" loud, but man - so good, with a nice surround mix and good fidelity. And well, the music. :smokin

61D46CEC-5A42-4488-B017-A927C58FE0CE.jpg

So, are there other surround disc other than one I have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of all the artist's, GENESIS has released probably the most extensive surround collection of their music. :smokin

" Everything " they ever did in the studio as well as 2 live box sets.

(Surely you know this, Gos ?):rolleyes:

Starless and Bible Black DVD
Augmented with a pint of local micro Zipline Black IPA abv 8.0

Wow, this is my first King Crimson surround acquisition, very impressed, happy to pay <$20.
Sure won't be my last, Discipline pending shipment and a few more on the wish list.

Difficult to photograph this.
Scratched into the runout groove of my original copy of Fripp's live League of Gentleman album.
Released in '81 right before he reformed the 80s KC

'NEXT STEP IS DISCIPLINE'

Attachments

• DSCF3326.jpg
    DSCF3326.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 122
  • DSCF3327.jpg
    DSCF3327.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 121
Back