Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice! Didn't know Dig was released in surround. I really like it in stereo, will definitely look out for the surround version. Discogs says cd rom as well as DVD, is there a DVD disc containing the multichannel mix? Or is the multichannel in the cd rom?

Yep gotta get the version that is red binded book like. Can be hard to locate with sellers not listing correctly

has cd and dvd.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-lis...?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1487617721&sr=8-3 doesnt look like lotta good options there

Ebay has a couple but up in the 40s. Discogs nada.

If you are patient they do come around nice condition and cheap at times. :banana:

Nice numbers to this disc too:

bozdetails_zpsu5fdirh1.jpg

Replaygain volum correction only -3.8dB, 96/24 and a fine DR value. This is how you do it!!

Nice! This has been on my "buy" list for some time. I have the MCH "Eat a Peach" and like it.

How do these titles compare?

Idlewild South has much more discrete surround with pretty much each instrument in it's own speaker, it also seems like a cleaner mix overall (done in a very natural way) and with better dynamics. If you like Eat a Peach, you'll love Idlewild South. :upthumb

Edit: Peach has a poll score of 7.98 and Idlewild has 9.63 and I'd say that's about right.

Listening to now: Eat a Peach

I'd get if I were you, :) you can't go wrong with any of the recently released Allman Brothers on Blu-Ray, the sound quality is really good, the surround opens up the albums. I just wish they'd release the rest in 5.1 Blu-Ray - especially Brothers & Sisters

Nice! This has been on my "buy" list for some time. I have the MCH "Eat a Peach" and like it.

How do these titles compare?

I'd get if I were you, :) you can't go wrong with any of the recently released Allman Brothers on Blu-Ray, the sound quality is really good, the surround opens up the albums. I just wish they'd release the rest in 5.1 Blu-Ray - especially Brothers & Sisters

I totally agree, get them all. In comparison to the Eat a Peach, SACD 5.1, which will definitely be the next Blu Ray release for them, I think what you will notice between Idelwild South and Eat A Peach is that EAP is the half live and half studio, so you can hear the transitions, which is not a problem at all, where as Idelwild which is all studio and Blu Ray it is a smoother sound if that makes sense.
everybody will agree, buy them all.
With Fillmore East, my only negative is that it is the entire set list over two days, I grew up on Fillmore East, so I like listening to it the way I grew up. The MOFI stereo only of Fillmore East is probably my preferred listening, just because.

I totally agree, get them all. In comparison to the Eat a Peach, SACD 5.1, which will definitely be the next Blu Ray release for them, I think what you will notice between Idelwild South and Eat A Peach is that EAP is the half live and half studio, so you can hear the transitions, which is not a problem at all, where as Idelwild which is all studio and Blu Ray it is a smoother sound if that makes sense.
everybody will agree, buy them all.
With Fillmore East, my only negative is that it is the entire set list over two days, I grew up on Fillmore East, so I like listening to it the way I grew up. The MOFI stereo only of Fillmore East is probably my preferred listening, just because.

The DTS Entertainment's two disc set of LIVE AT FILLMORE EAST is wildly discrete but unfortunately, they screwed up on the rears [r/l channels are switched]. I DO wish the BD~A of Fillmore was more discrete instead of ambience only in the rears. Oh well.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Allman-Brot...2&pid=100005&rk=3&rkt=6&sd=122363109971&rt=nc

Idlewild South has much more discrete surround with pretty much each instrument in it's own speaker, it also seems like a cleaner mix overall (done in a very natural way) and with better dynamics. If you like Eat a Peach, you'll love Idlewild South. :upthumb

Edit: Peach has a poll score of 7.98 and Idlewild has 9.63 and I'd say that's about right.

Listening to now: Eat a Peach

Thanks all! You've convinced me. I pulled the trigger on Idlewild South. I'll probably end up with Filmore East.

Now to wait for shipment from UK to US.......

That's OK, in the last six weeks I've added more than 20 SACD/DVD-A's. Plenty to listen to while I wait for Idlewild

:) :) :)

Thanks all! You've convinced me. I pulled the trigger on Idlewild South. I'll probably end up with Filmore East.

Now to wait for shipment from UK to US.......

That's OK, in the last six weeks I've added more than 20 SACD/DVD-A's. Plenty to listen to while I wait for Idlewild

:) :) :)

You're going to love it dude! It's the best surround mix by far for the Allman Brothers albums and has some great songs too. I have the Filmore blu-ray set and while it has five separate shows in absolutely amazing sound quality, it is mainly front-end-centric with just a bit of ambience in the back.

moon_zpsmhpbiral.jpg

Kevin singing Keep on Loving You :)

Great show - but why only Dolby Digital 448 kbps on a blu ray? But the sound are not bad.

epitaph_zps4bei3lzt.jpg

Filmed at Hammersmith Apollo, London in 2012, very nice surround when using a surround dsp - and my favourite Judas song is on this - The Green Manalishi (a Fleetwood Mac cover). Great blu ray!!

Back