Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beck - Sea Change [BDA 5.1 PCM 24 bit/192 khz]

IMG_0365.jpg

The Pineapple Thief - Where We Stood (bluray)

2 songs in and all I can say is wow! This is one hell of a great show, with great audio and a very syrupy saturated picture. Love it! They rock...

The long-awaited Surround Sound DSD 256 Download debut album by the Yuko Mabuchi Trio on Yarlung.
Not available on SACD. The #4 best seller on Native DSD Music after just 4 days of release.

Album Cover - 450w.jpg

Bob Levy from Positive Feedback:

"Yuko Mabuchi plays the ivories with the touch of an angel and the understanding of an artist many times her young age. She is backed by seasoned musicians with strong drive, plus an acute sense of playing with, and not over, the pianist. This is Yarlung’s third jazz album recorded like you wish all performances were recorded: listening is just like being there. All that's missing here is the expensive tickets and a sticky floor! The selection of mostly standards and stand-outs is delightful and hard to leave. I liked every one of them, particularly the "All The Things You Are," "Take The A Train," "Satin Doll Medley," and "St. Thomas," a Sonny Rollins classic."

https://yarlungrecords.nativedsd.com/albums/YAR80161DSD-yuko-mabuchi-trio

Djabe & Steve Hackett - Life Is A Journey DTS DVD-V - This is excellent music with an active, discrete surround mix (at times Steve's guitar seems to mesmerizingly drift around the room from place to place). I love this. Sometimes sounds like smooth jazz, other times like jazz fusion... gorgeous fidelity. Great release!!!!

The long-awaited Surround Sound DSD 256 Download debut album by the Yuko Mabuchi Trio on Yarlung.
Not available on SACD. The #4 best seller on Native DSD Music after just 4 days of release.

View attachment 30812

Bob Levy from Positive Feedback:

https://yarlungrecords.nativedsd.com/albums/YAR80161DSD-yuko-mabuchi-trio

thanks for the info. is it an ambience or discrete type surround mix? also how does one play the MCh DSD files? can they be burned to disc to play in an Oppo? will they work in something like VLC?

thanks for the info. is it an ambience or discrete type surround mix? also how does one play the MCh DSD files? can they be burned to disc to play in an Oppo? will they work in something like VLC?

It's a traditional live concert mix with the musicians in the front channels and audience applause at the end of each track in the surrounds.

The album can be played in Stereo and Multichannel DSD 64 on Oppo 103, 105, 203 and 205 players.
No need to burn the music files to a disc to play on those Oppo models with DSD 64 support built in.

I'm listening to Little Creatures by Talking Heads in surround for the first time. And oh man I'm blown away. I got yesterday the Brick boxset from Discogs and I cannot be more happy with the purchase

I'm listening to Little Creatures by Talking Heads in surround for the first time. And oh man I'm blown away. I got yesterday the Brick boxset from Discogs and I cannot be more happy with the purchase

It's funny ... I just bought this album recently as standalone cd/dvd-a. Also never heard it before. Waiting for the package to arrive.:)

Back