Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fairport Convention -Close To The Wind

DVDA

20170407_181406.jpg

Not the best surround, but it's Fairport. I t's the combination of some tracks from 2 latter albums. :D

Baggy, no biggy but-

I thought those Tomita's were all quad ? (4.0 or 4.1 ) ? :D

Hmmm... maybe so. All 6 5.1 input indicators lit up on my receiver, but it could be the silenced center/lfe thing they do.
The four corners are sure active as hell, in a good way. IIRC, Tomita did some overdubs and stuff, so maybe there is something in the center? :couch

Just checked definitely a Quad, no Centre (I don't have an LFE as floorstanders all round), but the Oppo lights up as 5.1. Great album.

Hmmm... maybe so. All 6 5.1 input indicators lit up on my receiver, but it could be the silenced center/lfe thing they do.
The four corners are sure active as hell, in a good way. IIRC, Tomita did some overdubs and stuff, so maybe there is something in the center? :couch

Ugh, once again, I cannot find a poll. Man, I try google, and still can't locate this stuff. Tomita - The Planets (SACD)

Can someone direct me to this poll? Yikes, amazing how difficult I find this searching..... oh well. :)

Ugh, once again, I cannot find a poll. Man, I try google, and still can't locate this stuff. Tomita - The Planets (SACD)

Can someone direct me to this poll? Yikes, amazing how difficult I find this searching..... oh well. :)

Use google with the "site" command. For example type the following in the google search bar:
site:http://www.quadraphonicquad.com
This tells google to search the QQ website

Then add whatever you are searching for. In this case Tomita - The Planets (SACD).
So the whole thing looks like this:
site:http://www.quadraphonicquad.com Tomita - The Planets (SACD)

Steven Wilson - To The Bone on blu ray in 5.1pcm .....first listen. What to hell is with this upbeat crap like Permanating? He's got no business making me dance in my seat here...:music

Mike Oldfield - Five Miles Out... Great mix and music! I'm really enjoying "Taurus II". I never knew "Family Man" was covered by Hall & Oates (I thought they were the first!)

(DTS DVD-V)

I was looking for a surround mix of the follow-up to "Five Miles Out", "Crises"... looks like a 5.1 mix by by Mike Oldfield was included on the 30th Anniversary Boxed Set for Crises, but it's going for about $400 on ebay. Anyone know if this mix was released other than in the boxed set?

I was looking for a surround mix of the follow-up to "Five Miles Out", "Crises"... looks like a 5.1 mix by by Mike Oldfield was included on the 30th Anniversary Boxed Set for Crises, but it's going for about $400 on ebay. Anyone know if this mix was released other than in the boxed set?

Not officially, my friend! I'd love to hear it too!

Jean Michel Jarre - Aero

Probably the most 'discrete' mix I own. Can't accuse JMJ of being timid, that's for sure. :)

Cool stuff! Thanks! :upthumb This is how Vangelis's Bladerunner soundtrack, Tangerine Dream (and everything else ;)) should be mixed!

Back