Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Elton John "Candle In The Wind (Acoustic)" from Goodbye Yellow Brick Road SACD... this version sounds so amazing in surround, simple mix with beautiful background vocals in the rears. I LOVE vocals when given an immersive surround mix (for example, "Seven Bridges Road" by The Eagles, "Shesmovedon" by Porcupine Tree, or selected acapella songs on the New York Voices "Let It Snow" SACD)... if anyone knows of any other vocal mixes of the caliber of these, please let me know!

That has become one of my go to show off tracks. The whole album is awesome. I never listened to the bonus tracks for almost a year after i got it. When i did I was just blown away at how good the acoustic version sounds. I have all 3 versions Blu-ray, SACD and DVD-A.

benson_zpsyfl2xdjb.jpg

:smokin

138114_large.jpg

I really like The Yes Album but I'm a bit surprised that it's ranked higher than Fragile on here. For me, Fragile is a better album, has drastically improved fidelity, and a better overall surround mix.

Metallica - Orgullo, Pasión, y Gloria: Tres Noches en la Ciudad de México (Blu-Ray)

Orgullo_Pasioacuten_y_Gloria-_Tres_Noches_en_la_Ciudad_de_Meacutexico_zps8evrco39.jpg

For some reason I can't get enough of Goldfrapp Supernature 5.1 SACD this past week. I saw a comment about lyrics and agreed, Time Out From The World would make an excellent Bond song.

Back