Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered The Guess Who, hope it sounds as good as B,S & T :)

I assume you are talking about Child Is Father To The Man...no the Guess Who doesn't sound as good as that one...BUT...for me the content of the Guess Who is light years better than CIFTTM...I really don't even play that disc much...the self titled BS&T is the album by that band that I like the most...but if you like The Guess Who you will be happy with the quad SACD version...I've never heard them sound so good...there isn't a better version out there...

I assume you are talking about Child Is Father To The Man...no the Guess Who doesn't sound as good as that one...BUT...for me the content of the Guess Who is light years better than CIFTTM...I really don't even play that disc much...the self titled BS&T is the album by that band that I like the most...but if you like The Guess Who you will be happy with the quad SACD version...I've never heard them sound so good...there isn't a better version out there...

I can live with that, I also like the music of The Guess Who more than that of BS&T.

I can live with that, I also like the music of The Guess Who more than that of BS&T.

You will be happy with it:cool:..just hearing NO TIME like that(with outstanding audio quality) was a revelation for me...it had been years since I heard that song and man it hit me like a ton of bricks..and UNDUN...and of course THESE EYES..which was an anthem of mine "back in the day"...I should add a disclaimer...better listen to it the first time alone...just in case you start singing...just saying...

You will be happy with it:cool:..just hearing NO TIME like that(with outstanding audio quality) was a revelation for me...it had been years since I heard that song and man it hit me like a ton of bricks..and UNDUN...and of course THESE EYES..which was an anthem of mine "back in the day"...I should add a disclaimer...better listen to it the first time alone...just in case you start singing...just saying...

OK will do that, my singin' is not the best :rolleyes:, and when I'm alone I can play it somewhat louder as well...I like that :banana:.

Donald Fagen-Kamakiriad DVD-A..one thing that getting involved in hi rez discs has done for me is gain a greater appreciation of some artists...I knew who Donald Fagen was from his Steely Dan days but I never realized how talented he was as a solo performer until I started buying these discs...even Elton John...yes I always liked his hit songs but never really dug deep into his catalog of music until I purchased some of his hi rez discs...

Donald Fagen-Kamakiriad DVD-A..one thing that getting involved in hi rez discs has done for me is gain a greater appreciation of some artists...I knew who Donald Fagen was from his Steely Dan days but I never realized how talented he was as a solo performer until I started buying these discs...even Elton John...yes I always liked his hit songs but never really dug deep into his catalog of music until I purchased some of his hi rez discs...

And they sound pretty good too.

Same here. Actually to be truthful I dismissed him back in the 70's when all his stuff came out. I never bought any of his albums but now I have 5 of the sacds. The last couple of nights I listened to all of them in a row and enjoyed every minute.

Elton John-Captain Fantastic and The Brown Dirt Cowboy SACD...this one is for wavelength...the title song's surround is so good...and of course I do rock out on Philadelphia Freedom...more than just a "head bob"...just letting you guys know..

Same here. Actually to be truthful I dismissed him back in the 70's when all his stuff came out. I never bought any of his albums but now I have 5 of the sacds. The last couple of nights I listened to all of them in a row and enjoyed every minute.

He's a killer artist......all his music is fabulous IMO. I think I literally wore out 2 LP's...same title. Loved it so much.

Elton John Greatest Hits Volume II...Wow did I love those songs back in the day...

71kGVrOGwGL._SX425_.jpg

Porcupine Tree - The Incident - DVD-A
Queen - The Game - DVD-A
Pete Escovedo - Mister E - SACD - I just love this disc...lots of great brass & percussion.

Back