Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eagles - Farewell I

Lots of very discrete surround activity and great fidelity and dynamics for a live concert. :banana:

Tim Bowness - probably misspelled his name - "Stupid Things that Mean the World" and "Lost in the Ghost Light." Lossy format but very well done mix especially "Stupid Things...." Songs are great. Am now a fan.

Eagles - Farewell I

After skimming about an hour of that, I'm listening to Primus - Chocolate Factory. Heard it a few times in stereo on youtube and didn't care much for it. Listening for the first time in surround, and I like it very much more than before. :smokin

Please tell me you listened to 'In That Quiet Earth' if just checking out selections. For my tastes, it's one of the last truly bad-ass proggy/fusiony tracks that they did on their way to evolving into more pop sensibilities.

By the way, do you ever sleep or work? You seem to always be on here when I check in. :D

Yes, I did listen to "In That Quiet Earth" as it was one of the highlights at both of the Nashville shows I attended recently.
And to your other question, I sleep and work a lot, but I do a lot of quick check-ins to QQ too, and since the system keeps you as 'online' up to an hour after your last reported activity, it does seem that I am online more than I really am.

;)

Yes, I did listen to "In That Quiet Earth" as it was one of the highlights at both of the Nashville shows I attended recently.
And to your other question, I sleep and work a lot, but I do a lot of quick check-ins to QQ too, and since the system keeps you as 'online' up to an hour after your last reported activity, it does seem that I am online more than I really am.

;)

You're talking about Steve Hackett aren't you? That's awesome! :banana:

bt_zpswqgole6v.jpg

:smokin

Emerson Lake and Palmer, self titled, DVD -A, Advanced Resolution, 5.1, PCM, 48Khz, 2012 SW remix. Listening at 72.5db, very good. I never knew the front cover was the dove around a human head, I always thought it was just the dove in like whatever. I like the surround better when just instrumental, vocals are mixed too strong at center channel. SW is not perfect.

Been a while. I've not been listening to much multi-channel music lately. My life has been bare because of it....work rules. Ugh.
A wonderful evening....some Cabernet and great 70's Quad. :)

11976170-5CD3-454E-9815-16AD29CFB8A2.jpg

Back