Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soundgarden, Superunkown, 5.1, DTS HD Master, just arrived today, I love it. Will go on poll and do an objective opinion later. Packaging, video menu, on screen moving pictures, all are perfect. Surprised I let others influence me to not get this.

its Scheiner,
its surround,
its Classic Rock..

its Classic Rock, mixed into Surround sound, by Elliot Scheiner..

Surround..
Scheiner..
Rock..
Paper,
Scissors,
Credit card!

you know the drill.. ;)

Well you know I gotta admit, I thought GOS was pulling our legs because I don't know how he missed this one .

@GOS

What freddie said---ABOVE . This is a must own surround title . And hurry as it's soon to be OOP. !!!:yikes

"That Smell " is far and away my favourite tune on that E.S. DVDA (great song !!:smokin )

I wasn't aware the DVD/A had anything "live " in surround , gonna have to give it a re-spin cause I missed that . (y)

There are so many highlights on that disc - for me personally it's the song 'You Got That Right', which is a track I'd never heard before, compared to almost all the other songs which are classic rock radio staples here. That part toward the end where there's a bit of silence immediately preceding a key change and guitar solo gets me every time, and the 5.1 mix has a real dynamic 'punch' and sense of excitement that I found a bit lacking in the original stereo mix.

Soundgarden, Superunkown, 5.1, DTS HD Master, just arrived today, I love it. Will go on poll and do an objective opinion later. Packaging, video menu, on screen moving pictures, all are perfect. Surprised I let others influence me to not get this.

If you had listened to me...you would have purchased it earlier. :):):)
Just saying....

It's wonderful.

"That Smell " is far and away my favourite tune on that E.S. DVDA (great song !!:smokin )

I wasn't aware the DVD/A had anything "live " in surround , gonna have to give it a re-spin cause I missed that . (y)

the HFPA Blu-ray has Sweet Home Alabama live in Surround as a bonus, is what i was referring to Fizzy!

Hawkwind - Warrior On The Edge Of Time 5.1 dvd-a, lovely trip, I would so love this treatment for Doremi Fasol Latido and Hall Of the Mountain Grill too!

Tonight's random surround playlist:

Grover Washington "Winelight" (Winelight SACD) The ultimate in discrete surround mixing:smokin
The Doobie Brothers "Rocking Down The Highway" (Toulouse Street QR) Hi-rez please!
Chicago "Old Days" (Chicago VIII Quad BD-A)
Chicago "Happy Man" (Chicago VII Quad BD-A)
Seal "Crazy" (acoustic version)(Seal Best DVD-A)...a handful of really nice mixes on the acoustic disc
The Beatles "Yellow Submarine" (Yellow Submarine Movie Blu-ray) nice surround mix on this tune
The Doors "Riders On The Storm" (Best Of Doors Quad SACD) never get tired of this one
Queen "The Invisible Man" (Queen Greatest Video Hits 2 DVD-V)
Pink Floyd "Careful With That Axe Eugene" (Live At Pompeii BD-A)
Bryan Adams "It's Only Love" (Reckless BD-A) Tina Turner sounds so good on this song!
The Cars "You're All I've Got Tonight"
Ohio Players "Love Roller Coaster" (Honey DTS CD) Nice Gatefold:banana:
Harry Nilsson "The Moonbeam Song" (Nilsson Schmilsson QR)
Jethro Tull "Mother Goose" (Aqualung BD-A)

RPWL - Wanted (DVD-V DD 5.1)
Thanks to haikubass got this gem cheap from UK amazon.(y)
Superb album and excellent discrete surround sound despite it being only dulby! Highly recommended!:banana:

PS. Still no poll for this? For me it's a solid 9!

L6xjHwS.jpg

This is a great album, a low recording with high DR and great surround mix - sounds very nice :smokin

It's no Heavy Metal though :banana:

Man, I'm sooo grateful for the opportunity to enjoy this nice little mix by Robert Ferbrache!

ohh.. I think i asked for the Tarantella unreleased mix at the time (from looking at that thread you linked to, it appears that's what happened.. 2014 seems like such a long time ago in this hobby though anything is possible!) anyway.. I wonder if its possible to purchase this Folklore 5.1 at this point?!

Spinning a custom DSD to PCM conversion of Lo que te conté mientras te hacías la dormida from La Oreja de Van Gogh. Really eerie mix. Reminds me a lot of Keane's Hopes And Fears one. The inmediate positive thing that makes it (both stereo/mch counterparts) better than any CD edition is that the full dynamic range is present, as well as a full 48 kHz range. :mad:@:

Coldplay, A Head Full Of Dreams, DTS-HD Master 5.1 96Khz, at 65db, what great music and props to Coldplay to be the biggest rock band in the world as of this writing to put out a stand alone Blu Ray, fucking love it.

Back