Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XD2wvaf.jpg

This is a very nice disc, great fidelty and surround mix. I'm not into religion, but love the performance of the artists on the album. And I am a big fan of Aarons singing. Turn it up to really get the power from the choir in the rear speakers.

Jethro Tull - Songs From The Wood.

This is the first time in weeks and weeks that I've had a chance to pause for a little 5-channel immersion. Sure sounds sweet. :)

cHeaP tRiCK Live at Budokan 30th Anniversary Edition DVD 5.1 DD

As far as a surround example, it sucks, kind of the back of the room vapors in the rears.

As a musical document it finally allows the music to be heard. The front is in your face cHeaP tRiCK you can hear what seems to be an artfully done double tracking of Robins vocals and Rick's and Robin's guitars are easily distinguishable and LOUD. Tom's bass is at times a monster, other times he was mixed down.

Bun E.? Goosebumps!

Watching this show again after 5 years was a good choice for this morning...

25AE3213-A16E-498E-A065-C2E80B3AD523-963-000001DBD2E989E4.jpeg

One of the , if not the , LAST DVDA'S to come from UMG . After that disc it pretty much died out on Universal . I believe it went OOP early as a result .
Too bad, I was hoping for more of the Townsend solos that Universal and Pete announced for surround . Oh well.

last UMG DVD-A (i think?) may have been Southern Surroundings?

Again! :banana:

The_Cars_-_The_Cars.jpg

I can't believe that this mix was created (sounds like Scheiner to me) but never officially released. From everything else I've heard, this is the best professionally done surround mix that's never had an official release. I can't believe it's never been released. It's the best surround 'leak' that I've ever heard in my life. I'd be glad to buy this. :upthumb

we may not be listening to the same surround mix but fwiw the one I've heard doesn't sound like the work of Mr. Scheiner to me :eek:

8IbkiwX.jpg

A prog/metal/rock opera by Ayreon - pretty awesome stuff :smokin

Presented on a blu ray - not the best picture or filming/editing, like with his other surround releases, he is happy with 448 kbps Dolby Digital.

But it's great, exellent performance of a lot of great songs - and a nice surround (very discrete at times) mix, and good fidelty! As usual he has a lot of talented artists with him.

Agree with you on this one, very epic in scope and well executed, I have enjoyed this one as well.
To bad this as well as other Ayreon not in lossless as mixing skills are very good.
I like the new Ayreon-"The Source" 5.1 as also very well done.

Yeah, Fredderico I forgot about that surprise "FartMart " promo edition . Well likely last if not one of the final Dualdisc DVDA from UMG .(Rough Mix that is)

And let's not forget all the DVDA'S from RUSH !! But me thinks unlike UMG'S decisions on DVDA issues these were all artist driven and such a very long gap of time since their (UMG) DVDA promotions period , which ended in 06 ??-----I think anyways.

But I guess I was just "pining" for some of those solos from Townsend , that never occurred . (and we'll all cry over the unreleased /mixed in 5.1's from Elton , and the "Dan")
I liked no loved, UMG for their lower prices and ample bonus surround on their DVDA'S when they commenced with SACD and then DVDA surround. (sigh)

Nope, there's been others released since then including "2112" by RUSH, "Songs from the Big Chair" by Tears for Fears, "Sparkle in the Rain"/"Once Upon A Time" by Simple Minds, and all of the Rick Wakeman Quadraphonic releases.

Nope, there's been others released since then including "2112" by RUSH, "Songs from the Big Chair" by Tears for Fears, "Sparkle in the Rain"/"Once Upon A Time" by Simple Minds, and all of the Rick Wakeman Quadraphonic releases.

oh yeah, there you go, silly me, i worked on all of those except 2112, i should know better! :violin

Back