Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heck, I'd be happy with competent MONO mixes of the 1st 3 Metallica albums! Those lo grade no budget scratch mixes that were released are a travesty. The foundation of the band (Cliff) buried. Quiet tom hits not opening up the crudely dialed in gates. Icepick to the forehead eq on the guitars. Just to scratch the surface... I get WHY these were no budget releases at the time. But I'm not happy!

Megadeath albums are pretty much unmixed in general too. How is it that what are supposed to be some of the big heavyweight music albums are mixed so poorly to make them puny sounding?!
Dave Mustaine released a whole series of stereo remixes of classic Megadeth albums. At least for Rust and Countdown, I actually prefer the originals. Peace and So Far sound like ass either way. I guess the poor mixes are just something that's accepted with classic thrash.
At least Anthrax and Testament are putting out great albums with better production at this late stage.

Sent from my TA-1025 using Tapatalk

And yeah, it would be awesome for classic Metallica to get superbly remixed. Especially Justice, with some bass. Talk about buried. The Black Album on DVD-A sounds pretty sweet. It's just not thrash.

And yeah, it would be awesome for classic Metallica to get superbly remixed. Especially Justice, with some bass. Talk about buried. The Black Album on DVD-A sounds pretty sweet. It's just not thrash.

I used to own Black DVD-Audio and for some dumbass reason, I gave it away. Huge Tallica fan, so not sure what I was thinking....

I'm apparently primarily a Cliff fan. Because after he died, Metallica completely and thoroughly stopped sounding like Metallica to me. I don't dislike anything afterwards and I wouldn't ask anyone to turn it off or anything. Probably why the early album mixes suck to me though. Cliff was the focal point. He clearly wrote most of the arrangements and riffs during his time and the rest of the band followed him. And his bass is barely in the mixes!

Talking Heads - More Songs About Buildings and Food

IMG_0321.jpg

A weird day for musical genre changes!

Started with,

Moya Brennan - Two Horizons (5.1 SACD),

then,

ELP - ELP (5.1 DVD-A),
Bamberger Symponikar/Jonathan Nott, Leos Janacek - Sinfonietta for Orchestra (5.1 SACD) {Fanfare is used in Knife Edge on ELP},
Can - Saw Delight (2.0 SACD) - I turned on DD ProII Music and it sounded good in Surround - it was recorded back in 1977 using the Artificial Head-system (as was Flow Motion)
Carpenter's - Greatest Hits (5.1 SACD)

Back