Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah! Can't get enough of this...

birdsong at morning.jpg

Hard week, so now hard music, beer and shots. Only metal and hard rock. Warming up the rig with Deep Purple Machine Head, 5.1 DVD-A , 24/96 PCM. Metallica next? Nothing less than 72db. If you play loud they will come.

Hard week, so now hard music, beer and shots. Only metal and hard rock. Warming up the rig with Deep Purple Machine Head, 5.1 DVD-A , 24/96 PCM. Metallica next? Nothing less than 72db. If you play loud they will come.

hahaha! MP - you are rocking. I can dig it. Me too.

I personally think Heaven Tonight by Cheap Trick is a massively epic song. Really sounds pretty damn good in fake surround. Yeah, yeah...wrong thread. Can't find the fake surround thread... :)

WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO TO HEAVEN TONIGHT?? Hell yes! :)

Listening now Metallica's Black Album DVD-A, 5.1, 24/96 PCM. Listening at 77db. So awesome. The last few tracks are a little weak so I might switch to UFO Lights Out In Tokyo.

UFO, Live In Tokyo, 5.1, DVD-A, 24/96 PCM. 74db, did I ever say I love DVD-A's ? They are the best format because they actually filled the disc with photos, lyrics, great sound etc. I don't know why BD-A's are struggling they shoul be a rocket ship in the audio world.

UFO, Live In Tokyo, 5.1, DVD-A, 24/96 PCM. 74db, did I ever say I love DVD-A's ? They are the best format because they actually filled the disc with photos, lyrics, great sound etc. I don't know why BD-A's are struggling they shoul be a rocket ship in the audio world.

UFO: Live in Tokyo is amazing, Mark and I certainly agree that BD~A should've been KING SHIT especially with its uber capacity and hi def image/graphics.

Just opened my mailbox and discovered the BD~A/V of XTC's Skylarking was delivered and looking over the table of contents.......another chock full of surprises BD~A taking full advantage of BD's awesome capabilities!

With 4K HD hitting the market I can only imagine what kind of possibilities this even higher storage capacity disc will unleash on the viewing/listening public.

Just passed, Surround Dog. Almost every evening around eight or nine, later on Fridays. A dog barking from the car in the neighborhood. Car passes front left then right passing to surround right then getting loud back center and fading surround left on the street in front. Somebody loves their dog.

I personally think Heaven Tonight by Cheap Trick is a massively epic song. Really sounds pretty damn good in fake surround. Yeah, yeah...wrong thread. Can't find the fake surround thread... :)

WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO TO HEAVEN TONIGHT?? Hell yes! :)

you will never come down,

EDIT...I think it's "you MAY never come down"..but yes, it's still one of the creepiest songs ever!!!

Last night..among many things I was enjoying SO MUCH;
Julieta Venegas'
"Limón y Sal"
DD 5.1

I know that I'm always posting this but she is a GREAT songwriter...sad lyrics in a happy song (Canciones de amor), 80's style percussion in the rears in a breakup song (this one is actually in a minor key-La última vez),
and the mix is FREAKIN' GREAT!!!!(nice round bass and great bubble..and some great fidelity for being Dubly)

I KNOW Adam has it, cause I saw it , but, being in Spanish and all, I don't know if anybody else has got it or listened to it...it is worth getting it and "Google Translate" the lyrics, which are easy to find online...

Last night..among many things I was enjoying SO MUCH;
Julieta Venegas'
"Limón y Sal"
DD 5.1

I know that I'm always posting this but she is a GREAT songwriter...sad lyrics in a happy song (Canciones de amor), 80's style percussion in the rears in a breakup song (this one is actually in a minor key-La última vez),
and the mix is FREAKIN' GREAT!!!!(nice round bass and great bubble..and some great fidelity for being Dubly)

I KNOW Adam has it, cause I saw it , but, being in Spanish and all, I don't know if anybody else has got it or listened to it...it is worth getting it and "Google Translate" the lyrics, which are easy to find online...

Yes! Well spotted! I got it under your recommendation! It's excellent! :upthumb
Ps. Hugs for Mrs. kap., hope she is doing ok.

Back