Listening to Now (In Surround) - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DTS mix or DVD-A mix?? :mad:@:
DVD-A :upthumb

I think this'll probably wrap 'er on up for the evening (Twin Peaks reference) :smokin

41DWDQ54WJL.jpg

It's funny - I seriously think I (we) are way too hard on new releases....especially if they don't have the same quality as a Steven Wilson mix....

But I gotta say, this one sounds outstanding. I really need to get over myself and listen to these wonderful discs more often. :)

29338B48-DE09-48C9-BC21-FF7CF593F88E.jpg

Is there a thread for watching/listening to now live video concerts on here some where?

Anyway, Porcupine Tree - Anesthetize

large1872.jpg

Martin Smolka (SACD)
Poema de balcones (2008)
Walden, the Distiller of Celestial Dews (2000)
Słone i Smutne – salt and sadness (2006)

Martin Homann (percussion)
SWR Vokalensemble Stuttgart
Marcus Creed (conductor)

Modern classical music for chorus. Hypnotic and relaxing. I love it...but being a bit abstract this might not be everyone's cup of tea. Wonderfully immersive mix, though.

Lichtmond The Journey Dolby Atmos Blu Ray Audio
https://www.amazon.de/LICHTMOND-Journey-3D-2D-Blu-ray/dp/B01L0RI0IK

Very active overheads. Atmos is the future of surround mixing. Louder than needed, but extremely creative mix. Recommended.

Yes, that is one great surround disc - awesome surround mix. A little "hot" like you write, but it sounds very good.

Atmos is great, just watched Conjuring 2 - spooky as he**. Those sounds.. like I'm having poltergeists in the attic - maybe I have :yikes

Beatles-Anthology DTS DVD disc-chapters 7&8

RE-I Am The Walrus ;
I think I like the mix on this disc a bit more than the Love DVDA version.

View attachment 28391
IATW is my all time favorite song. I did not know that Anthology was in surround so I pulled it out to listen to it. I realized I now own four different copies of IATW in surround. Besides the Anthology, I have the Love soundtrack, the Magical Mystery Tour Blu ray and a copy of the MMT CD that someone made for me. So I played them back to back to back to back and for me the Love disc is the clear winner due to the way the breakup in the middle travels around the stage. In all four versions I can clearly hear John singing 'Smoke pot smoke pot everybody smoke pot'. I did notice one amazing thing. The video on the MMT BR is different from the video on the Anthology disc. Not a whole lot different but still different. I wish I could play both at once to list the differences. Why would they remix the video?

Oh, I love this disc - and especially this song:

disc_zpsmzqx9e53.jpg

Great voice - Maggie Reilly :)

Oh man, I do too!
"To France" might be my favorite Mike Oldfield 'song' (as opposed to 'composition') and part of that is because of Maggie Reilly's voice.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back