Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does this mix have discrete activity in the rears (like a Scheiner live mix) or ambience?

It's not like an ES mix...mostly ambience...you don't buy this disc for the surround capabilities...you buy it for the performance....content and good fidelity...if you have never seen it..for importcds price of $12 and change...it's worth it.. TAKE10 is almost over...but you still have time..I tell you what I will do...buy it and if you don't think it's worth the money..I will buy it back from you for what you paid for it and I'll pay shipping to me.....HERE IT IS

It's not like an ES mix...mostly ambience...you don't buy this disc for the surround capabilities...you buy it for the performance....content and good fidelity...if you have never seen it..for importcds price of $12 and change...it's worth it.. TAKE10 is almost over...but you still have time..I tell you what I will do...buy it and if you don't think it's worth the money..I will buy it back from you for what you paid for it and I'll pay shipping to me.....HERE IT IS

Thank you! I love the film and the music... I was introduced to this film when I took a class at UCLA around 1990 on Films about music. Some of the other films we watched were “Gimme Shelter”, “The Decline Of Western Civilization”, “The Monterey Pop Festival”, “Woodstock”... I can’t remember the rest, but what a great class!!! Watch Concert films and write a few essays!

Thank you! I love the film and the music... I was introduced to this film when I took a class at UCLA around 1990 on Films about music. Some of the other films we watched were “Gimme Shelter”, “The Decline Of Western Civilization”, “The Monterey Pop Festival”, “Woodstock”... I can’t remember the rest, but what a great class!!! Watch Concert films and write a few essays!

So you followed in the steps of Jim Morrison:cool:..do they have his picture hanging in the film department?

The extended concert from the box set...

not a lot going on in the rears..the occasional Synth....and the crowd with the reverb...such a shame...wasted opportunity...Eddie should have called me up....but , still , it sounds GREAT in HiRez

R-1964050-1265108894.jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
London Festival Brass Ensemble - The Magic Of Christmas (QS conversion)- Very nice surround mix on this one (the songs without the choir). I wish Dutton-Vocalion would release some of these old Christmas quads

Admiral Presents Christmas in Four Channel Sound (SQ conversion)- This is just great! Good surround mixes and many different artists... Ray Conniff, Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Robert Goulet, E. Power Biggs... it's an all-star cast! C'mon Dutton-Vocalion, this is your type of music:)

Starting later this eve, a bit of Quad.

Kevin Coyne-In Living Black and White......SQ CD

The music is well...all about his experiences in the Asylum where he worked and met some unlucky unfortunate patrons .

20171206_173103.jpg20171206_172927.jpg

Genesis-The Lamb Lies Down On Broadway in DTS 24/96 from the dvd[track 11 The Chamber Of 32 Doors in playing now]

A band that surely needs a surround treatment .

Mott The Hoople-The Hoople. in Quad (via dvda conversion)

View attachment 31442

I don't know if a lot of people know that David Bowie saved this band...they were going to call it quits because of a lack of commercial success...he offered them Suffragette City and they turned him down...I'm glad because I love the way Bowie did that song...so then Bowie wrote All The Young Dudes and they used it and it saved the band..

The Doors Waiting For The Sun (from the Perception box set): 5.1 MLP 96k 24b, sounding really good this evening, sometimes I believe things sound better to me when the humidity is as low as it is now. Definitely a mood disc for me.

Back