Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AmpO0Su.jpg

:smokin

Mike Keneally & Beer For Dolphins - SLUGGO!! [96/24 multi-channel]

Really, strong music, nice mix. :)

thanks for the reminder, it can go in the "notable MCH engineers thread"!

did the artist mix it into surround themselves?
(sorry I can't remember a thing about this MCh title!)

thanks for the reminder, it can go in the "notable MCH engineers thread"!

did the artist mix it into surround themselves?
(sorry I can't remember a thing about this MCh title!)

You know, I have the deluxe set and I cannot find any reference exactly who did the multi-channel mix. But maybe I'm not understanding some of the terminology. I do see this...

Remixes produced by - Mike Keneally
Mixed by - Mike Harris
Stereo remix remastered by - John Golden
Analog to digital multitrack transter - Mike Harris

DVD-A authoring - NEIL WILKES :banana:

I don't see any additional information, and it came with a little booklet, I just don't see any specific info...

My Blu ray player doesn't do DVD-A. only regular DVD

:(

Well, maybe upgrading to a player that can do DVD-A is on your to-do list or maybe not. We all could probably upgrade something or other.
I have all fairly budget gear, besides the OPPO, and I'm very happy with how my music sounds.

I'll say this, though, if your receiver has the inputs and whatnot, acquiring an OPPO DVD player that can do SACD & DVD-A is pretty cheap.
Just got one for my mom for $60. Between that and your normal BD player you're almost all set, besides maybe the odd file raw format here and there.

I'm asking for a new player for Christmas so hopefully i'll get one that plays DVD-A and SACD........I had an Oppo DVD player but I gave it to one of my brothers as payment for hooking up my Blu ray player.

Last Friday at work we were talking about 90's & 00's band that had lost their lead singer. So Friday after work I broke out Reanimation, Core and Badmotorfinger along with several adult beverages. I listened to all at a fairly loud volume and appreciated the fact that we had all of these in surround. I enjoyed them all. Had a busy week and finally made it back to the surround space this afternoon. Felt the need for a change and listened to The Old Kit Bag and followed it up with Imaginary Day. I forgot how big the bass was on Imaginary Day. I felt that while I was relaxing on the sectional that I might have been in an old hotel room and just plugged a quarter into the meter on the bed. Can't wait until tomorrow when the week is over and a free weekend with plenty of time for music.

Back