Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks.. :) Wonder if there is any way to repurpose the 6 channels after the fact (via Audacity or somesuch) into something compatible with a conventional 5.1 setup?

Since the album I have features a solo and since this is the only title from that label I own, I won't be trying to solve this anytime soon. Should I get another title with an orchestra, maybe the I'll investigate further.

According to the schematics in the booklet, it implies having another pair of speakers over the front pair. I'll leave that pleasure to others. Six speakers is enough for me.

Having an extra pair of speakers above the fronts sounds awfully redundant to me. The way my Meridian DVD~A 800 works, it has three coaxial cables going from the 800 into my Meridian pre/pro........One coax for the front r/l, 1 for the center/sub channels and 1 for the rear r/l which would seem to be 2+2+2 without the extra front speakers. I do love the MDG sound but like Adam never understood the 2+2+2 configuration. No use 'harping' on it!

Just finished SuperTramp - Breakfast In America on blu ray (sadly, non surround of course) now listening to Roger Shaw's Music for Meditation on BD.

image_zpshtfd6key.jpg

Titz - Magic SACD (y)

Titz out, trousers down, isn't life a scream..! :banana:

Are you a legz man or a titz man? :ugham:

(Good to see you back posting like old times btw mate :upthumb )

Oh PS. I remember this SACD quite fondly (not fondle, fondly!) and not just cos of the rude bitz.. :eek: ..will have to get the 5.1 titz out again for an airing soon, long overdue.. ah, I wonder how Linda is, she always liked a titz joke! Miss not seeing her so much on here these days too..

I've heard people say the SACD is better, but I don't have it to compare. The blu ray is real 'punchy', I play it a lot! :upthumb

you know.. i seem to remember enjoying the sound of the Turquoise SHM-CD (said to be same mastering as the SHM-SACD) more than the HFPA (nothing to do with 'format' or disc material.. just the sound quality I was 'earin' fru me lug'oles, 'enry 'iggins..) anywotsits, will pop em both on the computer one of these fine days and see what's what.. what what old bean.. :p

Edgar Winter - Jasmine Nightdreams - DTS-CD 20-bit 5.1

I so want one!

Is it just me or this album has a "Prince" vibe to it. Check out Edgar's scream in How Do Like Your Love. You'd think it was Prince. I can't wait to hear this one in Multichannel.

I so want one!

Is it just me or this album has a "Prince" vibe to it. Check out Edgar's scream in How Do Like Your Love. You'd think it was Prince. I can't wait to hear this one in Multichannel.

Ooh yeah! Never heard that vibe in it before, I'll listen to it with you & Prince in mind next time.. musically it's all over the place.. rocky, poppy, jazzy, bluesy, Stevie Wonder-y.. it's all about the surround mix baby! :banana:

Loved it's super surround-y-ness from word go.. but even 100's more Quad mixes later it's still one of the most amazing Quads I've ever heard.. super active (Caution: not for Quaddies who don't like wild 360 degree pans etc.! :yikes :D )

Back