Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Berlioz - La Damnation de Faust SACD (Ozawa/Boston Symphony Orchestra/Pentatone)- My first opera... it's great. Very Discrete... many vocals in the rear channels. Mephistopheles has a starring role. I think I must be a fan of Berlioz, because 3 of my favorite classical pieces are this, Requiem, and Symphonie Fantastique.

Amin Bhatia - Interstellar Suite BD-A- Man, I hope people are ordering this, because I really think you're missing out if you don't hear this disc. It's seriously an amazing surround sound experience. I guarantee this will be the best disc of space music in your surround collection.

Listened to Gentle Giant:
Three Piece Suite
Octopus
The Power & The Glory

Started out completely sober, ended up completely stunk & droned. It was a blast! :smokin

Now Steven Wilson - To The Bone

King Crimson - Red
rock.gif

To send me off to bed.

Amin Bhatia - Interstellar Suite BD-A- Man, I hope people are ordering this, because I really think you're missing out if you don't hear this disc. It's seriously an amazing surround sound experience. I guarantee this will be the best disc of space music in your surround collection.

I can't find the Blu Ray on Amazon, only CD, can anybody reply with a link to purchase the Blu Ray 5.1.

Got 2 gifts today, just got the Amin Bhatia_Interstellar Suite which is a tour de force in surround.

Second gift on Friday the 13th(my birthday) is sharing this day with our second grandchild(another boy born this morning) so will be listening to the joys of 2 young children(oldest Nathan is just 21 months old) which I think qualifies as listening to now in surround :)

peter

Got 2 gifts today, just got the Amin Bhatia_Interstellar Suite which is a tour de force in surround.

Second gift on Friday the 13th(my birthday) is sharing this day with our second grandchild(another boy born this morning) so will be listening to the joys of 2 young children(oldest Nathan is just 21 months old) which I think qualifies as listening to now in surround :)

peter

Congrats, my friend! Listening to surround with my 4 month old is definitely an Atmos upgrade! I love his contributions.
He is definitely learning to sing along and to play percussion!
:wave:woopie:wave:woopie:wave

I just noticed the post above me...I'm playing The End of Innocence DTS-CD because I'm hitting the shower and I grabbed something to listen to...I like the title song because as I get older I think about the loss of innocence in my daily life...I think about when I was a kid...the freedom I had to do nothing at all and have a great time doing it...no responsibility...no real concerns...just having fun with my neighborhood buddies...I lived in a subdivision with a lot of kids my age...there was always something to do...riding our bikes in the summer...our sleds in the winter...playing baseball all day in the summer...nobody locked their doors at night...people helped their neighbors when they needed it....there weren't constant news reports of drive by shootings or violent attacks...the word organic wasn't used but we had tomatoes in our backyard that never saw a chemical...just wash them off and grab a salt shaker...I used to eat them like apples...I'd go back to that time period in a heartbeat:)

I just noticed the post above me...I'm playing The End of Innocence DTS-CD because I'm hitting the shower and I grabbed something to listen to...I like the title song because as I get older I think about the loss of innocence in my daily life...I think about when I was a kid...the freedom I had to do nothing at all and have a great time doing it...no responsibility...no real concerns...just having fun with my neighborhood buddies...I lived in a subdivision with a lot of kids my age...there was always something to do...riding our bikes in the summer...our sleds in the winter...playing baseball all day in the summer...nobody locked their doors at night...people helped their neighbors when they needed it....there weren't constant news reports of drive by shootings or violent attacks...the word organic wasn't used but we had tomatoes in our backyard that never saw a chemical...just wash them off and grab a salt shaker...I used to eat them like apples...I'd go back to that time period in a heartbeat:)

You and me both, riding my bike with silver metallic banana seat a 5' sissy bar as far as I could go, no restraints except for cash. Which I made delivering papers, mowing yards or shoveling snow. For me the end of the innocence was July 1967 Detroit.....Downward Spiral began. This disc I've been looking for but I need it to be at least VG+ prefer NM to add to the Collection.

Back